Beginners - June 2014 (Page 3)

What's really QT?

Hi. So, I've been playing around with some QT tutorials and I think it's a nice GUI engine, but I noticed that there are many more things to it: threads, file ...
[3 replies] Last: I see. Thanks! (by Northern)
Reading a text file

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I challenge getting my code to read text file located on the desktop. When I ran this code, a fatal error message sho...
[16 replies] Last: Thanks Salman0349. The problem has been solved. The code was optimized... (by ugonna2014)
Consol display problem!

So It says; Write a function that builds the multiplication table of arbitrary dimensions In CodeBlocks consol It will display properly, but in Microsoft Visua...
[3 replies] Last: so i used \n and now it looks perfectly fine. Thanks for replay! (by jakvrh1)
by Ganado
Checking file exists through fstream

Was doing some more file stuff, and before I go too deep into all the stuff I'm planning... Is this method of checking for a file's existence platform independ...
[6 replies] Last: @ jib thanks for correcting me. I remembered some other funny things... (by MiiNiPaa)
Obtaining the right data from a .txt file (1,2)

Hello all, I am trying to create a useful program for myself that can calculate the overall team score in a student organization I am in (there are many ...
[24 replies] Last: When I do that, it just repeats the same school result over again...ho... (by Osceola)
Code not fast enough (1,2)

Hi, I've recently started practicing on CodeChef and all my submissions fail, saying "Time limit exceeded". With all my submissions I'm over by just 0.1 sec, ca...
[25 replies] Last: I think it is because the "bIsPrimes" array is too large. Yes. it is ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Timer

I was trying to make a basic timer. It looked okay in theroy but when I ran it the hours went up at the speed the milliseconds should have. Why is it doing this...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, what a stupid mistake. (by Mstoltz17)
What is the fault in the following code plz help me soon thank U!

Write your question here. #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> /*Function Prototype*/ int counting(int b ,int,int); /*Main Method*/ int main (void) {...
[4 replies] Last: i am using turbo c++ (by maher123)
Member Initilize List

I have a question, about the member initiziler list. I want to know if you can use the member initilizer list with a function? Or if its only able to be used wi...
[3 replies] Last: Then in your constructor you'll probably need to use the Point constru... (by jlb)
C++ Text Based RPG code HELP!

Hello Everyone! This is my first post on this forums. I would really like someone to tell me what the hell is wrong. This is just a starting TEXT RPG game and i...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys :) I removed the semicolon at the end of line 92 and added... (by Wulfinite)
by judo11
How to create a C++ program that searches the value of an array? Using sequential search.

This is a binary search and I want it to change it into sequential search of an array. So how can I change it? #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[1 reply] : Just loop through the array index 1 by 1 checking against the target ... (by Codermik)
by akif13
Stack and Queue

Can someone explain to me about this coding? I'm confused when user input 24, 64, 22, 7, 13. The correct output I should get is: Output: Queue Element=...
[1 reply] : [quoteCan someone explain to me about this coding? I'm confused when u... (by jlb)
problem with creating a sum of equation

hi, im kinda new to c++ and well programming languages all together as this is my first to learn and only just started learning about 2 days ago. I started to c...
[4 replies] Last: thank you! (by aizlewood40)
Simple Question in C++

In below program, I am assigning the float value to an integer variable, WHy the error is not coming?? Program is running without any errors WHY??? #include...
[4 replies] Last: notice that it only print out 3 not 3.2 because, Of course, you ca... (by xenovia12)
enums and array

is enums and array are the same? or should i really need those 2 in c++?
[3 replies] Last: the idea behind an array is to hold multiple values. in c++ unless you... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Default arguments and function overloading.

Hey guys, I need a little advice on this exercise I have to do, it says that "I must create a function that asks the user for a number, and then returns that...
[5 replies] Last: I can confirm that both should be within the same program. How cryptic... (by Sausage)
Linked List issue

hello . am trying to write a linked list but smth is wrong the main.cpp doesn't compile can anybody help me ? //.h file #include <assert.h> #include <st...
[2 replies] Last: I get an error message saying " in file included from main.cpp" (by nancy mitchelle)
Linked List and Queue Problem w/ (Possibly) a Continue Statement

So I have a program that has linked lists and queue. In the text file the S is a sale, the P a promotion and R a receipt. What I want my program to do is to ins...
[6 replies] Last: So I took out the continue statement because it just wasn't working. I... (by Gawaine)
by gingy
Difficulty Accessing Functions from A Class File

Everything I've looked up on accessing functions from a class only shows how to access a class inside the same .cpp file. The only thing I was able to find rega...
[12 replies] Last: Okay, here's what they look like now: main.cpp #include <iostream>... (by gingy)
Use of PutPixel

Hi, I looked around and couldn't find an answer to my question anywhere, so here I am! I'm wondering, what exactly is PutPixel good for? When, where, and why...
[1 reply] : Maybe I should rephrase.... I have been using a "gfx.PutPixel" functi... (by turtlesavage)
June 2014 Pages: 12345... 48
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.