Beginners - October 2012 (Page 77)

help please -Choose limit of an array

I'd like the user to be able to input a range for the array, I've made it able to be set to a high, but I don't know how to set the low i.e: right now you can...
[5 replies] Last: @jaded7 -Generate Numbers based off user input -Have them outputted i... (by facebookisgayyy)
by genzm
using 'this' as parameter (1,2)

Hi, I'm having a quite confusing error. I have class called Level. In this class I construct objects of the class Block. The constructor of Block looks like...
[28 replies] Last: I think I found a solution: I've created a new class called "LevelGene... (by genzm)
Sterling Function

Hey there! I'm a little stuck with a program. I was hoping i could get someone to look over the files and also help me understand the logic [3 files, 2 .cpp and...
[2 replies] Last: There is a prototype for print() in sterling.h. You just need to put t... (by Chervil)
finding the greatest and smallest number

/*Hi, i'm trying to find the maximum and minimum numbers in a list of 5 negative intergers. My program below can always find the minimum, but the maximum always...
[4 replies] Last: Oh, nice...I like the INT_MIN and INT_MAX method. Thanks (by luckypenguin)
How do you put the results of a loop into an array?

How do you put the results of a loop into an array? For example a for-loop. I came up with this but theres an error: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> u...
[3 replies] Last: You can either dynamically allocate an array when its size will be kno... (by vlad from moscow)
Scripts

Good Afternoon, We are a new Consultant Company. It is a team of 3. Our clients have given us the tast of rewritting a scripts. Now currently I have obtain a co...
[1 reply] : Welcome to the cplusplus.com forum! I'd just like to make two brief co... (by Albatross)
How to output contents of array

Hi, how do you with an iteration put the numbers into an array in order to print out the contents of the array? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> usin...
[5 replies] Last: Some basic understanding of arrays and indexes. when you want to cr... (by pogrady)
Max Number Problem

I wrote a min/max program differently this time using a string to number conversion just to try something different. Anyway, the sum & min statements appear to ...
[5 replies] Last: You're both right! I had them reversed. It works properly now! I need ... (by leftcoast)
Make it easy

Is there an easier way of doing this where I can seclude the const int s(10); part and still accomplish the same result? The task is to create a program with ...
[3 replies] Last: Does it have to be an int* pointer, and why is that? He's attemptin... (by cire)
by skarla
Sfml

I dont know how to set up sfml or if i should download something. There is anyone who can help me?>
[3 replies] Last: Basically, unzip the smfl-x.y-foo.zip you downloaded. (1) Includes Th... (by Duthomhas)
OT - Image tranparency the wrong color in SDL app

In my project, all my sprites have been downloaded from the same website. I have a black background in my SDL window. All the sprites have transparent backgro...
[3 replies] Last: A screenshot of the program is available at http://msulli1355.0fees.ne... (by msulli1355)
Template Argument error (likely simple)

Hello, I'm quite new to C++, but I have spent too much time "programming" in Mathematica (no scoffing too much, it's actually quite powerful for my purposes). ...
[13 replies] Last: I guess I was write when I said (likely simple) in the title. :-) It... (by alphanumeric)
C++ Video: Demystifying Operator new and Operator delete

This video explains how exactly operator new and operator delete works, and how to define your own operator new/delete when that's necessary. http://www.yout...
[no replies]
by errol
classes and header files

(Work has been removed for a higher purpose) Thanks you to everyone who helped!
[1 reply] : student stu = new student; looks like Java. In c++ we'd do this: ... (by Stewbond)
by jaded7
Where to now?

Hi, I'm currently a university student learning C++ among other things. I'm getting to the stage where I believe I'm sufficiently competent to start working ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, I'll have a look at the resources linked- will continue monito... (by jaded7)
Reading data from two text files

Hello! To start off with I am trying to pass a argument through the command line and look through two .text files. For example I would input a student number (...
[1 reply] : what if i did a #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <st... (by shrimpy)
by skarla
c++

I want to move up now so i want be able to make my own hacking tools. Where should go?(win32?) Do you have any good tutorial?
[5 replies] Last: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hacking-Exploitation-Book-Package-Edition/dp/1... (by Shinigami)
Iomanip setprecision question

My teacher marked me wrong for the following: cout << setprecision(2) << fixed << showpoint; As opposed to the 'correct' answer: cout << fixed << show...
[1 reply] : I also know the right thing as cout << setprecision(2) << fixed << sh... (by Aceix)
by eyali
Getting an object via GetMethod

Hi All I'm new to c++ and I'm reading c++ from several text books but I still can't figure out somting please help me :) say u have class A and class B th...
[4 replies] Last: O.K Thank u (by eyali)
help with strcpy()

Hi, i am trying to copy a peice of string into a string array for a project but it seems that something is wrong with strcpy() when i use it with an array. ...
[3 replies] Last: Only for the quarter-second it took you to mistype that one spot. It h... (by Duthomhas)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 7576777879... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.