Beginners - September 2017 (Page 20)

Easy to use GUI with graphical capabilities

Hi, I'm relatively new to C++ but learn best when I get stuck in beyond my depth, I'm looking to create an intuitive GUI into which I can place a graph which w...
[4 replies] Last: Been trying QT with its IDE for a bit but it doesn't like ANYTHING I'm... (by bakerw71)
Reading and writing to txt file from different cpp files.

I've created a cpp and header file called staff. Staff inputs closing and opening hours of a train station. While User can read them. Code below is Staff wr...
[8 replies] Last: Yes it is did not want to add them into a single question. Though that... (by GhettoBurger)
storing struct as an array of bytes?

Hi I'm trying to understand some code that I saw for the Arduino here: https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/EEPROMLoadAndSaveSettings It seems that you can ...
[5 replies] Last: thanks both, much appreciated (by rozick1)
Cannot read from a text file!

I've posted my code before but i'm still having problems. Well first the program does not read from the Store.txt file that holds the name and price of each ite...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry i'm new to c++. Would it be possible for you to correct my code ... (by ArchRon1n)
Simple If statement Issue

Hi there, I am having some trouble understanding why my program is not working here. I am trying to do some simple if statements here entering two numbers, but ...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int cool ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by Hanske
While loop with conditions

Hello, I've already did a couple searches on the forum but wasn't able to find a particular solution to my problem. The first while loop in my code should on...
[5 replies] Last: Yep! Exactly. Thanks for the help! (by Hanske)
by Reekoh
Help. Abort() has been called

Write your question here. Hi. I need pointers on what could be wrong with my damage calculations. everything compiles and runs good aside from the damage calcul...
[1 reply] : = is used for assigning values. If you want to compare equality you sh... (by Peter87)
by zxkun
prototype in my function is not declared

#include<iostream> #include<string> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int menu(int choice); int main() { menu(choice); do { switc...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> // #include <string> // ??? // #include <iomanip>... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Hash String During Compilation Time

I copy a code from stack over flow. its purpose is hash a string during compilation time. on visual studio 2015, when hash a long string, there is a long ...
[3 replies] Last: Many Thanks! (by Wu zhen hai)
Bool function to check if two arrays are identical

hello, I need to write a bool function that checks if two 1D arrays of equal length are identical. I've written a seemingly straightforward loop to check that, ...
[5 replies] Last: #include <algorithm> // http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/algorithm/e... (by JLBorges)
by Alu
Converting strings in a String Array into lowercase

Is there a way to convert strings inside an array into lowercase? So say I have an array like: String mainArray = {"Dog", "caT", "ElepHANT", "Hungry", "...
[1 reply] : When you aren't using straight C++ it is a good idea to also indicate ... (by Duthomhas)
Calculate position and angle

Hello everybody, I am self-teaching myself game physics and currently I am reading a book called "Mathematics and Physics for game programmers" and I am at chap...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you Jonnin :) (by MultiMedia)
recursive boost exception using io_service

I was expecting the code below to continue throwing an exception, since a call to the ios object is performed within the exception handling function thus makin...
[no replies]
I/O with files

Hello, geeks! I'm having a code that saves data of an object into a file looks like this... //This is player.cpp #include "main.cpp" using namespace std; ...
[4 replies] Last: Player.cpp #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <stdexcep... (by Enoizat)
Help my code stops at the end!

total rainfall Average Monthly Rain: The average monthly rain is total rain of 12 months then divided by 12. Average Monthly Average Temperature: The monthl...
[11 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/220758/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
how to think c++ output about this code

I can't understand the funz function, how I can think this code? i have only this idea: 12 is != 0 return is 12+funz(12,10) then x=12 y=10 10 is != 0 retu...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> int funz(int, int); int main() { std::cout ... (by JLBorges)
Overloading subscript operator

Hi, I would like to overload the subscript operator so that I can use tuples like an array e.g. mytuple ; Here is what I've coded, but I am new to using te...
[3 replies] Last: Another very similar approach. Wrote this out earlier today, but never... (by mbozzi)
student report card and ranking

hello everyone. i would like to ask all of you. is anyone know any source code that help the user to get a student result with their ranking automatically. if...
[2 replies] Last: thank you very much Handy Andy (by RTsuNa08)
by zxkun
struct not showing the right number

Hi, my struct : student .test is not showing the right result. here is my code: #include<iostream> #include<string> #include <iomanip> using namespace st...
[3 replies] Last: oh fixed, I think my IDE has some issue, it says can not open the file... (by zxkun)
September 2017 Pages: 1... 18192021
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.