Beginners - June 2014 (Page 2)

by adeab
Reading a file and manipulate in various ways

I have an assignment due tonight. i don't have any idea how to solve this :( need help. Here is the assignment: Problem statements: Stock exchange provides...
[1 reply] : I have an assignment due tonight. i don't have any idea how to solve ... (by cire)
Calculating average problem

Hello, i was required to make a program that will prompt the user to input 10 numbers and put it into an array and then calculate the average. It also needs to ...
[2 replies] Last: Ooh, such simple answer. Why i didn't think of that? Haha Thank you v... (by TedTheTeddyBear)
by vin
templates - don't know how to fix these errors

I'm trying to compile the VS 2008 plugin SDK for Metasequoia 3D modelling application in Code::Blocks with MingW. I had to rearrange code so class MQWidgetBa...
[3 replies] Last: Do you mean put class MQWidgetEventClosureBase in separate header and... (by coder777)
Basic encryption help

So I've been working on a mini project that turns a phrase into a binary Like sequence but it has some major issues though #include <iostream> #include <st...
[6 replies] Last: while (phrase == library ) { isn't what you think. You're using str... (by Sausage)
by Nezar
"make" error

Hi, i'm trying to use "make" to complie a file but i keep getting this error : error: invalid arguments "-std=c++11" not allowed with 'C/Objc' error: inval...
[2 replies] Last: you are compiling c sources, ¿why are you trying to define a c++ stan... (by ne555)
by mehak
gets()

the following code is a part of my program,here why is the compiler not waiting to get an input from gets()? #include <stdio.h> int main() { int n;...
[3 replies] Last: See http://c-faq.com/stdio/scanfinterlace.html (by JLBorges)
by Ganado
Best way to pass consts info to properties in class

So basically, I have a Game class. This Game class has const properties for the Screen Width/Height; One way of doing this is as follows: class Game { Game...
[3 replies] Last: @Need4Sleep Wow, that looks nice. It seems so simple but I never thoug... (by Ganado)
by tem14b
Errors with Xcode- help!

I have created this program which is supposed to give payroll for different positions. One problem I am having is the program should give a "TotalPay" when the ...
[3 replies] Last: Ignore him. If you are going to test to see if paycode is 'Q', you sho... (by BHX)
by Winter
My while loop doesn't stop, why?

A friend of mine tested this code and it works properly and also stops when it should. I'm using codeblocks with mingw. Could it be my compiler or does anyone k...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, rebuilding it worked. (by Winter)
by CDavis
Pass by Reference problem

I have an assignment that I know i'm close but i'm not sure what i'm missing. Let me know what you all think. Assignment: 3. Write a function called cube...
[6 replies] Last: @CDavis If this is a C++ file, I was wondering, do you have to use the... (by BHX)
Declare an array inside if statement

Hi, I'm writing a program right now but, I'm stuck at declare a variable inside if statement. My code looks like this char x ; Int y; for(;;){ ci...
[12 replies] Last: You would be short 1 character; 0-8, rather than 0-9. And your point... (by jlb)
Limiting user inputs for entering minutes in a billing type format

I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried googling an answer and came up dry. Also when I used the search box in this forum it took me out of the foru...
[6 replies] Last: You would assign this value (multiplied by 100) to an int that would g... (by jlb)
Visual Studio 2013 "no include path set"

I downloaded Visual Studio 2013 express today; it seemed to install OK. Come to compile a module and received "no include path set" error, terminating compi...
[1 reply] : One must execute "vcvars32.bat" from the .\bin directory. Info provid... (by Ortndal)
by Niely
socket.h library not found

Hello Well, I already browsed cplusplus.com sometimes, and it seemed to be a really good forum to ask C++ related questions. :) Anyway, my first question: ...
[4 replies] Last: Okay, I'll do that one then! ;) Thanks for all your help and extremely... (by Niely)
by q139
Filtering characters out of string

Hello, i am using visaul c++ 2010 please help how to get specified character from String^ "1545+2-33" for example second character 5 is needed for further i...
[1 reply] : First of all, this is not C++. This is C++/CLI, Microsoft language wit... (by MiiNiPaa)
Error

I am trying to make a program that can do 3 different function(info, calculator, and timer). Info and timer seem to be working fine but calculator is doing the ...
[5 replies] Last: Line 22 is wrong. You are adding when you mean to multiply. Regarding... (by dhayden)
Help Understanding Headers

Hello! I have some programming experience in other languages so I understand how importing classes works. The #include statement takes care of that in C++. How...
[4 replies] Last: I think I get it now. Thanks people! (by TheFunk)
by prvn20
Guessing Game

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <string> #include <istream> using namespace std; const int MAX_TRIES=5; int letterFill (char ...
[10 replies] Last: no problem ganado ;) (by Little Bobby Tables)
Undefined Reference to 'Function'

Help! Whenever I try to Build and Run this code in C::B, it gives me an error called Undefined Reference to 'levelOne()': main.cpp: #include <iostream> #...
[8 replies] Last: Do I have to do this every time i want to create another cpp file Y... (by jlb)
Error - "Lvalue required"

I want to get help with this program, it gives an error - "Lvalue required". What does it mean and how to remove it? Thanks in advance:) #include <include....
[10 replies] Last: It will be difficult to learn C++ using such an outdated compiler. So... (by Chervil)
June 2014 Pages: 1234... 48
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.