Beginners - January 2014 (Page 42)

List three ways to initialize a vector with the value 42

I have this ecer List three ways to define a vector and give it ten elements, each with the value 42. Indicate whether there is a preferred way to do so and ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
by DjZ
Need some advice.

Hi, I have already studied the basics of C++ and java but its getting frustrating as I see very little progress and I am getting bored so I love compu...
[4 replies] Last: A good website for learning is cplusplus.com, that's what i am using t... (by feare56)
Just for fun and giggles

Anyone interested in playing a crappy version of duck hunt I made? If you are, then please do! Feel free to comment and talk shit about it https://www.med...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry it isn't in the lounge ill move it soon.! Thanks to those who p... (by Hambone)
Text rpg combat system

Hello! I started learning c++ a couple of months ago and last week I decided to start with a little project: I decided to start making a text-RPG. Well, I've do...
[16 replies] Last: else if(hitGoblin == 2) { hp = showHp(hp, enemyatta... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
by dogon
Backtracking in a maze

Hey everyone, so essentially I have a maze that I'm trying to solve using stacks. So essentially, the maze is a two dimensional array witht he values c...
[1 reply] : In order to backtrack you need to record the history of your moves so ... (by toum)
by nap333
Help on reading from text file

Hello guys, i am totally new here and i need help. What i want to do is, to read from a text file some dates and sort them to 3 arrays(days/months/years) in ord...
[1 reply] : After reading your line from the file, you can use strtok to break it ... (by tipaye)
by binf
Help

I want to find the maximum value in a sequence that may have only negative numbers. With this code I get 0 when I am comparing only negative values... #in...
[8 replies] Last: Sorry binf, I didn't read carefully enough, but guys above explained e... (by MatthewRock)
Store int to char

How to store int/double value in a char?
[7 replies] Last: Oh, I see what you mean now. You want to associated the value with its... (by MrHutch)
Could be done . . . right?

Managed to download the Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ pdf, and get my programming block off (for now). Now to the q...
[8 replies] Last: I am not sure what kind of response you're expecting. Is this possib... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Help me...!!

If it is possible to take last 2 digits of a 4 digit number using C++? Please help me...!!
[3 replies] Last: Yes it does, you need to take modulo 100. (I totally forgot about that... (by Stormboy)
Connecting Classes Question

Hello folks! I am attempting the "Graduation" beginner exercise (http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/) and am having trouble visualizing how to con...
[6 replies] Last: @cire Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't considered using a standard co... (by EtDecius)
by OUIJ
help using cin.get()

I have posted parts of this program before but am having trouble using the cin.get(); to replace system("PAUSE";. When I use it in this function it doesn't paus...
[5 replies] Last: system ("PAUSE") is the same as system("pause") they both work the sam... (by OUIJ)
counter-controlled while loop c++

hey guys help me please :) The program should be print the numbers 0 through 10, along with their values doubled and tripled. The data file contains the nece...
[5 replies] Last: ok thanks sir :) i have a idea now.. (by Jasis Sanqui)
Clarifying structures for me.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Cplusplus.com, I have read a few things and am curious about structs. Everything I've read says to do; struct Name{ std::stri...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for that mobotus, sir. (by closed account 91qLy60M)
Function and overload

Each program is necessary to alter the function and perform under overload #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <conio.h> #d...
[7 replies] Last: I'm assuming you need to combine these two into 1 program, you don't n... (by ValliusDax)
by lindi8
C++ homework

Can sombody help me in this homework http://i40.tinypic.com/2hrdgfq.png
[13 replies] Last: I have not tested this, but you seem to be very close now, this would ... (by ValliusDax)
String FUnctions help

I have already made a code that makes words into pig latin. For those of you who don't know what pig latin is then not a thing to worry. Now suppose I have hel...
[1 reply] : I assume you strip the word down to characters. Now, just check if the... (by sakonpure6)
Undeclared (First Use This Function)?

I'm trying to write a program that asks for the x and y coordinates of a point, then outputs which quadrant that point would be located under. However, my varia...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. I had never seen the error message so I was really confused! (by playitpro)
Help in a lot of fraction in c++

Hi! The program is running well but i need to help how to reduce the fraction. when I enter 2, -3 , 5, 6 the output gives -10/18 instead of -5/9. This is my pr...
[1 reply] : Divide the numerator and denominator by the GCD of the two numbers. Y... (by long double main)
creating an array with "new" creates infinite array?

so I did just notice that the code below works just fine, why? I want to create an array with only 2 elements, not infinite #include <iostream> using names...
[13 replies] Last: oh, I got it now, thanks (by mekkatorqu)
January 2014 Pages: 1... 4041424344
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.