General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 12)

If Statement Mischief...

Okay, I heard this person who had to be perfectly insane say something really weird... He said that if statements take up a lot of RAM... Now, being intereste...
[7 replies] Last: If you have written such code as can be seen above with so many condit... (by ajh32)
Multiple inheritance concepts

Multiple inheritance seems like such a powerful and useful tool for many situations. I understand the problems associated with the dreaded diamond and an easy ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks guys. I'm still trying to wrap my head around OOP. ne555 , ... (by Stewbond)
overloading ^ operator

Hi, I want the C++ source code for overloading ^ operator using operator function in operator overloading.
[3 replies] Last: Also known as the high five operator: #include <iostream> #include <... (by cire)
Assignment Questions

Hi I've been given an assignment with the below questions. 1. What is the difference between pass by reference & pass by pointers? 2. What is the u...
[1 reply] : I suggest you give us your best answers to those questions and we can ... (by Hippogriff)
by Fean
Multimaps & File Reading

Hi all, I've got a problem with reading my file data but before I explain it I'll give some background. I'm programming a 2D Platformer using the SDL librar...
[3 replies] Last: I reworked my save class to have an enum for each layer replacing the ... (by Fean)
need a c++ code which is related to nature

guys i need a c++ programming code which is related to nature ..... give me a code to find the annual amount of rainfsll ?
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main(void) { double inofrain; std::cout<... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Help with a randomnumber generator

I'm working on an exercise that's in this PDF file I'm reading. What it wants me to do is... Write a random-number generator that returns a random floatingpoi...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah I suppose that makes sense. Well it works none-the-less, so thank... (by xaberranthianx)
by Ombra
A stupid mistake I can't see?

Now, I've had quite a lot of trouble with stupid errors in my time. My time, which is very limited. I'm a fairly new programmer, and I have a situation here. I'...
[2 replies] Last: I need a slap on the head for that one. Thanks so much, mate. (by Ombra)
input and output results to a text file

This is the question for my code... well i have done the inputing the marks into the input.txt file...but now i dont know how to output the mean and the standa...
[4 replies] Last: ok well the i have already stored an array to store 5 student exam mar... (by raaj5671)
Composition & member access

Hello all! I have a question regarding composition and accessing members "deep" inside the composed structure. For example; class A { private: in...
[11 replies] Last: @ne555 Ahh yea, I wasn't thinking properly when I wrote that. @Bobrui... (by Zaita)
sorting a structure array help

i need to print the names as they appear in the original file, print the info of the person with the highest distance, print the info sorted by ascending ID num...
[1 reply] : In your ID sort: for (int i=0; i < num-1; i++) { for (int j=0; j<num... (by Smac89)
Need Help Its Pissing me off

Every time i start a new SDL project at college it works fine with linking the include, lib, VC++ etc. But when im home i do everything the same i get some stup...
[1 reply] : What is the error you are getting? (by firedraco)
NEED CODE ASAP!!! PLEASE HELP, I'M STRUGGLING!!!

I need a program that allows me to... Input students test scores(Tests, Quizzes, Classwork, and Homework) stored in dynamically declared arrays and PPS weights...
[3 replies] Last: I NEED THIS GRADE TO PLAY BASEBALL!! What the hell? (by S G H)
VGA Detect monochrome mode?

Anybody knows how to detect if a monochrome mode (MDA?) (BIOS Video Modes 0x7,0xF&0x11) is active by looking at the VGA registers? I don't want to look at the B...
[no replies]
VGA VRAM graphic mode reading/writing pixels?

Anybody can tell me where the errors in the below code are? Extra info: getrowsize() gives the size of a row in bytes (see VGA CRTC register). getVRAMMemAddrS...
[2 replies] Last: Solved it. Only thing left is to determine how the monochrome mode (MD... (by superfury)
class with no type error

I'm sure this is an easy one to answer but I just cant see what the problem is. I get the error: pq.h:12: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Node’ with...
[5 replies] Last: ¿class Head? ¿why the namespace pollution? (by ne555)
by gtm
Question about this exercise, convert to void*

Define an array of int. Take the starting address of that array and use static_cast to convert it into an void*. Write a function that takes a void*, a number ...
[6 replies] Last: anyone? (by gtm)
Looking for Boost File System Example

I wrote a simple program that works like the dos find command > Searches for a text string in a file or files. except mine will output line numbers, and cou...
[1 reply] : There is no built-in search using wildcards. You can run a directory_... (by Cubbi)
Template Question

Say I have a template outer class and I want the inner class to share that template type: template <class T> class A { class B { T value; }; }; I...
[3 replies] Last: http://ideone.com/sxzZKF (by naraku9333)
finding max. and min. values

i want to finding maximum and minimum values of 10 numbers using for loop and the program work wrong !! any help?! #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <limits> using namespace std; int main(... (by cire)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.