Beginners - October 2012 (Page 76)

by skarla
2d game in c++

I want to make my own 2d game in c++. I know the basic of c++(pointers,vectors,etc...). So now what should learn?(opengl,aleggro,sfml,sdl,something else?) ...
[1 reply] : SFML has some good tutorials and documentation. That's a good one to ... (by Stewbond)
Client or server, which controls gameplay?

Hello. I've started on SFML and plan to make a simple multiplayer platformer. The problem is, I want to apply patches to the game when there's a bug, or when...
[1 reply] : Let's say that you are making a FPS. Your client would contain the l... (by Stewbond)
Credential Provider using opencv

Hi, I am working with credential provider using opencv. Display face logon before windows logon, for this wrote code in credential provider using opencv. I can...
[no replies]
Cannot figure out this error for the life of me

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I came here for help because I would really like to know why I have this particular error. I have literally spent hours try...
[1 reply] : what was happening was that after the user pressed return, the buffer ... (by pogrady)
Making a word guessing puzzle?

I am supposed to make a program that tells how many letters are in the word "hangman". And displays "You lose" after six wrong guesses and "You Win!" after gues...
[9 replies] Last: I tried adding that on to what I had and it worked. Thank You. (by Raverad21)
Problems with leap year loop.

I am supposed to make a program that shows all the leap years are between someone's birth year and the present time. With the current code, it starts at 824 no ...
[2 replies] Last: It worked! Thank you so much! (by Raverad21)
by icee3x
How should I create this while loop?

I already have a program that will generate random numbers and i already have a variable that generates random numbers between 1-100, which i named oracle. My p...
[1 reply] : bool bGuessed = false; do{ //bGuessed is true if the values match... (by pogrady)
How can you shoot projectiles in turbo C?

my teacher said that we need to make a "space invaders" like game on turbo c and i can't firgure it out how to manipulate the keys..what i've done so far is thi...
[no replies]
[HELP] random_shuffle with Deck

I am trying to made a card game... I want to use random_shuffle instead of rand() but i dont know how to do it. With rand() i did: number = ra...
[5 replies] Last: use bool a to record what card you choosed and if card is duolicate... (by amchinese)
console not displaying every character I type

I am inputting in the console but as I type the number I can only see the first character. If I typed 345 on the 3 would show in the console. The calculations a...
[12 replies] Last: Apple ? Well, they're not perfect either. lol (by soranz)
string input/output

#include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std; void string_permutation(std::string& x, std::string& permute) { if(x.empty()) ...
[6 replies] Last: Yes that is one option. // Option A: string input; getline( cin, in... (by Disch)
How do I end the program my way?

I'm supposed to make my program work in such a way so that, at the end, it pauses and asks for a key stroke to end the program. How do I do it? It's supposed...
[3 replies] Last: Hey, I was thinking something along the lines of this: string s; cin... (by soranz)
by Cynicc
Calculation inventory total from total values in a while loop

This is my assignment and I'm a bit stuck. Just need someone to point me in the right direction please. In this assignment, we're supposed to read data from not...
[2 replies] Last: you're awesome, thanks so much. Now I just have to worry about alignin... (by Cynicc)
by nawgee
Error c2678

Ok, so I have researched and researched and have been through my code dozens of times, and I can not seem to figure out why I keep getting: error C2678: bina...
[3 replies] Last: To use the operator, you must overload it for the specified type or de... (by TheJJJunk)
I need help with loops?

I need to add a loop, so that it when it finishes it will ask for a word again, until I type "End" #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <cstrin...
[1 reply] : while ( true ) { cout<<"Enter a word\n"; cin>>wordenter; cin... (by vlad from moscow)
can someone help me solve these please

Consider the code segment below: string myName; char yourName ; char teacherName ; strcat(yourName,"THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!"); //-| Writ...
[1 reply] : if variable yourName has no static storage duration then the code, tha... (by vlad from moscow)
error C4430?

//This adds all even numbers up 20 #include<iostream> using namespace std; main() { //Initializing Varibles long max_x; long x; long sum; // Defin...
[1 reply] : Yes because you did not explicitly state yor main function's return ty... (by Aceix)
while loop

question: Use a while loop to fill an array of the appropriate size and type with all the lowercase letters (a through z). i need to know how to do this for an...
[2 replies] Last: thank you!! (by farooroo)
Pick 23 toothpicks

The game of "23" is a two-player game that begins with a pile of 23 toothpicks. Players take turns, withdrawing 1, 2, or 3 toothpicks at a time. The player to...
[3 replies] Last: obviously unfinished, i just dont know what to do for the while loop (by nicksho)
confused about prototyping in header files

I'm trying to declare a class called account which privately holds the balance of a virtual account but has public classes which allow one to withdraw, deposit,...
[5 replies] Last: figured it out, thanks for helping pogrady (by nickcplusplus)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 7475767778... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.