Beginners - June 2014 (Page 4)

Learn to make an RPG

Ultimately, I would like to be able to make my own RPG. What tutorials/resources would help me achieve this goal?
[5 replies] Last: Thank you all for your answers and links (links are always VERY helpfu... (by turtlesavage)
Constructor Question

What is the point of the portion after the single ":"? If I were to put "Person::Person(string firstname, string lastname, int arbitraryNumber)", would I need t...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you. The links you provided me have a lot of good information t... (by turtlesavage)
by leo255
Do any of you guys review projects from old college classes?

Hi all, I finished my semester about a month ago - The programming classes I took were Java, C, and Intro to Data Structures (in C++). Since finishing, I wen...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the responses, guys. They were all helpful! I think I will... (by leo255)
Why is garbage coming?

Hello I am unable to do it correctly. can anyone help me in this. ( use turbo C++ only). I have used the concept of Julian Day Number. I am getting garbage ...
[3 replies] Last: You probably have a problem with your math. Maybe there is some coeffi... (by MiiNiPaa)
by akif13
Create a program that get 10 even numbers from user

Hi. I need to enter numbers not more than 10 but it failed. I used while but it kept asking me to enter numbers. The output should be like this: Please ke...
[1 reply] : while (!st.full()) { cin >> num; if (num % 2 == ... (by Maharaja)
by nebel
Data design and boolean text search query evaluation for a small text search engine

Hello, I'm doing a small school project to design a program to use search if a word/words exist in text file(s) or not, using boolean text search query like fo...
[6 replies] Last: Wow, your answers are always come very fast and full of valuable detai... (by nebel)
Program excuting w/ no errors but ignoring code!

I'm starting a money conversion program. I first wanted to test the yen conversion, and glad I did. Right after i make my choice of yen it ignores my next lines...
[2 replies] Last: Thx Chervil[\b], I just started using literals, they seems more effic... (by ibdv4521)
Euclid's algorithm using functions

Hi, I'm supposed to create a function that will calculate the GCD of two integers using Euclid's algorithm. The program works, but it displays every value of th...
[1 reply] : I simplified your code. It didn't work. I rewrote it. It now works. ... (by Yay295)
Trying to loop a basic calculator

I'm a total beginner, so I thought : Hey, I should try and program a calculator, just for fun. After 1 hour of programming ( Yes, I'm THAT much of a beginner ) ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much, I will use that in the future. (by Djfabiokk)
by ntran
Struct and Class

Hi! Can someone point out in which case i should use a struct in side a class? Because, as far as I understand, they (struct and class) are more or less the...
[4 replies] Last: Ya your right, thanks for clearing that up. I have been learning C lat... (by Gkneeus)
Solved (1,2)

Edit: Solved
[22 replies] Last: Why remove your posts? This thread could have been helpful for someone... (by wildblue)
Ambiguous Overloaded Function

Calling swap(first, second) gives me an error: call of overloaded 'swap(double&, double&)' is ambiguous. I'm not sure how this call is ambiguous when first and ...
[3 replies] Last: Calling swap(first, second) (by informrefer)
by Yeech
Difficulty setting Loop condition and/or increment

Hello. I do not fully understand how to set the condition for loops and add the incremental values. Currently, my code reads 42. I need it to continue to 413. I...
[4 replies] Last: Chervil, thank you very much for the add some cout statements in... (by Yeech)
OOP Design help

Hi. I'm trying to rewrite a game i'm working on to be more object oriented in design. I'm wondering if i should write all the code in functions in the class, an...
[4 replies] Last: Well i was going to post what i came up with so far. It was more work ... (by zippo88)
by eltony
fact by elton

int maximum(int a,int b, int c, int d){ int max; if(a>b) max=a; if(b>a) max=b; if(c>max) max=c; if(d>max) max=d; return ...
[1 reply] : This code looks correct to me. Can you rephrase your question? Actua... (by dhayden)
by yepMe
Thinking in c++ chapter 8 : Constants confusion

Hi, I have started studying c++ from the book "thinking in c++" I am at the chapter no 8 now, this is the hardest to understand so far. I have many confusions....
[6 replies] Last: thanks a lot :) my doubt is clear now :) (by yepMe)
Please help!

Write your question here. _I'm trying to figure out how to do this. How would you go about and write pseudocode for this? I'm really new at this , I don't kno...
[1 reply] : I'd start by figuring out what data needs to be collected and what I n... (by wildblue)
Reading in a passage word by word from a text file

Hello, I have a question about how to read in word by word from a text file. I know that reading token by token separated by a space or newline character is sim...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you mate, you have cleared a lot of things up for me. I guess th... (by Bubiche)
Dynamic Memory Allocation deleting pointer!

Is this correct way freeing memory? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctime> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; const int size...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for your replay, I appreciate it! (by jakvrh1)
by Auroch
Maximal Coordinate searching

Hello everyone! I'm trying to write program with vectors and iterators. Coordinates X and Y are entered from keyboard (as structure) and placed in vector of poi...
[11 replies] Last: Now that you have solved it, try to guess what this does: auto maxbyx... (by keskiverto)
June 2014 Pages: 123456... 48
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.