General C++ Programming - April 2014 (Page 2)

program exits

I have a program that compiles, but immediately after it gets to a certain point it exits unexpectedly. Here is the program: //typedef int ValueType; //decla...
[13 replies] Last: 1) it is limits , not limiits 2) it is streamsize , not stream_si... (by MiiNiPaa)
Operator Overload Problem

I'm trying to come up with the union of two Vector ADT bags, so I have to overload the '+' operator, but I'm getting a bunch of error messages saying: VectorB...
[4 replies] Last: Similar to any other operator: template <typename T> class VectorBag... (by TwilightSpectre)
Should i use arrays here in my code? PLEASE HELP

Using (Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 6.0) software, write and run a program that uses the input file“input.txt” in the previous question to retrieve then int...
[9 replies] Last: IT WORKED!!! I forgot a number in the input file ops haha.. thank you... (by Chihaya)
Still need help with Class c++

Crashing after the whole program executes! Please help! main.cpp #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cstddef> #include <fstream> #includ...
[3 replies] Last: It is because of the delete in the destructors of tree on the nut arra... (by jmadsen)
What Specific Sound Libraries are out there??

Hi all Im looking for a sound library for the purpose of creating a sound and playing it through speakers ( a sound device ). I am currently programming in ...
[no replies]
by Dkob1
Lottery Simulator

I have to make a program that simulates a lottery. The program should have an array of 5 digits named winningdigits, a randomly generated number in the range of...
[no replies]
by MzDoll
Finding the sum of the third row in 2D arrays

Okay, so I am developing a program that does many things. One of the is finding the sum of the third row in an array. Here is my program #include <iostr...
[14 replies] Last: While that works, I think you are going about it the hard way. Each '... (by Duthomhas)
trying to get user input into an array

well i hope someone can help, i have written a program and i had to pass an array into a function and now i have a variable for the subscript of the array and i...
[5 replies] Last: Example of getline: int addFunc(const int totNum, string city ,string... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
problem with link list

The question is as follows: Given a linked list of the following nodes: struct Node { char item; Node *pNext; }; Define a function that inputs the h...
[1 reply] : You are asked to search a previously set up list. So you shouldn't be... (by kbw)
Help with counting Characters !

Hi I'm working on a program that determine the number of Characters, Operators, Uppercase letters, and Numerical digits. The following code seems correct to me ...
[5 replies] Last: Hint: Added a few more text(s): else if (text =='+' || text == '-' |... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Boolean and flags

In my program for one procedure I am reading in the colors for resistance bands then setting them to true if they're being used. In another procedure I need to...
[no replies]
by jhasz
Hangman game - string subscript out of range

Hi, I'm working on a hangman game as my final project for a c++ class. The program gets a random answer string from a list of words; here is the code at the beg...
[2 replies] Last: thank you, i ended up solving the problem - had to do with my getNextW... (by jhasz)
açıklamalı

#include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <complex> using namespace std; complex<double> integral(complex<double> min,complex<doubl...
[1 reply] : #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <... (by giblit)
2D array via malloc with two indices and one free()?

Hi, I just had an interview where I think a question asked of me was simply impossible, but I just wanted to double check. Basically, I was asked to write...
[1 reply] : I can get this to work, but is it reliable? int**alloc2DMatrixVia1D(... (by smcguffee)
by HenryJ
Breadcrumb arrays

Hi guys I am working on a project and I need to know how to make breadcrumb arrays for webpages using C++ and HTML. Could someone find me a good tutorial ...
[no replies]
any personal tutors??

Hi all, I have been trying to find a person that I can contact for questions about C++ and C# programming. I am much more comfortable learning from a one on one...
[2 replies] Last: I just saw that there were some in that section! thanks, I should have... (by rikd1977)
Weirdest bug I've ever run into.

I have a resource manager that holds a vector of pointers to texture objects. I created a texture somewhere else on the heap, and somehow its pointer is in th...
[9 replies] Last: @LB I'm not passing pointers by reference literally anywhere in the e... (by Austin J)
Overloading Arithmetic Operators, Relational Operators, and Stream Extraction and Insertion Operators

How would I go about solving a - i? Thank you for your time guys! #include <iostream> using namespace std; class dateType { private: int day;...
[no replies]
I think my code::blocks compiler is messed up...

Here is my code. It is a very simple input two numbers and have them added together. My problem is that when I enter in numbers the output is always some crazy ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you a lot. I can't believe I made that stupid mistake. I starte... (by howellj8)
C++ IDE

I am using Mac OSX and I have been using Xcode and I HATE it. I need help finding a new IDE. I want it also to be a compiler and have OpenGL support. Thanks!
[15 replies] Last: thats what i do. i love having my own tool set instead of an ide (by Little Bobby Tables)
April 2014 Pages: 1234... 41
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.