Beginners - November 2013 (Page 79)

Help with first text based game

Hi, I've just started a course in Computer Games Programming So far I've been doing fine but I ju...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1508490/how-can-i-erase-the-current... (by Pured)
Student statistics. How to read the middle intial of a student (1,2)

Prelimary rough draft of a code here that reads the first and the last name from a text file. Suppos...
[26 replies] Last: Before I start bugging you guys :D just one tiny concern please :) su... (by cire)
Incorrect Output

Hi, I have written this code to calculate theoretical clothing sizes according to the question in my...
[2 replies] Last: ((age - 30) / 10 > 0) and ((age - 28) / 2 > 0) Redundant. If the ... (by Pured)
Reading Text File

I'm having trouble reading a text file and putting the information on that text file into the consol...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include<fstream> using namespa... (by Pured)
by sig226
Trouble with arrays

I need to write a program that reads a file, then puts the information into an array. It must then c...
[3 replies] Last: void compute_max_min (int theData , int& dataSize, int& iCurrMin, int... (by Tiger58)
declaration int *arr;

Assume the declaration int *arr; Which declaration dynamically creates an array of 35 intege...
[no replies]
by Anna22
Random number for value in an equation

Hello, My code will compile, but will not populate the table, or it runs an infinite loop. This ...
[2 replies] Last: We got it! Excellent! Line 38: Using range seems a lot more straightf... (by Anna22)
Creating a thread with #include <thread>

Hi I want to create thread, but I always have some compiler errors. Please help me. I have a cla...
[8 replies] Last: However I get a runtime error now unless I call thread_bacteria_life.... (by Cubbi)
Im making a game (1,2)

let me just say that this is for a project so please dont outright hand me an answer. right now the...
[36 replies] Last: I've spotted another problem on lines 51,57, and 62. Where it says "in... (by CplusplusAcolyte)
Setting spaces with loops?

Hello there, I have a problem, I have been trying really hard to write the following program for my ...
[6 replies] Last: replace setw( steps * 5 ) with a for loop :P for( int i = 0; i < st... (by giblit)
Craps game of hell

I bet you guys have already seen this assignment around here: So here is the program statement (1)...
[5 replies] Last: @Last post: As Mats said, just remove the quotes. Line 43: This line ... (by TheDaemoness)
by wirowi
loops, loops, loops

It's supposed to find the numbers for which their digits' sum equals their digits' product. For exam...
[4 replies] Last: setw() is part of the C++ <iostream> library that allows you to fo... (by yulingo)
How can i convert this while statement to do while?

Write your question here. int number, product = 1, count = 0; cout << "Enter a whole number t...
[3 replies] Last: There's always the easy way, which involves copying the while loop int... (by CplusplusAcolyte)
While loop help

Ignore the extra things in the header, as this is only a fragment of my code. I am trying to create ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks much for the help :) (by bwilfong3)
Void return?

Hi, I'm trying to create a function that works in a way like a void, where you have to call it for i...
[4 replies] Last: EDIT: I should really read other replies..... yulingo just said the ... (by Disch)
bug in goto command

Hi everyone, when compiling my program, it works, but something is going wrong. Whenever it gets to...
[1 reply] : Three words: don't use gotos. -Albatross (by TheDaemoness)
Help with randomizing bunny program movements

Hi, I have been working on the bunny program excercise from forum topic http://www.cplusplus.com/...
[1 reply] : That was definitely a lot you asked us to do, BUT I did it anyway beca... (by TheDaemoness)
dangerous of code

what is the dangerous in this code? I'm talking here about pointers . #include <stdio.h> int...
[8 replies] Last: cire .. do u mean that when the SomeFunction returns , the variable n... (by cire)
Help Simulating Software buffer scenarios

Hi... So, I'm taking an Architecture & OS class and wasn't really prepared to do any programming for...
[no replies]
by Nebur
Trouble with a program! Help apreciated :)

Hey guys, I am having trouble doing the following program: Consider a sequence of words formed by...
[2 replies] Last: It worked! I have no words to describe how grateful I feel towards you... (by Nebur)
November 2013 Pages: 1... 7778798081
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.