Beginners - January 2014 (Page 40)

c++ playing a sound

Hello, I am trying to create a program wich, when executed, does nothing but play's a sound. I have tried searching the web and the forum, although I found a l...
[3 replies] Last: @jindros Here's another option.. // Beeping Sounds.cpp : main proj... (by whitenite1)
cin.getline(): no matching function for call

carray is a pointer to the first car structure in an array of car structures, and num is an integer. I used cin.getline() in a for loop after I declared car. Wh...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, yes thank you Yanson. Then the answer to OP is that cin.getline t... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
My pokemon Console Game (Looking for Tips)

Hey guys, I spent a couple hours programming this game. I thought it would be fun to have a console type pokemon game. I ran into a problem on how to structure ...
[3 replies] Last: Hey, thanks for the reply! I really like your class structure. Do you ... (by novellof)
vector wont declare

So I have all of the include libraries but my vector wont declare two players. Can someone tell me how I am suppose to write this one line of code class Eight...
[4 replies] Last: THANK YOU!...Did not know that i just placed the Card inside the brack... (by eman2013)
by DELB
Could someone please walk through this code step-by-step?

float pos = {0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f}; float distance(float mob1 , float mob2 ) { return sqrt(sqr(mob2 -mob1 ) + sqr(mob2 -mob1 ) + ...
[9 replies] Last: #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using names... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
by DELB
Not sure how to make this function work

#include <iostream> using namespace std; bool askOracle(float percentChance) { // Decides if a decision should // be done (true/false), when a /...
[4 replies] Last: Ah ha, thanks man. (by DELB)
by JTG500
Math in C++

Can someone please explain the math involved here with the function int factorial(int number). I can not seem to understand why int product =1 and how this part...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you, I understand this a lot more now. (by JTG500)
Just need a bit of advice

I just need some advice on creating more useful comments, and perhaps improving the readability of the code itself. I don't expect you to painstakingly go throu...
[4 replies] Last: I've just finished a college class in beginning c++, and the instructo... (by newbieg)
Program given weird symbols, letter, characters etc.

Compiled this code from the Programming: Practice and Principles Using C++ pdf. It runs fine but gives me weird symbols, letters and numbers in <<"char("...
[2 replies] Last: There is some strange conversions here. a double gets stored in an ... (by Manga)
by Life24
I have error

Hi, I have an error. #include "stdafx.h" int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv ) { char str1 , str2 ; printf("Enter a str : "); sc...
[4 replies] Last: From MSDN: Unlike scanf and wscanf, scanf_s and wscanf_s require the ... (by long double main)
by pvanh
Class including 2d struct

Hi, class Message { public: /** A flag indicating whether this is an extended CAN message */ uint8_t extended; /** The id...
[no replies]
by binf
Please Help

I have to find the average of n students (for 3 marks) and then find the average of the class..I wrote the code until a certain point but I can't find the right...
[3 replies] Last: If I understood correctly, you want to ask the user to enter 3 grades ... (by Zepth)
I HAVE AN ERROR

I hope you can help me. I have that error: error: incompatible types in assigment of 'int' to 'int ' const int MAX_HOTELS=5; const int MAX_DAYS=365; t...
[4 replies] Last: First: Like toum said - don't pass-by-value. When you do that, a copy ... (by Zepth)
address book

How can I get the main() to cout the user's response? all answers appreciated. #include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std; int tot...
[2 replies] Last: thanks! (by ASCII14)
qt

Is QT good for IDE in Cplusplus for cross platform running and target
[1 reply] : i started doing something on QT.. it's very user-friendly, i'm no expe... (by ardengo)
by binf
I have an error

I have to input n (the number of numbers),k (certain number). The program should output number (number of numbers greater than k) and then also their sum.I wrot...
[5 replies] Last: Oh I see. I thought to OP was after two numbers, n and k, and wanted t... (by MrHutch)
by YannB
C program Linked List

Hi everyone, I'm new to C and I'm stuck with a problem. I'm building a linked list that gets a full string and divides it into 4 parts after the '_#_' chara...
[1 reply] : Your insert_beginning does access two global variables: struct node *... (by keskiverto)
Pig Latin ALgortithm help!

Program: Pig Latin Strings conversts a string into the pig latin form.Rewrite a program from the previous exercise so that it can be used to process a textr of ...
[7 replies] Last: Nevermind Yanson :D did some research and seemed to figure it out now ... (by fahmankhan75)
Difference between string::size_type len and...

I have been reading my book for quite a while and also at the same time seeing several forum members using these string::size_type lenThis one was in my book; h...
[2 replies] Last: lol, I read that like 15 minutes ago :D definitely a good explanation ... (by fahmankhan75)
Accessing method from another method crashes

Fixed :)
[no replies]
January 2014 Pages: 1... 3839404142... 44
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.