General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 28)

unordered_map

A short code before I proceed with problem: class A {public: A(int input) : mem_var(input) { } int mem_var; }; int main() { std::unordered_map<int, ...
[2 replies] Last: This is also the case with std::map. If you instead use the at member... (by Peter87)
by hab186
How to stop execution of a particular set of code

Hi all, I am writing a windows form application program that on the click of a button starts to execute a bunch of code. This code takes about a minute to ex...
[1 reply] : There are two ways you could do it. The simplest way would be to have... (by NGen)
by ostar2
I am trying to merge binary files (1,2)

I am attempting to merge binary files. However, this is to no avail. The program keeps segfaulting. I want to merge the buffers the files are stored in and then...
[25 replies] Last: I meant like an image of a partition or a file system. (by ostar2)
by raduh
Mouse handling

Hello everybody! I have recently started game programming and although the graphic part works fine, the event handling is a mess. All the information on m...
[2 replies] Last: Get a lib designed for this kind of thing. Like SFML or SDL. (by Disch)
Crash std::cout<<float number

Hi! I have the next code, that give me a crash when I show a float number. This only happens in BoxObject class: void PhysicCube::Initialize() { se...
[4 replies] Last: Uhmmm...I detect the problem. If I delete the variable dMass from Phys... (by ShotoReapre)
C++ IDE (1,2)

please tell me which is a fairly good free IDE for C++. I presently use the turbo C++ IDE. it has the red background(changeable) and all that but it does not...
[31 replies] Last: This is my advice. install qt creator and learn qt. It is a framework ... (by majidkamali1370)
Reading Data from website to excel with login etc

Hello all! This is my first post on this board so bare with me! I work for UPS and run an operation. Everyday we have stats that come in and I have to ...
[no replies]
I'm attempting to run example code, but Boost's graphing library doesn't like it

I want to preface this by saying that I have some experience with C++, but I'm new to Linux and the the concept of installing libraries. The Boost Libraries are...
[3 replies] Last: You were right, Cubbi. It was a version issue. Siconos 3.4.0 is not co... (by chris3145)
sorting

Hi, I know one working solution of my sorting problem, but I am curious if there is a better way to handle this. Please share your opinion. I have a cla...
[2 replies] Last: Great. Thanks. (by bhatiaharsh)
Translation Fortran >> C++

Dear C++ enthusiastics, I want to use within a C++ program a subroutine written in Fortran. The Fortran declaration is: ------ subroutine initialize_Hig...
[6 replies] Last: If you have the fortran source code you could try f2c on it http://e... (by mik2718)
Absolute fastest container to lookup names

Names are std::string no more than 3 characters in length. What built in container or boost container is fastest at finding a name (Key) in it's container. ...
[2 replies] Last: I'd imagine std::unordered_map or std::map (by ResidentBiscuit)
Help with bullets in my Allegro 5 game. (Soon to be game)

Every time I fire my bullets, it always fires them out all in one burst. But I found that deleting break; at line 213 solves this. However, I think deleting t...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, I may have misinterpreted some parts of your code. eg. I just no... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Memory and Pointers

Hello i have a program to solve, i am quite good in reverse engineering...that is i will understand the program more efficiently when i have it solved. kindly ...
[3 replies] Last: thankyou so much for your prompt reply, much appreciated :) (by shoaibcplus)
by ane
"matriz could not be resolved"

I need used a array (that is declared in routing.cc) em UDP.cc, already include the routing.h in udp.cc, but when to use occurs the error: "matriz could not...
[2 replies] Last: routingTable.cc Define_Module(RoutingTable); public: int matrizA =... (by ane)
ENTER NUMBER OR LETTER and ASCENDING OR DESCENDING PROGRAM. PLS HELP

our professor gave us an assingment. 1. Choose what to enter NUMBER or LETTER. 2. Choose type of sorting ASCENDING or DESCENDING. sorry guys i remember thi...
[9 replies] Last: It would be around line #8 in your code and would look almost exactly ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Strange bug converting little endian to host endian

I am having a problem with a function I wrote to convert little endian byte order integers to host byte order integers. I am using it to read little endian inte...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks heaps, I totally skimmed over that. (by steve9164)
CRUDL class design

Hi everyone, I'm trying to set up a basic class that will perform CRUDL operations (create, read, update, delete, list) as part of a web-app library. Obvious...
[2 replies] Last: *polite bump* - moved from beginners to general. (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
JNI: Call java from C++ lib

I write some code for my native android lib to communicate with smart card via jni. There are: Library c++ code, JavaNativeCaller.cxx class and java.class. ...
[no replies]
Sorting Vowels, Consonants, Digits and Other Characters in a String in C++

//Sorting Vowels, Consonants, Digits and Other Characters in a String in C++ by soulrazzmatazz13@facebook.com #include <iostream> #include <string> using na...
[2 replies] Last: //Other alternatives. #include <iostream> #include <string> using n... (by m1rv9n41v5)
Functions

Hello, this is one of my first posts with c++ help soo yeah. But today i need help with functions. In particular a program that deals with functions. Its a Roul...
[5 replies] Last: Plus you would get more responses if you posted this in the beginner's... (by guatemala007)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 2627282930... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.