General C++ Programming - August 2016 (Page 4)

RE: List Of Way To Get Total Memory On Each Kind Of Computer

This forum is a continuation of http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/190436/ The biggest problem thou was a miscommunication of what I meant because I don't...
[8 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/190436/#msg927785 pointer compr... (by helios)
Sum Recursion function with linked list

So I'm studying and practicing for a placement exam and was given a few example programs. One of the programs had two parts, one is to create a linked list. The...
[1 reply] : > void sum(); as a start int sum(); > Some pseudo code would be ... (by ne555)
Header file: string is not declared

This is my first shot at using a header file and linking it to other projects, so bare with me, this whole thing is probably full of a ton of issues.. But I can...
[6 replies] Last: line 5 in employee.cpp : Initialize class members from constructor a... (by JLBorges)
by ultin
comparisons using the binary search and sequential search algorithms

Hi guys can you please help me with the code that emplements the solution of the question below. thatnk you in advance for your Write a program to find t...
[1 reply] : Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewor... (by keskiverto)
How to find missing side on a right angle triangle. (NEED HELP WITH CODE, CODE NOT WORKING PROPERLY)

// Calculating the missing side of a triangle by Zachary Wilczak #include <iostream> #include <math.h> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main...
[7 replies] Last: :) (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Invalid parameter passed in assignment operator?

Hello, When this code executes it is throwing an error stating "An invalid parameter was passed to a function that considers invalid parameters fatal." What cou...
[6 replies] Last: > But I am passing in the exact argument it asks for! (Vector2f) faili... (by ne555)
How to install std:: ostream to render contents

Those libraries are not meant for rendering text. They are meant to handle input/output. If you wish to render text in OpenGL, you will have to use OpenGL to d...
[no replies]
How to pass 2 sets of variadic templates?

Hi, I have a template struct that I need to pass two compile time lists of types. How can this be done? I have variadic templates but how can we separate the 2...
[2 replies] Last: Certainly! Well I need to pass a type that is to be transformed by ty... (by JUAN DENT)
Reading and printing accented characters

Hey guys! I am writing a program that reads a text file which has some accented characters sprinkled across it. I was able to successfully read and display the...
[16 replies] Last: Cubbi's code doesn't have any special characters, it just reads data f... (by helios)
by ZimCa
I need help

how to do this #include <iostream> using namespace std; class B { public: double Pos; double Size; double x; }; B b1; int main() { ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks:) (by ZimCa)
beginner c++ array == 0 ?

hi, do you guys know how to set a loop for condition where it stops when all the array = 0 ? i tried something like this but it only works for i times.. not un...
[3 replies] Last: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/algorithm/all_any_none_of (by ne555)
Losing precision in string to double conversion

Hello, I have a problem with string to int, atof() to be precise. It doesn't happen every time, but sometimes it rounds up numbers. Here is the problem str...
[2 replies] Last: Of course. I don't know how I could have missed it. Thank you DHayden! (by rorschach14)
by ZimCa
Collision

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class Box { public: double Position; // Length of a box double Size;// Breadth of a box }; Box box...
[2 replies] Last: Please don't create duplicate threads for the same question. It waste... (by MikeyBoy)
by badai
Need Help with Source Code of Proggraming

Hello Everyone. Please help me to get source how this program written. I can't see how it flow, only #&^@ showed ,, https://www.dropbox.com/s/weurzi3nmkbf...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, we could reverse engineer the code, but it likely is complex sinc... (by dhayden)
return a = 1 if list is a part of array else 0

I have stored values in array. Function 1 array stores the Id. Once this function stored all the value, I want to call this array to check whether a list is a p...
[14 replies] Last: Forget about int main() because every program must have it and only on... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Blackberry Phones

im reporting that's advertising
[no replies]
How do I get the address of an overloaded function?

#include <iostream> int inc(int i) { return ++i; } void inc(int& i) { ++i; } int main() { // should print the address of function inc( int) ...
[15 replies] Last: > How do I get the address of an overloaded function? Using a type al... (by JLBorges)
Recursive function "slow" (sqrt)

Hey guys, In order to learn working with recursive functions, I pogrammed a fcn that approximates the sqrt. For sqrt(5,20) --> means calculate sqrt(5) in ...
[9 replies] Last: > May I ask you in which projects you are involved with your qualifica... (by JLBorges)
why say 'exchange' is a 'read-modify-write' operation?

why say 'exchange' is a 'read-modify-write' operation?
[1 reply] : The entire operation is atomic (an atomic read-modify-write operation... (by kevinkjt2000)
Input function from other file

Hello everyone, i just want to ask that if i read a function from a c file(input file) using Input/output with files and want to use this function in my code at...
[1 reply] : Your program would need to include a C compiler. The Clang sources inc... (by helios)
August 2016 Pages: 123456... 12
  Archived months: [jul2016] [sep2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.