Beginners - March 2013 (Page 12)

Problem in template class!!

Hi, I have problems on my template class. I am trying to make bag class that store 10 items by using template. I have read my data structure text book and fol...
[11 replies] Last: Well, obviously. In-line files are " #included " by headers anyway -- ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
numbers to words - criticize my code

Hello, our teacher has given us the task of writing a program that converts numbers to words. Here is my approach: #include <iostream> #include <s...
[3 replies] Last: @Nolan: We didnt get around to switch/case stuff yet, i believe thats ... (by Fauch911)
by suraya
trouble knowing the problem in my code

hey guys, i wrote this code this is part of it: int da_getElement (int * a, int n, int i){ int j=0; if (i<=n){ while (j<(n-1)){ a=a+j; if (a=...
[9 replies] Last: thank you :) (by suraya)
Leap Year Program Help

Hello, I've been having some trouble for my class assignment. I'm supposed to input a year and then it will output if the year is a leap-year or not. A year w...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys so much for the help. I'm positive I can rewrite the code ... (by Kendawg)
Compile problems

Hi everyone . This is my first post at this forum hell yeah :D So , I have windows 8 os installed since 3-4 days and i haven't compiled no one project . For ex...
[5 replies] Last: The problem is that you shall always include those headers where funct... (by vlad from moscow)
MySQL basic questions

Hi! Starting to map out a server for a game that will communicate with a MySQL database to store all the data. So the questions: 1. How will the code...
[1 reply] : So... is it the wrong forum, bad question or no good answer that stops... (by Jonas Wingren)
switch going through every case, even with return 0;

Ok so I have animal set as a char that the user inputs, and petWeight set as an int that the user also inputs. If the petWeight is above what is specified in th...
[3 replies] Last: Oh wow I figured it out! case 'D': case 'd': if(petWeight >= 20... (by Dan7Gray)
help needed for ipo chart

hi there. can anyone help me with the ipo chart? I have the pseudocode with me. Its due in 2 days. Help needed asap :(
[no replies]
Reading a line from a file

I have a text file "weblog.txt". I need to display each line individually and store the lines in a vector of strings. I know how to open the file, but I was won...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <vector> #include <st... (by LB)
Retrieving data program

OK so i have tried to figure out what is wrong with this program i did at least 2 hours of research and couldnt find anything. it is a pretty basic program. I h...
[5 replies] Last: Replace this: do { infile>>name; if (!infile.eof() ) { infile.ignore(... (by Chervil)
complexity Big O

just make sure answer correct.. (i) n2 + 6n + 4 (ii) 5n3 + 2n + 8 (iii) (n2 + 1) (3n + 5) (iv) 5(6n + 4) (v) 4n log2n + 3n + 8 answer : i.)O(n^2) ...
[15 replies] Last: Yes, I have: http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/ Online version (slig... (by MiiNiPaa)
how to get MAC address of another computer and display in a listbox? (1,2,3)

I have a client server program using UPD created in MFC. In the server there are two listboxes. The first one displays the ip addresses of the connected clients...
[54 replies] Last: can you show me some code to do that? (by beginner123)
by krutuk
Problem with a program

Hi everybody! I need somebody's help. I have a segmentation fault in this program and don't know how to fix it. Please, help! Here is a code: #include <iostrea...
[5 replies] Last: Chervil, thanks. You helped me very much. (by krutuk)
by fg109
is this a bug with my IDE?

This compiles: class myclass { private: int number; public: myclass(int x) : number(x) {}; int value() {return number;} }; myclass t...
[4 replies] Last: > I will read up on this. http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/const... (by JLBorges)
Evaluate sigma question data

s = sigma ( i / 4^i ) for i = 0 to infinite s = 1/4 + 2/4^2 + 3/4^3 + ... (1) 4s = 1 + 2/4 + 3/4^2 + ... (2) Subtract the second from the...
[3 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometric_series#Sum Formula: a/(1 − r... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Anshh
can anybody explain complete execution of cout statement ?

cout<<"Hello world"; how this gets executed.what is cout and << and what these do ?
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by Anshh)
by Anshh
int main() return valueof type int to ??

main() return value to whom ?
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by Anshh)
Setting a pointer to another object in the class

Generally speaking, how would I set a pointer to another object in the same class? For example, say I was building a class called "Team." After I create objects...
[3 replies] Last: You're missing the static keyword on line 7. static means that i... (by AbstractionAnon)
Need help producing iterated .csv files with for loops.

Hello All, new member here. Been searching the forum for awhile, and though I'd get on board. Running Ubuntu 12.10 (if it's necessary information). The follow...
[5 replies] Last: Just qualify the filename portion of the filename just as you would an... (by AbstractionAnon)
by kw1991
need help changing my program into a windows service

i want to create a application that can run as a service and also another program that can communicate with it. Basically i want the program to send messages to...
[1 reply] : ok so i took some code from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wi... (by kw1991)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.