General C++ Programming - December 2013 (Page 4)

This program confused me!!!

#include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main() { char *words ={"stately", "plump", "buck", "mulligan"};/* words is...
[1 reply] : > sizeof(words) will give the size of the array, which is 4, right? w... (by ne555)
Data Structures assignment

Afh
[1 reply] : main must return int give the input to reproduce your problem (by ne555)
Connect 4 Program with AI :)

Hey this is connect 4 program with Minimax algorithm using NegaMax algorithm and I don't know actually if I implemented it correctly ... The problem is I don't ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks ^_^ (by LordAhmed)
I need help emergency!!!!!!

Your program must be able to process this kind of files and insert it into a circular singly linked list . After reading this file, it must be able to sort the ...
[no replies]
problem with delete[]

Hello! I have a project for my university, and I am having problem: "Windows has triggered a breakpoint in polynome v0.0.0.0.exe. This may be due to a corr...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you all (by JewelCpp)
by IKov
Good Books For Starting C++ When Already Knowing Java

I was just wandering if there where any good books that you could recommend to me since I already know Java and I have heard that Java is very similar to C++ so...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! looks like a great book, i was really hoping for one tha... (by IKov)
sudoku solver

please suggest some algorithm to make a sudoku solver which workouts on some pre-filled values to make out the solution
[3 replies] Last: thanks, now it is working partially, few blocks remain unfilled somet... (by NPcomplete)
open SWF files

Is possible to open swf file in Ubuntu linux using C++ ?
[no replies]
by jaded7
A new problem domain

Hi, My current experience with C++ isn't diverse- its more or less been restricted to simple command line programs as practice with some (trivial) GUI experi...
[1 reply] : i havent used the windows api much (qt fan ;) ) but as for the linux a... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
SFML Game development problem

i have been following the SFML Game Development book and i am on page 40. when i try to run the program instead of the texture appearing it shows a white rectan...
[6 replies] Last: Not entirely sure what's happening, but let me comment the flow here: ... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
by Hergie
Zork Cone (Help please)

For some reason the loop won't stop when the playerHP < zero, however. The loop does stop when the dragonHP < zero. Why is this happening? #include <ios...
[6 replies] Last: while (dragonHP > 0 && playerHP > 0); (by cire)
stringstream as a func param question

Hi everyone! A have a quick question about passig miltiple variable to a func that has (stringstream & text). Here is the code: void PrintText(stringstr...
[11 replies] Last: > My personal preference for passing arguments to functions, for the s... (by JLBorges)
Passing a function as a template parameter

Pseudocode: template<typename T /*, some parameter for member_function */> class Foo { public: void someFunction() { T t; t.m...
[10 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <functional> #include <string> #include ... (by JLBorges)
Variables, arrays, precedence, pointers

Arrays are by far the most fun to work with and I really need see if its possible to enable an array to count apples, pears, peaches, from a group of three each...
[1 reply] : Sounds really interesting... Keep us updated. (by liquidfuzz)
function pointer

two things I did'nt get till now Q->1 what is the actual use of function pointer ? Q->2 what is use of passing function as an argument to another function ? ...
[2 replies] Last: Q->1 what is the actual use of function pointer ? Implementation-def... (by Cubbi)
accessing private members from header file

i have seen many c++ programs, where the private members from a header file are accessed in the source file. why is happening? As to my knowledge a private mem...
[2 replies] Last: The header file doesn't hide the stuff in the object. All that stuff m... (by Duthomhas)
SERIAL DIVIDER

Write program that do the algorithm of serial divider( You can divide to number in binary form and result also in binary.
[2 replies] Last: You can help me to shift the position of arrays Form one to another eg... (by Machano)
Array of method pointers

I've read a number of topics about function pointers, and many of them appear to be exactly what I'm trying to do, but for some reason, I can't get what I want ...
[3 replies] Last: naraku9333: Thanks, that was it! (by cwcarlson)
EvE: A different AI (?)

To begin with, I'm probably way over my head, and have my asbestos suit at the ready as these threads seem to generate flame wars. That being said there's a wea...
[5 replies] Last: "No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." - Niels Bohr (by Mats)
About const member functions?

Book says that if we add a const following a function declaration, it will make it a const member function bool same_isbn(const Sales_item &rhs) const; ...
[7 replies] Last: and lets you use the object in places that it otherwise could not be ... (by Lowest0ne)
December 2013 Pages: 123456... 37
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.