General C++ Programming - August 2016 (Page 3)

what is this

Hi, Regarding the following snippet I know that we are dealing with freind functions, members, classes etc., but I need help in identifying what "this" is: (fro...
[4 replies] Last: On the topic of const-correctness, the member function displayItem() d... (by keskiverto)
Smart Systems - Possible or Not?

Dear Community, As a new user, I am happy to be able to ask for your assistance! Your thoughts and experience(s) are invaluable in helping programmers...
[no replies]
Program crash

Am making my own small program to analyse football games. i am reading a text file and using three funtions to analyse the results. The program is crashing o...
[3 replies] Last: Am reading the file into the class variables. However, i cannot use ... (by Mwangi Elijah)
by RobCh
Skip rendering obscured polygons - OpenGl

I am told there is a way to skip the rendering of obscured polygons in opengl. I am told it has something to do with stencils. I would like to be able to rende...
[1 reply] : You may use the z-buffer with a two-pass algorithm. The first time you... (by ne555)
Hailstone

I'm looking for help in a section of my C++ program. I need to "write a function that takes an integer n and returns the start value k, from 1 to n, that has th...
[5 replies] Last: If you're able to find the length of the longest sequence then you mus... (by dhayden)
Pantheios: record logging API remote

HI, I installed the pantheios logging API in order to write log file remotely, using language C. This is possible? Is there any example in C/C++? Thank yo...
[1 reply] : C API example: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/27196/Adding-Loggi... (by JLBorges)
by Nyapp
what's wrong with my class?

What's wrong with my (unfinished) class? class level : public texture { protected: uint8_t* bounds = new uint8_t ; int size; public: level() {}...
[2 replies] Last: thanks that worked (by Nyapp)
by Ezzky
C++ stack frame - how to create it?

How can I create a stack frame for this function and how would it look like ? float ChangeToCelsius (float farenheit) { return (static_cast<float> (5...
[1 reply] : you'll find answers on stackoverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questio... (by closed account 48bpfSEw)
does anyone have tutorials of cmake?

can anyone give me link to beginner's tutorial for cmake ??? I want to learn how to use cmake, but I don't know where to start..
[1 reply] : the good old wise lady Mrs. Google knows (allmost) everything: ^^ htt... (by closed account 48bpfSEw)
Cannot compile example code

Hi, this is an example code from Stroustrup. G++ compiler made me add 7 declarations. Even with these additions compiler does not finish. Now compiler says to...
[5 replies] Last: Ouf! Compiler says OK. Thank you very much for your help. (by sylvain)
by PacR
What element number iterator is pointing to?

#include <iostream> #include <list> using namespace std; int main() { int myints = {75,23,65,42,13}; list<int> mylist (myints,myints+5); fo...
[3 replies] Last: Thankyou shadowmouse and keskiverto now code works fine! (by PacR)
hello, I have just a warning (no compile errors) but code does not build. "primary reference could not be resolved"

I think at this point I can't really find any solution without your help... I linked c++ to c# using ClR, in order to use c++ algorithm in unity. This works...
[1 reply] : it was just about changing frameworks. write click on project-> prop... (by davidgoder)
Maximum value in 2d array and its corresponding number

I have a question regrading 2d array. If one column in array stores values and second column stores numbers. For example, 0.1 1 -0.4 4 0.7 2 0.2 ...
[2 replies] Last: if array type is int , tray to make your container double ar... (by davidgoder)
Calling struct = returning value?

is there a way to make the code below print 3? #include <iostream> using namespace std; struct pint { int value; void operator=(int newValue) { ...
[5 replies] Last: As you code stands now, you cannot make it print '3' without adding to... (by JayhawkZombie)
by a015
Dev C++ Encryption Program

I would like to encrypt some documents using an encryption program that I made, to be completely sure of it's reliability and trustworthiness. However, I have n...
[11 replies] Last: But securing a key that's the same length as the message is obviously... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Need help with this for my project!

Hello guys I need help with these. #include <iostream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int mainchoice; char bookname ; void tfiosdetails(); int mai...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you guys!! I can finally finish my project! :) (by ibyan01)
wrapper class CLR

hello, I need a wrapper class to connect c++ to C# but it gives me 5 errors, first one says: 'st' : 'struct'type redefinition. compiler sees the link but thi...
[4 replies] Last: In my second point, I mentioned that you must be leaving stuff out of ... (by doug4)
Need some help

I am stuck. The problem is to write a ternary metafiction replace_type<C,X,Y> that takes an arbitrary compound type C as its first parameter and replaces all oc...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Juan, Not sure whether you know that gentleguy is a troll, of c... (by TheIdeasMan)
Detect monitor on/off

Hi! There any way to detect the monitor PC Desktop state in Windows ON / OFF, using language C/C++? Thanks
[5 replies] Last: You can do this with powershell, what you want to look at is the power... (by SamuelAdams)
Should i use a protected variable?

So i'm working on a small program where I have to make a banking system using inheritance. I have a bank account class, which is just, well, a general bank ac...
[2 replies] Last: Do you realize this is a C++ forum? Too true. C++ is not the best p... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
August 2016 Pages: 12345... 12
  Archived months: [jul2016] [sep2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.