Beginners - January 2014 (Page 38)

by SulPC
Code Comments

Does commenting excessively in code effect its execution speed?
[3 replies] Last: Comments don't get compiled into your program. The don't affect the s... (by IWishIKnew)
How to run a program after writing in c++ please help :)

Salam! I started to learn C++ ( today :D). I downloaded turbo c++ and I have written a program (Hello World) in it. But when i click compile it shows me tha...
[8 replies] Last: Download programming practice and principles using c++, it's by the c+... (by closed account iAk3T05o)
Cant get good player collision

Hello Im making a 2d game for school in c++ but i cant get the collosion working i have to code it so the player cant walk trough walls and floors but i jus...
[2 replies] Last: Let's say you have square 1 - it will be player - and square two - whi... (by MatthewRock)
Enum help

So i know what an enum does enum KeyPressSurfaces { KEY_PRESS_SURFACE_DEFAULT, KEY_PRESS_SURFACE_UP, KEY_PRESS_SURFACE_DOWN, KEY_PRESS_SURFACE_...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, that's what I meant. I haven't been using plain enums for some ti... (by MatthewRock)
by azzer
Inheritance problems

I have a base class that i would like to get some values from a subclass. Im going to name the classes of animals so it is easy to understand what i mean. Say...
[5 replies] Last: The dynamic_cast help me solve the problem. Thanks again guys :) (by azzer)
what exactly is BYTE variable type?

^title, I saw it few times in example codes, but I have no idea what it is, or how it works, any tutorials or something?
[3 replies] Last: So there is no use of byte in any game development??? am i right O.o (by mtm4777)
by dodd7
Game of Life Modification 2D Grid Movement

Hey Cplusplus community. I am a long time reader of these forum threads but this is my first actual post so please tell me if there is anything I should do d...
[2 replies] Last: Hey JockX from the looks of it this code will be really useful to help... (by dodd7)
Please give me advice

How to make tic-tac-toe game application
[2 replies] Last: That's some terrible code up there... But it works. If you want to cr... (by MatthewRock)
Rock, Paper, Sissors Game

I am writing a rock, paper, scissors game. The code I have complies but doesn't work very long before. the game quits! I have been trying to debut it but I am n...
[2 replies] Last: Don't use rand. http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GoingNative/2013/rand... (by MatthewRock)
by alsade
can i declare only part of a class as another class friend?

assuimng i want only A::a to be a friend of class B (and leave A::c as is-not a friend) is there a way to do it? #include <iostream> using namespace std;...
[2 replies] Last: no, thats a qustion from an exercise and we are asked not to use inher... (by alsade)
by xeef
set/get methode

how is that called whats the corect syntax ? a link would by great class C { private: int _x public: int X(int x) __set {_x = x;} int X() _...
[5 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/8147/ (by xeef)
0.o please assist, seemingly impossible program!

Hello everyone:), i need help with the following: I need to make a program that takes an input from file(.txt) with this format! e 1234 d 0189 d 1234 e 1234...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys, and for being patient with me,, i really ap... (by Ozwurld)
What is wrong with my code?

Help me please! i keep on seeing this error! cannot convert `double' to `double*' for argument `1' to `double get_fx(double*, int, double, double, double)' ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you for that.. do you know how to fix it? i have to submit it to... (by newton123)
How to determine the size of a file??

Thanks to read this message. I want load the data from a file to a dynamic array. I dont know how to determine the size of the file. I can post the code if y...
[7 replies] Last: but you can't avoid to close it if you use your shadow fiend `filesi... (by ne555)
question2

why i cant use clrscr(); or sleep() or delay() or goto L and ..... in visual studio and c free and ... and what is answer
[5 replies] Last: Visual Studio is a windows compiler. no. it is a windows ide. altho... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
C++, Xcode and uses!

Hi there! I'm quite new to C++, and only 13 at that. I've learned quite a bit so far from this site and other resources alone, however I still have two question...
[3 replies] Last: And off topic, but I seriously recommend this site to you. The site ha... (by heyyouyesyouiloveyou)
by DELB
Epsilon Value Question

bool cmpf(float A, float B, float epsilon = 0.005f) { return (fabs(A - B) < epsilon); } In this instance, why is it 0.005f? I understand the concept ...
[2 replies] Last: I see. Thanks man. (by DELB)
by DELB
1.1f = 10 percent?

float s = {1.1f, 1.1f, 1.1f}; // makes it 10% bigger in each direction I was reading a tutorial and it says that this is 10%. I thought 0.10f would have ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks man. (by DELB)
by nvrmnd
help me!! std::function and lambdas

I'm trying to experiment w/ lambdas and std::function What this program do (supposed to do) is simply print the contents of a container using a specified patte...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks everyone, i'll consider using catfish's approach (by nvrmnd)
Make false position method as a function.

Hello there! At this moment, I am writing a program that solves the real root of the function f(x) = .05x - sin(x) using false position method. I have my co...
[1 reply] : First of all, it should be if(selection == 4) (two equals signs inst... (by long double main)
January 2014 Pages: 1... 3637383940... 44
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.