Beginners - October 2019 (Page 17)

How to get Average

how would i calculate the average and call getAverage() in main? i get that we need to get the mean of the user input ratedTerrible, //0 ratedBad, //25...
[4 replies] Last: Hello gongong, My apologies. When I say the (input.h) I missed the do... (by Handy Andy)
by EnzoC
Problems with two tic tac toe program

So i have to code a tic tac toe, and i'm having problems when i try to overwrite some of the char values in the matrix, for example, when i try to place an 'X' ...
[4 replies] Last: oh i was thinking that the array also started counting from 0, thank... (by MikeyBoy)
Month Class Somewhat Working

Hello lovelies, I am having trouble with my input() and output() member function. It doesn't output anything when I'm actually calling them inside main... ...
[2 replies] Last: hmmm that makes total sense!! I think that's the same issue I'm having... (by gongong)
HW Help for a beginner!

Write your question here. I'm having trouble producing this output. His solution is only 60 lines of code and he challenged us to complete it in fewer lines fo...
[11 replies] Last: Hello MrBaggins, I will start with the variables: int /*n{},*/ col{... (by Handy Andy)
is it possible if I scanf in agrc and agrv ?

#include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> int max(int n, int n2) { int a,b; if(n > n2) { b = n; } else { b = n2; } } int main (int argc, char *argv )...
[2 replies] Last: remember that the first location of argv are beyond your control, hold... (by jonnin)
Morgage Calculator???

The prompt is to create a morgage schedule for someone thinking of buying a new house. The inputs to determine a monthly schedule are the principal loan amount ...
[7 replies] Last: Hello bethmayweather, My apologies I thought I had said something abo... (by Handy Andy)
Can anybody help me out?

Below solution works fine.But when i use unordered map at e place of map it gives time limit exceed.Can anybody suggest me why it is like that? https://codef...
[3 replies] Last: Not easily. I would have to craft something that performs poorly in U... (by jonnin)
Looking for someone willing to help for beer money.

Im not a coder, just a regular advance computer user (good to search on google than the average person).I use emulators alot to play retro games, and im looking...
[5 replies] Last: I'll use the job sección instead ,thanks guys. (by abispac)
While Loop only run once

Hi everyone, I've been taking an intro course to programming. I'm stuck on this problem. The program is supposed to print out whatever from the local file and p...
[5 replies] Last: My understanding is the C++ runtime correctly deals with whatever line... (by Ganado)
by Horror
Text-Based Adventure Game In C++

I want to try to create a Text-based Adventure game in C++. Can anyone help me out with creating one?
[2 replies] Last: https://www.daniweb.com/programming/software-development/threads/90835... (by George P)
reverse array in functiuon

Anyone have an example of this? I am lost. A function which takes an array of strings and reverses the order of the array. You cannot calculate its value ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for all the input guys. I think I got an idea of what to do. (by Gerardo559)
by mrdik
fibonacci

Write your question here: why do I get negative numbers? #include <iostream> int main() { int num, first_number=0,second_number=1,next_number; std::cout<<"...
[2 replies] Last: Just to add a small note: As soon as your int values overflow, your pr... (by Ganado)
My output is wrong

Here is an even or odd program. I need to sum the even values up to 180 and odd values up to 160. Each time I run this program, the output is even = 8190 odd 64...
[2 replies] Last: 8190 looks correct to me. sum 2*i, i=0,i=90 https://www.wolframalpha.c... (by Ganado)
by wajna
Help needed with yearly interest calculation.

So I have a homework to do where I have to make a loop. The goal is to make the computer calculate how many years it will take me to reach my goal if I put lets...
[2 replies] Last: cout << "How much you want to save every year: \n"; cin >> nr1; cou... (by salem c)
I am having error 2660 and 2084

// Scholarships.cpp // This program tutorial demonstrates arrays using vectors // It also demonstrates file I/O techniques with vectors // and makin...
[16 replies] Last: If ever there was a counter example of "start small, compile often and... (by salem c)
[help] char [] and char *

I dont understand why my program 1 can't show : Hello World Can you help me explain? (I tried on cpp.sh and Repl.it) #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> ch...
[6 replies] Last: > as your comment, why do my example 2 print : "Hello" and "Hello Worl... (by salem c)
reading matrix from a file

So my lecturer gave me a a function to read a matrix from a file, but it is in C language, and I can't seem to change it to C++ language and get it to work, so ...
[15 replies] Last: If you are calculating something in the function and it needs to be se... (by lastchance)
Array/File Functions

Write a function named arrayToFile . The function should accept three arguments: the name of a file, a pointer to an int array, and the size of the array. The f...
[17 replies] Last: strlen() does not include the null-terminator, but requires a null-te... (by shoaib yehya)
C++ Freeglut Run-Time Check Failure #2 - S, Visual Studio C++

My game engine dies when i run my app. When i run app this message pops out:Run-Time Check Failure #2 - S when i click dismiss the app stops working. Here's...
[1 reply] : It sounds like Visual Studio is doing debug runtime checks. It might b... (by Ganado)
Binary Search issue

So my program is working how I want it to and all while using a linear search. But I'd like to use a binary search instead but it isn't working properly and I c...
[8 replies] Last: elements-by-abbreviation-and-atomic-weight.txt H 1.008 Li 6.94 ... (by Thomas Huxhorn)
October 2019 Pages: 1... 15161718
  Archived months: [sep2019] [nov2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.