General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 11)

by ET21
Need Assistance

Hi, I'm new and need some assistance with my very first program. After trying to figure the problem between me and my roommate, we keep getting the error "e...
[4 replies] Last: That did it, thank you! (by ET21)
by vijkrr
What will happen when new is called?

Hi, Myclass* obj = new Myclass(); in this statement there are two operation performed. 1. Calling New 2. calling myClass. As per my understandi...
[4 replies] Last: Because your instance method is a critical section you will need to us... (by Zaita)
Need help with Dynamically allocating strings into arrays

Hello everyone. I have an error I've been trying to solve for a while that I can't seem to find a solution to. Basically what I'm trying to do is create ...
[6 replies] Last: He may want you to use pointers and dynamic allocation, but I would be... (by Zaita)
selection sort on an array of class objects

hello everyone i have written a selection sort algorithm to go sort an array of class objects by age in ascending order, the problem is that the output being...
[1 reply] : player .setAge(player .getAge()); //¿eh? player .getAge() == minValu... (by ne555)
Making/Building 3D Game Engines

Hello everyone! Let's get straight to it. Making/Building 3D Game Engines , Do I need to know anything related to ART or graphics in order to make them ? I ...
[8 replies] Last: The only art related concern I can think of is the parsing of 3D model... (by MrHutch)
Linear Searching an array of class objects

I have a linear search algorithm set up to search through an array of class objects it works but the output does not match, when i search for a particluar name ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks vlad got it working (by tarantino)
Deleting specific class object in an array.

I am trying to delete a speific element in an array of class objects. i am overwriting the element i waant to delete with the eleement after it. My algorithm wo...
[4 replies] Last: thanks got it working finally (by tarantino)
Daylight Saving Time

Gentlemen, I need some help. I am looking for any particular information or type of code ( a boolean hopefully) that will allow me to determine if a particular ...
[3 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tz_database This is a good start as you'l... (by Zaita)
testing of video file

hi all, i am working on Symbian,brew,nokia Qt,samsung bada,iphone, all of this technology based on C,C++,or objective C in all of this technology i am facing ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jLzyhbRD/ The error handling for the... (by Zaita)
by arms4
Checking input data solution

Here is my problem.I am making an array to ask input from the user as shown in example below.I need to make sure that out of all the array that been input, ther...
[1 reply] : bool found_pair = false; int tmp; for(int i=0; i<(row*col)/sizeof(nu... (by ritka)
by vrakas
Adjacency matrix property

Hello ! I am studying about adjacency matrices and i cannot understand the following: "It is sometimes helpful to use the fact that the (i,j) entry of the adj...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot :) (by vrakas)
Can you write this in any simpler?

The program generates Fibonacci numbers until the number reaches the limit (maks) that was entered by the user.It works perfectly fine but I think that this cod...
[1 reply] : Consider a do ... while loop. It always executes at least once and ma... (by moorecm)
Show weekday for given year

I have been given an assignment which I have big troubles with. The assignment is: "If I ask you “When is the weekday of the 2nd of August in 1429?”, you ...
[3 replies] Last: I can not take credit for this code, I wish I had the original link, b... (by SamuelAdams)
Importance of C++

PLease Give your ideas on the following topic. Important role of C++ as a base language in order to understand the modern programming languages such as C#, Jav...
[1 reply] : All these languages are independent from each other. So if to speak ab... (by vlad from moscow)
Can't find segmentation fault

I have been trying to code a program that will calculate the 1000 prime number. however when I compile my program I get a "segmentation fault(core dumped)" any ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your help. My program now executes and the 100... (by drummerkid56)
How to get the C++ version

Hi Currenlty the New version of C++ is C++11. But I want to know which version of C++ that I'm using in my machine(Unix & windows). How to know the correc...
[8 replies] Last: Right. Thanks, Peter and Santosh Reddy. (by JLBorges)
BrainComputersInterferface

i attend costaatt in Trinidad http://www.costaatt.edu.tt/ i study information tech and i am interested in brain computer interface technology if anyone has any ...
[4 replies] Last: is the lack of sample code the problem dose the lack of this cause a p... (by melchoir)
hey

??? wasn't my topic. was just not sure what the guy wanted, that's why "???"
[1 reply] : hi, how are you??? EDIT: shouldn't this be in the lounge??? why am i ... (by Script Coder)
Quicksort function to work with my class array

void Quicksort(int info ,int left,int right){ int pivot = left + (right - left)/2;//it is the middle (will change sometimes but will end up in the middle int...
[18 replies] Last: thanks fixed a lot (by faieq92)
flash memory simulation using a c++ code

Hi. I have to simulate flash memory using C++ for a project. I am quite unsure how to start. If someone could help me out, even with a basic idea, I would be gr...
[2 replies] Last: Well as to what exactly I need to simulate, the answer would be the se... (by equinox123)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 910111213... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.