Beginners - June 2016 (Page 2)

Help with basic array

Problem is to search array for exact match. I have my code and it appears to work, the only problem is my output prints 11 times and for the life of me I can't...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the comment...I have submitted not happy with results. Goi... (by weyekin03)
by Laskio
Best way to learn for beginners with no coding experience?

So far I have started to use the Sol Learn C++ guide and I wanted to know if anyone else has used this and if it will help jumpstart me into learning how to be ...
[10 replies] Last: You couldn't go too wrong with the creator of C++, Bjarne Stroustrup, ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
cryengine c++ tutorials

What are the best resources for beginners to learn CryEngine & code in cpp. Also is C++ primary coding lang in CryEngine. I heard Lua is also there?
[1 reply] : I don't know much about CryEngine, but I have seen a lot of people get... (by UchihaKite)
Performance issue when trying to find Palindromic Primes

I am trying to find a way to make the function pn_pal() to work faster, currently it takes a long time to find the highest palindromic prime when the number is ...
[2 replies] Last: > currently it takes a long time ¿how much is a long time? ¿what imp... (by ne555)
Can't run this program

It's the solution of the exercise given in the book. I get these errors: - subscript requires array or pointer type - error C2056: illegal expression - er...
[1 reply] : line 5: missing closing bracket, it should be char digits = //... ... (by ne555)
Define and implement the class array.

PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS. THANKS :) Define and implement the class array representing an array of real numbers with the following public methods: ...
[8 replies] Last: THANK VERY MUCH AbstractionAnon. i have done all, but i still have so... (by amazingdestroyer)
strcmp

So i have a simple question. Basically im trying to understand the following code. if (!strcmp ( str1, str2 ) ) Does this mean that if the two strings are th...
[1 reply] : Yes. strcmp returns 0 if the two strings are the same. if (! 0) exec... (by AbstractionAnon)
Capitalizing first letter of every word in a sentence

I know this forum may be encounter this age old problem several times, but I just want to understand how to properly execute the code required to accomplish thi...
[12 replies] Last: kemort, thanks! This is on point, since it's basically one line of cod... (by gideonb)
Properties of word/Excel document

How can I access property of word/Excel file using c++ code. I have a requirement to check below property 1) Track changes is ON/OFF. 2) Document have co...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Thomas, This will surely help me in learning Excel Automation u... (by arvindkits)
Trying to compare strings using If Else

Hi, I am a novice trying to learn more about c++. I really like text RPGS and I want to try and make one. I am trying to create a section in the game where it a...
[7 replies] Last: Hello everyone, thank you for your responses. I have been reading thro... (by gazalle2016)
Object oriented programming adventure game

I'm trying to build an adventure game using object oriented programming and have hit a wall; I have gotten classes to declare attacks and their values, but I c...
[5 replies] Last: if I use 1+ rand()%50 as AttackPower, it returns 'rand' was not defin... (by AbstractionAnon)
Operator ->

What means the operator -> in C++? Thanks for the help.
[4 replies] Last: Several examples here: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/structur... (by AbstractionAnon)
Hello

Hi, I am new in Programming and I wrote this simple C program, This program get executed but I was wondering why I cannot get 70 in output. Thank you in advance...
[12 replies] Last: Hemanti123 bool is designed to have only two values, true or false,... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
don't know why it is not running

I am trying to use structures while getting the grades of students and stating the number of students that passed a particular score after accepting a certain n...
[3 replies] Last: I hope this helps #include <iostream> using namespace std; struct ... (by brown ogum)
Typing Quiz

Write your question here. I am recently trying to create a program that requires this: The user is required to type in list of at least 5 animals. The prog...
[8 replies] Last: So my final code looked like this: #include <iostream> #include <cst... (by CelestialX)
Homework Issues

I am a beginner, preparing for midterm. Doing my own practice problems. Problem is Allow users to continuously enter numbers until they enter 0 then display t...
[5 replies] Last: And that can be taken one step further: #include <iostream> using na... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by Jiw0on
Debugging Error

Hi there again! I have been learning c++ using addison wesley programming principles and practices using c++ 2nd edition. Below is a code i came up real quick u...
[4 replies] Last: Gotya, this gives me a good fundamental idea of exception handlers. Th... (by Jiw0on)
Copy Assignment Operator

I'm reading C++ Primer and grinding through the section on copy constructors. I looked up the solution to one of the problems, but I don't quite understand why ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. I ended up reading several more pages into the book and it exp... (by closed account Sw07fSEw)
Need help with consecutive numbers

Okay so I've been practicing the for loop lately and I found this program that I just can't seem to understand. Here it is: For an entered number, find all co...
[12 replies] Last: What do you use in place of limit? This is something a bit different:... (by keskiverto)
How to sum partial residuals ?

Please see the link below which has the equation. http://i.imgur.com/2st6U9Zl.png Can anyone help explain this equation to me ? Thanks
[no replies]
June 2016 Pages: 1234... 25
  Archived months: [may2016] [jul2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.