Beginners - October 2012 (Page 74)

The for statement

Can someone help me do this question? "Write a for loop that computes the sum of the odd number from 1 to a maximum value entered by the user." please h...
[9 replies] Last: I got a perfect score That's only part of the job. The important par... (by Chervil)
by Yoda
Does this sites tut teach bad habits of C++?

Let me know if so I will start with some books such as. C++ primer 4th ed Programming Principle's and Pratice using using C++ Bjarne Stroustrup maybe m...
[2 replies] Last: "I won't say it's a terrible source of information, but it's not the g... (by Yoda)
Difficulty with Circular Queue?

See below. The following are functions I am to implement for a project. The prototypes and what not are all given in a testing function, along with a status che...
[no replies]
Pythagorean Triples program

So I have to write the classic "Pythagorean Triples" program that prints out all sets of pythagorean triples where no part of the triple is over 500 (that is, a...
[4 replies] Last: P.S. do you need "Pythagorean Triples" or "primitive Pythagorean tripl... (by Shinigami)
Can I add to an already defined dynamic array?

I created this sample code which takes an int value and creates a dynamic array of that size. I'm just wondering if its possible to add more indexes to the alre...
[2 replies] Last: Okay thanks! My question is in regards to a hw assignment where we're ... (by Hydrasin)
unions

can someone explain the allocation of memory for unions on a little endain and big endain processors
[9 replies] Last: @kbw Thans for providing me the above link.Than was some real stuff to... (by Pter0dactyl)
by kw1991
AVL Trees

I'm trying to create a program for AVL trees that will insert integers into the tree then print the contents of the tree but I am getting errors. Here is my cod...
[2 replies] Last: no I still get the same errors (by kw1991)
Array set to zero?

I am trying to set all the values within my array to zero, for some reason the last row of the array will not set to zero. Any ideas? #include <iostream> ...
[7 replies] Last: @gtkano TY Framework for pointing that out . Now I know that unsafe ... (by vlad from moscow)
by skarla
Opengl

Finally i will go with Opengl. So there is any tutorial? Should download something?
[4 replies] Last: Glut is a dead project, use freeglut http://freeglut.sourceforge.net/ ... (by Shinigami)
Printing the Object Killed by the Decontructor

Can I print to the console the address of the object that is being destroyed in the Deconstructor? for example how would I do this basic thing. CTest::~CTest(...
[4 replies] Last: I am really new to C++ so forgive my noobness. :) I just want to cou... (by Localguy65)
Fill my array (question)

I want the user to put ten numbers in a row to fill my array with values. Example: const int s(10); int v , i, value; for(i = 0; i < s; i++) { ...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { const int s... (by gtkano)
G.C.D

need some test cases. getting wrong answer!! http://ideone.com/Qmwxj http://www.codechef.com/problems/RECIPE/
[4 replies] Last: Test case: 1 2 2618 1365 Expected output: 374 195 Your output:... (by cire)
by UART
EXAMPLE: C++ Forms: Making openFileDialog & menuStrip work

Very simple: 1.Install Visual Studio 20XX 2.Select "C++" as the default 3.New > Form then name the project 4.Add stuff (menuStrip1, [file, edit, help] but...
[no replies]
by TAZ757
char input (+1)

what "+1" means in scanf("%s",a+1), when i read array of chars
[1 reply] : Who does read? Is it you who read? Ask yourself why are you using a + ... (by vlad from moscow)
What't the difference

What's the difference behind, output is the same. Here we have vec1, vec2, vec3. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Point { public: double x,...
[4 replies] Last: Here are good explanation about scoping https://www.youtube.com/watch?... (by Shinigami)
Long shot programming question

Good Morning, I want to start by throwing out that I only have a very intro level knowledge of microchip programming. I know this may not be the best place t...
[1 reply] : Well, figured out the issue. I guess I needed to blank the chip before... (by Userdenied)
Need help declaring a variable name

In this code i want to be able to input rusty knife or any other name i wish into the WeaponName variable and have it print out on the screen. I also do not wan...
[2 replies] Last: yup that fixed i feel dumb now lol i spent the past hour trying to fig... (by gamekiller29)
Increment Numbers

I want to increment a number prefixed with a zero. i.e. 0300453. I want to make a series of the number like 0300454, 0300455. The problem is, I can’t retain...
[2 replies] Last: 0300454 this is not a number it is string. Here are no number starting... (by Shinigami)
Reference

I am trying to learn how pointers work :) This code work's perfectly: #include <iostream> using namespace std; void offsetvector(double &x0, double &y0, dou...
[3 replies] Last: Writing this I actually figure it out that you cannot have 2 values i... (by Fransje)
Program error when i try to construct a triangle with two point objects

So my program is supposed to make two points(each with an x and y value that is inputed by the user), find a third point that would make a right triangle and pr...
[1 reply] : Triangle::Triangle(const Point& p1, const Point &p2) { pointOne =... (by cire)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 7273747576... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.