Beginners - July 2013 (Page 11)

by piczim
BMI Calculator if statement help

I am wanting to write a program for a BMI calculator that eventually will record details for several entries. However to start with I need to be able to jus...
[no replies]
Basic Qn: How to identify sub-class object

I have one base Class A and 4 sub Classes B, C, D, E that inherit Class A. std::vector<A* > myVec; A* ptr = new B(); // new objects of subclasses create...
[7 replies] Last: And sorry I don't understand, what does 'loosening the coupling' mean?... (by abhishekm71)
by JB2005
from file to array then finding lowest number.

It reads the numbers from a file but it is then supposed to find the lowest number. Right now it seems to read numbers from a file (txt file) but it seems to on...
[9 replies] Last: Okay it's working thank you for the help. (by JB2005)
cout >> Account array

I'm doing a banking code and working on the part where it would print all of the accounts in an array class Account. I'm not really sure how to go about this. ...
[no replies]
cross platform directory listing

I googled for ways to get a directory listing, and from the results i saw, it looked like it was going to be a pain in the butt in c++. Looked like you cannot d...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks a lot that helped me :) (by Albo Coder)
by Focus
Writing to files

I have a problem writing data into a special position in a file, i have been searching for clues online but i cant find anything usefull :(. what i have learned...
[3 replies] Last: And there it is! thax a lot! <3 (by Focus)
Quesion about VS 2012 Ultimate

Hi guys, I have a code which was compiled with no problems and I want to run the program? How do I do it? (I'm using Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate) I've click C...
[5 replies] Last: I guess this is what you need http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/... (by Albo Coder)
Somebody REPLY!!! Function HELP PLEASE!

I have pieced together a small program that reads a file and translates Roman numerals to integers. The program then solves the arithmatic with the integers and...
[13 replies] Last: OK, let me look at this some more and I'll see if I can get help. My ... (by Chervil)
Member Initializer List

why member initializer list feature is introduced because we can also provide initialization in function's body ?
[6 replies] Last: Ok vlad you r right .... Happy? Thnx for help (by programmerx)
passing arguement

Write your question here. Class A{......}; class B{ public: void function(A * p_obj) { //Do Something } }; int main() { B obj; ...
[1 reply] : caller is unable to delete the allocated object because it has no its ... (by vlad from moscow)
String help

How can I check how many characters are there in a string using an array. I got this far, but I am not sure what to put for the condition. for (int i = 0...
[10 replies] Last: Okay, I will try that to, DTSCode. Thank you! (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Netbeans compile problem

I am running windows 7 32bit. I have netbeans installed using the cygwin compiler. when i go to run the program i get an error. do i have a problem with my c...
[9 replies] Last: Are you using minGW with Code::Blocks If you are than it may be possi... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
From Nothing to Real Programming

Hey, so I've been searching for some specific C++ Boards that also have a Beginners area, because thats exactly what I need. So the following is probably bei...
[9 replies] Last: I'm sorry, but I can't answer your questions directly. I don't know if... (by Xiledcore)
why is there not most used functions added to c++

I know c++11 added some functions of what i mean, like std::to_string(). Its seems dead brained to not add something like that in as everyone useses it. But the...
[2 replies] Last: Peter87 took care of most questions, but to address the last one, I k... (by Cubbi)
looping basics

Input a name and print it ten times #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a; do ...
[5 replies] Last: try this #include <iostream> #include <string> //puts std:: into t... (by jaydizzle)
loop help.

How would I make a function with a endless loop inside of another function, and the loop will not effect the application from runing, it will not effect any asp...
[11 replies] Last: Oh, okay. I think I understand now. Thanks everyone. (by Johnny111111111)
Data organization

I am trying to input a file to an array and then seperate the file based on order, there are 8 output files. My problem is that all the values end up taking a...
[3 replies] Last: might the error in opening come from an improperly addressed pointer t... (by Feymanismyhero)
A problem with a program that converts binary code to decimal code.Help if you may please.

This program basically asks you to input the digits of you're binary number then converts them into decimal values.The problem was narrowed down to the calculat...
[no replies]
by Blank
for loop

Write a for loop that repeats seven times, asking the user to enter a number. The loop should also calculate the sum of the numbers entered. this is what i ...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { float total = 0; for(i... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by jaded7
Learning advanced templating

Hello all, I (would like to) think that I am somewhat familiar with C++, and lately I have changed from learning the language features to learning effective de...
[2 replies] Last: My apologies for the (very long) delay; but thanks for the pointers! W... (by jaded7)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 910111213... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.