Beginners - July 2019 (Page 4)

Recursive help

Hi, I'm not understanding why my recursive function returns False. bool timer(int attack, int calm, int worker){ //2, 3, 9 goes in if (wo...
[6 replies] Last: ...descriptive names...I read that somewhere.... (by Niccolo)
by bsr
openCV C++

Hello, I've just started to learn opencv, so I used code that I found github but I have problem these lines. the program output is undeclared identifier. ...
[8 replies] Last: no read the documentation that corresponds to your version (what I sai... (by ne555)
by kmce
return false, return true

Hi, I was trying to do an exercise but couldn't figure it out so had to find the solution online, the solution though contains a part that is slightly confusing...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, you helped a lot. For some reason when I was following how ... (by kmce)
by kmce
Not returning to main function, after running a different function

Hi, I have created a rock, paper, scissors game which is an exercise in the book I am going through. It is partially running ok, but im having an issue with the...
[6 replies] Last: in my for loop in the main function i wanted it to only run the same... (by kmce)
Trouble with Class + sorting

Hello, I'm working on an assignment involving reading an input file, sorting the data, and outputting the data all while using topics such as struct, class, ...
[8 replies] Last: It's always good to start a program like this by just reading the inpu... (by dhayden)
Reading values from 2 text files into array (or vector)

I have two text files: 17204 600 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 16530 600 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 28121 600 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 94199 600 0 885 168 0 0 10 1063 217147 7500 0 10521 1854 0...
[10 replies] Last: Looking at code all day and it was in front of my face! Thank you @dha... (by KindEquation)
FLTK or not to FLTK... that is the question

Ok various other C++ support personnel, Getting into GUI programming and was advised that there are tons of GUI libraries..... one I have been made aware of ...
[11 replies] Last: Niccolo & everyone who gives a crap (LOL)… Found the answer...… i... (by Xanadu4ever)
Help on project please :)

This is the code I have to debug, and I can't figure out what is wrong with it. // debug_lab7.cpp // Lab 7 original source // debugged by ????????? Your na...
[6 replies] Last: all your other loops are 0-4 (0,1,2,3,4) 5 total items, < 5. one of t... (by jonnin)
Calling a function- primary expression?

I'm working on a simple program that will calculate a total number of days depending on the number of days and weeks the user enters. When I call my function in...
[2 replies] Last: ah, I see. Thanks! (by saturnz)
Sort int subvectors from low to high

subsetSortedStringnumbers2 is a 2D vector containing rows of ints. I want to sort the ints in each subvector of subsetSortedStringnumbers2 from low to high. The...
[1 reply] : To sort each "row" of a "table"; #include <iostream> #include <vector... (by keskiverto)
by Horror
Combining two programs into one (1,2)

I'm trying combine these two programs into one, but I'm having trouble doing so. I always keep getting errors whenever I combine them as a void function. If any...
[23 replies] Last: Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to take a source file and jus... (by MikeyBoy)
Allowing user to open and select file to read using datastreams

Hi everyone, I am trying to code a program which will allow the user to read a .csv (or another text file) but the user must be able to choose the file to be...
[2 replies] Last: I am using Qt and I will be coding a GUI to link the widgets onto the... (by MikeyBoy)
Reading and storing .csv values using data streams

Hi everyone, I'm trying to code a program which requires opening and reading a .csv file using datastreams and storing the words in a string array. The thing i...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, the OP has signed off that this is done, and the thread is officia... (by Niccolo)
incompatible types in assignment of ‘Enemy*’ to ‘Enemy* [0]

Yes, I'm back again with the same project I'm always asking questions about. I'm on Linux, and my issue this time is michael@caitlyn current-ourrpg $ make g+...
[19 replies] Last: myEnemy is simply meant as a shortened pointer to the enemies array ... (by Repeater)
sringstream never hitting eof()

Hi guys, I'm following Bjarnes book practices and principles chapter 11 page 400, here we are creating a punct stream which basically parses a sentence to elim...
[2 replies] Last: thanks Ganado that is much more concise believe it or not Bjarne Stou... (by adam2016)
Size of char

Hi :) Is is true that char has a different size depending on computer? If yes, could you say, why? (sry for bad eng, i'm not native English)
[2 replies] Last: In the event that you are on some very unique hardware*, you can use C... (by Ganado)
Programming practices and learning

Hey fellow programmers! I am a beginner in competetive programming.I know basics of programming and a few brute force approaches to solve the problems.Eventuall...
[2 replies] Last: http://acm.cs.buap.mx/downloads/Programming_Challenges.pdf quite old, ... (by ne555)
Treatment of NaN

Hi guys, suppose I have a division between double variables somewhere in my code. If this division leads to an overflow, the result will be stored as "NaN",...
[5 replies] Last: I would suggest to use std::isnormal(...) with an assert since all not... (by coder777)
Need help with AVR 8 Bit timer

Hi guys, I have written a code for led blink and using a 8 bit timer of micro controller to produce a delay of 1.6384 sec. But as I upload the code to ATmega256...
[1 reply] : Have you read this? https://www.microchip.com/wwwAppNotes/AppNotes.asp... (by salem c)
Help on program to find days in month with leap years

Hello! So I have a code here which determines whether a year is a leap year or not: #include <iostream> using namespace std; bool isLeapYear(int year); in...
[3 replies] Last: Edit: Solved, thanks for help. (by jonathon378)
July 2019 Pages: 123456... 11
  Archived months: [jun2019] [aug2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.