General C++ Programming - April 2019 (Page 2)

by Mu77
The fstream open() does not create a file

I am trying to write in a file using this code in visual studio 2017: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main...
[6 replies] Last: errno is what you use for rich errors that C++ stream errorbits can't ... (by poteto)
Brainteaser anybody? (1,2)

Question : are there C++ techniques that work for following brain-twister? Short : extract how is the HP-10C ROM encrypted in from https://www.swissm...
[32 replies] Last: I'm more inclined to i. The result is the same ;) (by MikeStgt)
Program needs to sort test scores in order from highest to lowest.

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; void sortArray(double *, string *, string *, int); double getAverage(double *,...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not sure what you mean by "regular" scores. However, given the co... (by doug4)
by atatat
Looking for cross-platform IPC

I'm looking for cross-platform Interprocess Communication library. Currently I'm using Boost Interprocess, but it is too plain, only send and receive. I need ...
[2 replies] Last: I would avoided sockets, overkill and too slow for IPC on the localhos... (by atatat)
by jony11
Files

please who can help me write a program,which allow to carry out the following actions with files *To look through contents of disks in catalogues *To receiv...
[2 replies] Last: look up #include <fsteam> it might help you. (by Grand Master stickshift)
by zak100
converting File statements of C++ to C language

Hi, I have following C++ statements: ifstream inFile; inFile >> num_rows; file_buffer.resize(num_rows); I have converted them into C: v...
[4 replies] Last: vector<double> file_buffer; is double *file_buffer; ..blah blah it g... (by jonnin)
Unknown error(Exception thrown)

infile.get(ch2); while (ch2 != '\n') { if (ch2 >= '0' && ch2 <= '9') { books .ISBN += ch2; infile.get(ch2); } else infile.get(ch2...
[1 reply] : @Travisboy, I suggest that you go back and re-think your post. Please... (by lastchance)
How can I convert my Array (Identification users [20]) into a Vector

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <conio.h> #include <cstdlib> #include <vector> using namespace std; void savePeople(); void requireEn...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much!! (by tmcmillan2)
by PCP63
Creating Android Lock Screen App?

Never created an app before, and pretty new to C++, but it's an app I want to make as soon as possible. Basically, an app that acts as your lock screen, and won...
[2 replies] Last: I dunno. I don't know the first thing about Java, I know you can use C... (by PCP63)
Entering answers into the array

In the following code I'm suppose to display 2 students information. Their names and 10 answers for a test. Alan Baker a,b,b,d,c,a,d,b,d,d Rodney Bill b,c,d,a,b...
[2 replies] Last: A few things wrong here. First off, your array starts from 0, so you c... (by zapshe)
by beccad
I am having trouble with creating this program, could someone please assist me with this project.

Write a C++ program to display the following menu: Bank of America 1. Add Account 2. View Account 3. Delete Account 4. View All Account 5. Deposit Amount...
[5 replies] Last: ok. I see this: 1. Add Account 2. View Account 3. Delete Account 4. ... (by jonnin)
TCP socket / LAN connection.

Hi all, I need some help me and my classmate are trying to do a little "Game" to play in LAN. I have searched on internet a lot, but I have find nothing helpful...
[5 replies] Last: any examples not talking to itself (same computer via localhost ports... (by MikeStgt)
Printing image using readimagefile, graphics.h

I am trying to print an image in c++, but I can't get it to work. Please tell me what am I missing. Where do I put my image file? error message: ld returned...
[2 replies] Last: @ salem c There are more than a few modern variants of the old Borlan... (by Duthomhas)
I keep getting the error messages like uresolved external symbol "int_cdecl rand_int(int,int)"

Prompt is to create a menu driven function where the user can choose from making a square or generating lottery numbers or exit the program #include <iostream>...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, Peter87 - invaluable, as usual! (by Enoizat)
errors when depositing money

Making a bank account program, and it seems to error up when I enter the account number after making a new account and then try to deposit. #include<iostre...
[4 replies] Last: why is its out of bounds. you add an account, its account zero in the... (by jonnin)
by miawn1
Reading large.txt file (8192x8192) using fstream -- stack overflow

Hello, This is my first everpost here, as i am bit new to C++ and stuck in the code. I am trying to read big .txt file which is giving erors. Firstly the co...
[2 replies] Last: you can increase the stack size on your program in the compiler settin... (by jonnin)
by zak100
(C++MPI )error: reference to ‘rank’ is ambiguous

Hi, I am trying to compile a MPI C++ Code: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <mpi.h> #include <ctime> #include <vector> using name...
[5 replies] Last: Most problems will go away when you stop using rank and size as global... (by lastchance)
by urfa2
Similar to boggle game

Need help to edit this code to allow user to find words in the grid that are touching horizontally, vertically, and diagonally adjacent. For example, the board:...
[4 replies] Last: yes, you can :) I am unsure if its the best way, but you certainly ca... (by jonnin)
Cannot find or open the PDB file error

The following code runs nicely, however after running the program i receive the error: 'ConsoleApplication55.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll...
[2 replies] Last: That's not an error, it's just letting you know it can't find the debu... (by helios)
c\c++: how can i test if the file is used on another program? (1,2)

i know the file name and folder, but how can i test if is open or used on another program\process?
[29 replies] Last: until here works fine... like i need. and i learned more about what i ... (by Cambalinho)
April 2019 Pages: 1234... 9
  Archived months: [mar2019] [may2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.