Beginners - January 2016 (Page 3)

Function Template Already Defined

I've searched online and found several topics with the same error, but I still can't figure this out. I think the issue might be might with #includes. I f...
[3 replies] Last: i edited my post to split .h and .cpp I dont like this approach, incl... (by Jaybob66)
Strings - The Sequel

Hi there, i was trying to make a code wich would allow a user to insert a phrase and then the console app would print back the same phrase, although all the wor...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry took me a while to figure out how to use the function...... (by Onpocket)
loading a string array and a parallel double array

So i am working on this program that has to read a file contacting property address and the amount of property tax due. The file looks like this: 151 Acorn 50...
[12 replies] Last: haha my professor finally emailed me back and alerted me that there is... (by BonsaiSuperstar)
Future date

I want to use difftime to count days between today and the day in the future. I don't know how to do the latter. I've tried time_t future = time(???) where '???...
[1 reply] : The easiest way is to first the struct tm structure completely with th... (by Shadowwolf)
by Dmytro
What are these strange amazing Makefile.am Makefile.in?

What are these strange amazing Makefile.am Makefile.in? I downloaded a project that contains. How strange, many Makefile.am and Makefile.in it? I have compiler...
[1 reply] : Compiler generates object files based on source files and linker c... (by keskiverto)
by haiqi
extract unique rows of 2d array

hi, i have a 2d array with entries like 1.2 2.3 2.4 4.5 1.2 2.3 1.9 3.5 I want to extract all the unique rows of the 2d array like this ...
[3 replies] Last: If you had the 2D array stored as a std::vector of vectors (each row a... (by keskiverto)
swimmingpool

so i made this program recently i am stuck and need help it Write the definition of a class, swimmingPool, to implement the properties of a swimming pool. You...
[6 replies] Last: also @cire would drain be the same way ,but a little bit different (by warrior757)
Summing Rows of 2 Dimensional Array

Hey guys, I'm completely lost on what to do next, I'm writing a program that takes numbers, and sorts them into columns, then calculate the sum of the 4 separat...
[8 replies] Last: Ah yes you're right! I don't know how I missed that one...Thanks for h... (by hookster007)
LNK1561 c++ window form application

So I don't know if this is a good place to post this but I seem to be having an error with my visual studio 2015. I made a windows form project and I seem to be...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks bro you saved ME :D. Also I made my calculator (by CrypticA1)
by VICR93
Read the sticky, console still closing right away

Okay, I have Windows 10. I am using Sublime Text2 with the MinGW compiler. I went through the sticky on Console Closing down. I tried several different optio...
[4 replies] Last: That did the trick! and what a trick it is. I'm guessing its leaving t... (by VICR93)
Variables to byte arrays

Hi, need some help with converting variables into byte arrays for serial transmission on Arduino in each direction. I need to convert int, long, long long and f...
[5 replies] Last: Do you mean something like this ? #include<iostream> using namespac... (by obscure)
Converting date string to timestamp

This is my attempt: #include <time.h> #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> #include <Windows.h> long gettimezone(){ ...
[5 replies] Last: i thought time_t was typedef'd as unsigned long Not necessarily, tim... (by jlb)
by plus2
Pointers

Program is to enter a string and search for a specific word in that string. Output should be the first alphabet of the word searched for. I'm gettin errors and...
[2 replies] Last: char *substr(char *string1,char string2); So, substr is declared a... (by cire)
insert random number

How can we insert two independent random number to two equations (x,y) contain two parts like this: x = a* randomnumber1 + b* randomnumber2 y = c* randomnumb...
[3 replies] Last: Something like that, yes. Is that not what you want? (by Zhuge)
Need help with solving a task

Write a program that reads from the standard input a text in English and outputs in the standard output the same text encoded in Morse code. The program must ha...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by DodoTedo)
Few Questions

What is transmitted with function call by reference in the programming language C++? а) the address of the argument b) the address of the variable c) if ...
[4 replies] Last: What is transmitted with function call by reference in the programmin... (by dhayden)
Can we learn two programming languages together?

I am learning C++, so I want to ask should I also start PHP also. Mean if I divide my day time in two parts morning for C++ and evening for PHP. So, is it possi...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, ok don't be too much hyper #TarikNaej (by ZahoorKhan)
Pointers and arrays

Write your question here. Hello guys, I'm a beginner in C++ and I have a question. Can someone explain to me the lines 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th from my code ....
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much ! You've helped me a lot ! :) And about line 17 , ... (by cskarche96)
Adding step size?

Hello Im still fairly new to C++ programming. This is my first semester using this type of coding. I am not sure how to create a step size for one of my problem...
[3 replies] Last: @TheIdeasMan Thanks for the constructive feedback. I'll keep this in m... (by integralfx)
by asya
Sum of two arrays printed in a third array by passing the values to a function

Hello, I have an assignment to make. I am not sure if I am on the right track and I receive two errors from the compiler. I am also not sure if I should put th...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, Ispil! It worked. (by asya)
January 2016 Pages: 12345... 29
  Archived months: [dec2015] [feb2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.