General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 27)

Difference between CMOS and bipolar

Hey rrybody, I know this isnt the correct forum to put this in but i dont know where else to post this and get a quick answer... Im looking up logic gates a...
[2 replies] Last: thanks kbw..... i need also (by Marcosves)
by Murli
Plugin for All Browser

I want to create a plugin with c++ which will be supported by all Browser,i am stuck how to start.Any help will be appreciated. Thanks: Murli Pratap
[2 replies] Last: That's unlikely to be possible. Not all Browers use the the same unde... (by kbw)
file dialog craps program with whitespaces in filenames

on vista it seems to work but on win7, if the file name has a whitespace in it, the program will crap out. // Open file dialog box string openfilename(cha...
[no replies]
Shared library throws exception but not caught

A test program of mine loads a shared library (.so file). A function call in the shared library throws an exception that I am trying to catch in the main fu...
[9 replies] Last: I don't claim that it's impossible to throw an exception across dynami... (by coder777)
Trouble with basic temperature conversion.

Hey guys, I'm new to this website and was hoping to get some help. So I'm doing this conversion program, and I'm having trouble with getting the Farhenheit to C...
[5 replies] Last: That might be because the local variables hide the global variables of... (by cire)
by Marcan
Looking for peer code review

Hi everyone, I'm learning C++ by myself and therefore I have no direct access to a mentor. This is the reason why I'd love if you guys could take the time to d...
[2 replies] Last: BunnyList.cpp part 2 void RabbitList::purge() { if(getColonySiz... (by Marcan)
Copying Binary FILE Contents Into Another

Hey guys, How does one go about copying one binary FILE variable to another in C++? Say I have the following: FILE* tempFile; //is a binary file a...
[3 replies] Last: http://cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/rename/ (by ne555)
Network Programming: Downloading a File from the Internet

Hey everyone, I know this question can be seen a lot around on this site, but I think mine is a little different in terms of what I'm looking for. First off, I...
[4 replies] Last: winsock , wininet (this is what internet explorer uses), winhttp comes... (by modoran)
Accessing private members from inside class

Hello all! Let's say I have the following class: class MyClass { private: int m_myInt; public: int myInt() {return this->m_myInt;}; int ...
[13 replies] Last: It may be fine if you are doing something like `string::c_str()' ¿wha... (by ne555)
Re-use stringstream

I'm having some trouble re-using a stringstream. What I mean by re-use, is that I've filled the stringstream up with file contents so that I don't have to read...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, that was it. Thanks guys! Cubbi, that's what the newFC stringstr... (by Chris Walton)
by l0311
code for minsweeper game

Hi, i have edited this code for a simple minesweeper game but i need to rearrange the code so that it is all in the int main() { } section. please can ...
[4 replies] Last: I sometimes do the same thing in reverse. Write it in main and later p... (by SamuelAdams)
Need Help with array

Hello there.! I have to complete a project that i want to read float numbers from keyboard and store them into an array of 10 elements.! Every time that a numbe...
[1 reply] : Hi there, How about you share the code you have come up with so far a... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
how do I build this program?

there is a website that has one audio file on each page. There are hundreds of web page of such. The names of the audio files are named as arbitrary numbers. An...
[3 replies] Last: Ah right, sorry - PHP only supports it with the module installed, whic... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by szymon
C++ and shapefil.h

Hi I have problem with .shp files. I open this file and I read information with SHPGetInfo() but I don't know how draw shapes in this file. This is my cod...
[1 reply] : Sorry dear,,,, i have no Any Idea this time... (by Chadoeby)
Passing messages between programs - nonstandard way

Hi all, I have a bit of an issue, I need direct access to parallel ports, on a school owned computer which probably wont let me install any drivers. So, t...
[6 replies] Last: what do you mean when you say the file can remain in ram? Wouldn't th... (by coder777)
by krrice
Need help with errors

Hi everyone I have an error that I cant figure out. I have searched and looked through my code and just can't figure out what is wrong. I am simply trying to cr...
[18 replies] Last: Yes, I'm saying that you include header files only where you need the... (by MikeyBoy)
Reading tab-delimited file using fscanf( ) - File having information of a graph

Folks. I have a network data file that looks like this: 24 76 1 1 2 2 1 3 3 2 1 4 2 6 5 3 1 6 3 4 7 3 12 8 4 3 9 4 5 . . . . . . . . . The first row has t...
[3 replies] Last: The difference being... ¿where are `arcs' and `nodes' pointing to? (by ne555)
Problems calling overloaded functions

I believe I have the syntax correct but I'm having difficulty calling my overloaded == operator in main (last snip-it of code). Below are several files explaini...
[3 replies] Last: main.cpp line 71: bool operator ==(Commission& fred, Commission joe);... (by MiiNiPaa)
ofstream constructor with std::string

I wrote some code and made a programming mistake, but it still worked. Later, when looking over the code I said to myself, "That shouldn't have compiled!". I...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the response. (by Alrededor)
help adding function to this code

I was going to post this in the beginners forum, but the sticky said to not post things not suitable for beginners. I've picked up a guide for learning to p...
[2 replies] Last: thank you! I hadn't known about switches! and right, the pause was... (by nlawre21)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.