Beginners - January 2014 (Page 9)

Programming project ideas

I am a 2nd semester student at a CSU and I am looking for some projects I can do in my spare time that would be fun and help me grasp a better understanding of ...
[1 reply] : If you're currently studying algorithms, you can try the problems on P... (by LB)
by qmzh85
Question on dynamic memory allocation

Dear all: I ran a sample code from this website: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/dynamic/ The code demonstrates how to dynamically allocate memorie...
[3 replies] Last: Yes - it only works because you're not using C++14 and your compiler s... (by LB)
Could someone explain how program works?

Hello everyone, I'm having trouble with a program that allows a user to enter the elements in an array and then outputs them in order from smallest to greatest....
[4 replies] Last: Thanks I understand it now. (by Mechennyy)
by chas01
not read last input x2 ??

I am reading from a text file. the last entry is read twice and this changes the total number count. QUESTION is: how to not read the last input file entry ...
[1 reply] : First, welcome to cplusplus.com. The code button is the "<>" looking b... (by Smac89)
Line count, what's wrong with my logic?

Okay I thought it was running well, but as I used different files, the line count screws up and give me wonky numbers (usually more.) I want to exclude commen...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks I removed that, so that's what I have up there so far in my ori... (by geekytom777)
by Chubby
I am not sure!

I am kinda stuck at this question: read 10 integer values, use them to initialize elements of the array and find the number of positive elements in the array. Y...
[1 reply] : Please do not post more than once, you already have a thread here: ht... (by LB)
by OUIJ
dynamically allocating an array of strucures

I am having problems with dynamically allocating an array of structures. I have to write a program that ask for how many students a teacher has and then create ...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for that info L B (by OUIJ)
Cannot allocate an object of abstract type ‘WallTile’|

I'm struggling with this problem for some days now and can't seem to find any solutions on the web. I'm trying to learn how to use virtual functions properly, b...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! How did I not know this before? I will try it. (by Japper28)
Problem with Sales_item

I get the following error when compiling this: expected unqualified-id before ';' toke line 6 #include <iostream> #include "Sales_item.h" int main(...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, it was a really stupid mistake :). Ussally in C::B the file... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
C++11 multithreading issue in VSC++E-12

I recently started to look into using multithreading in my application for doing some calculations in the background. The problem I am having is with using the ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! That solved it. (by natchos)
[C++] How to play mciSendString in async mode?

PlaySound returns immediately after beginning the sound. My file "5.wav" lasts a few seconds, but I can interrupt it immediately by pressing the key once again....
[no replies]
new student

I keep getting a "unknown type name 'interest'" on my interest rate on line 9, along with a "unused variable 'Interest'" on line 25, I am still new to C++, any ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you on helping me fix a simple error (by JonnyBlaze213)
by engr
need of data structure and algo

Do we need the knowledge of Data structure and algo for a better programming.. or just PRogramming C and OOP C++ need ? FYI I have not learnt Data Structure ...
[4 replies] Last: > Do we need the knowledge of Data structure and algo for a better pro... (by JLBorges)
Arrays programme won't give right answer.

// Can anyone please tell me that what is wrong with my programme? I'm trying to learn arrays. I understood the concept but this programme is not giving right a...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for replying. It worked. Such a silly mistake :) (by talhabhatti5)
3d arrays

Can we create 3d arrays in c++ programs?
[8 replies] Last: @JLBorges as for now and for me, it doesn't matter if output is under... (by NPcomplete)
by jsans
Passing a pointer to an array of strings in to a function

Dear, I have check some post but I can not see what is happening to me. I am experimenting with pointers, arrays and functions to learn how to use it. I have...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your replies. Finally I have figured out what happened... (by jsans)
ASII Code

Input 4 digit numbers and display the Ascii code of each. i know how to convert one dight number into ascii but how i can convert 4 digit number?
[5 replies] Last: Thanks every one for the help :) (by thefasninja)
what is using namespace std;

why do we need to write using namespace std; or std:: in every C++ program? what is it's purpose?
[7 replies] Last: ya, thanx (by NPcomplete)
change file name

Hi. I really need to do this. How can I write a program that will change the "spaces" in the names of the files in a folder and it subfolders to a "_". Thanks...
[2 replies] Last: OK. Thanks (by fmehri76)
Bignum

I want to solve problem 48 of projecteuler.net to find the last ten digits of the series 1^1 + 2^2 + ... + 1000^1000 so i wrote this code!! there is one mistak...
[10 replies] Last: Done! ;) Tnx i was so depressed for thiis! :D (by khengol khan)
January 2014 Pages: 1... 7891011... 44
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.