Beginners - May 2013 (Page 6)

by symbit
Good OOP book?

Since C++ supports multi-paradigm programming, with a primary one being OOP, I'm looking for a book that would teach what OOP is, its pros/cons, and how it coul...
[1 reply] : http://docs.eiffel.com/book/method/object-oriented-software-constructi... (by MiiNiPaa)
TC++ and VC++

Write your question here. What is the difference betwenn TC++ and VC++? And is there any difference in syntax?
[1 reply] : I believe you are referencing Turbo C++ and Visual C++ These are not l... (by MiiNiPaa)
Need Assisstance

I need to Know where can i learn filing in c++ easily for coding a Library management system in c++.
[no replies]
save every histogram of an image in text file format by pressing space

Hi guys, I want to save a histogram text file every time when i space space. i have say 5 images. i am showing the result of histogram after pressing the...
[4 replies] Last: turning to file formats , so you will be able to save image in file f... (by bmimage)
Declaring class without defining

I have 3 classes in header file. The code looks somewhat like below. there is no problem for func_b() since class A is above it in the file. But I cant make the...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you..!!! guess I should have tried that myself before posting he... (by Harish050887)
Can you find an error here?

Hi! Me again ( .)‿( .) Hopefully it's something more interesting this time. So I want to write the program that computes a delicious Pie via this "random" num...
[6 replies] Last: Ok I will keep that in mind. The place where i read that it was best t... (by Megakoresh)
can't use a defined variable as a function

I have to compute the area of a triangle. This is the code I am using. I am getting the error: `p' cannot be used as a function. My main is working, and I'm 99...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much. (by FailureToLogic)
Problem: A summation of two prompted numbers from the user

When I enter two numbers with the first one being smaller than the second the program functions correctly. When I enter two number with the first one being larg...
[5 replies] Last: Actually, there's an easier way. Remove lock, and replace the second i... (by Ispil)
Creating a storyline with multiple directions

So i want to create a storyline that goes different ways depending on your choices. I cant seem to get it quite right. When i script it to pick the second reac...
[7 replies] Last: For if statements, when there is one statement after, do this: if(e... (by arib510)
Multiplying a fraction of a number to a whole number

I am working on this basic project that is fairly easy when I do the math. But I can not figure out the code. for example I want to convert 50931 seconds to...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you both. I understand it perfectly now. ... (by sghamghamy)
2d array issue

Hi I am having this issue my code is this . #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int days =0; int a,b=0; int test ; float ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you, cant beleive I did that I hsould of known better lol it is ... (by science)
need help with loop error

Write your question here. My issue here is that after an user enters '0' for their second operand, the program outputs "division by zero is not possible" and a...
[15 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> #include <fs... (by Yanson)
Order of micro-instructions

I'm writing an assembly language simulator in C++ based on the tenenbaum architecture and I need to know the order in which micro-instructions execute since it'...
[no replies]
Ending a game

I followed the 3DBuzz tutorials to make a game, and want to make it to that if the character is dead or all the enemies are dead the game ends. So if isAlive...
[1 reply] : Did You Define Player? (by closed account jyU4izwU)
by sl227
please help with hw

here is my code ok so when I enter in 87 for all 3 grades and I mention that the person has perfect attendance, it curves the grade and gives him an A. But whe...
[5 replies] Last: Just wanted to know if you wanted the program to evaluate perfect atte... (by gobiking)
Homework Problem from C++ Primer Book

I am having trouble figuring this one out. The question from the book is the comment in the beginning. Please let me know if you see anything wrong. The compile...
[2 replies] Last: The issue you have with your program is a very minor one, probably jus... (by gobiking)
Simple Console Management

Absolute newbie question: I've just started learning C++, and i've gotten the hang of the basics now. However, i'd like to know how I can manage console I...
[1 reply] : Learn about WinAPI. It is basically how VS does it. Or use some consol... (by MiiNiPaa)
Got some problem with arrays!!!

hello guys can you help me out with this problem i mean why cant i use the function par in cout command???? #include<string> #include<iostream> using na...
[1 reply] : You're attempting to print out a void function, which is only going ... (by Need4Sleep)
Not printing .txt info

Write your question here. User.cpp #include "User.h" string User::getID(){ return iD; } void User::setID(string _ID) { iD = _ID; } st...
[3 replies] Last: It's working now. I was using the function get and ofcourse it wasnt r... (by Verance)
by SeBeQ
Pointers to local var - unclear effect

Hi everyone I typed example to learn: ... void replaceNumberAndPrint(int *x) { printf("%d\n", *x); } int * getInt() { int x = 5; return &x; } ...
[3 replies] Last: The behavior of that program is undefined (because it attempts to dere... (by Cubbi)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 66
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.