General C++ Programming - January 2014 (Page 3)

by Renato
Store a value to myfile, to a new line of the text file

This is my deposit, i want to save the value that is on (currentBalance) to the text file call balance. Right now I only know to store a sentence "Writing this ...
[7 replies] Last: I found the way to store the new balance. What was in: myfile ... (by Renato)
USING ARRAYS

Hi.. I just started learning about arrays.. and I got this question to do: Question: Using the array to accept 10 testscore. Calculate and print the highest, ...
[4 replies] Last: can any one help me in file handling issues? (by ak16)
using sigaction

#include <signal.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <iostream> using namespace std; void func ( int sigaction ) { cout << "Oops! -- I got a signal "...
[2 replies] Last: I figured it out I just had to change this: (void) signal ( SIGIN... (by cppnoob25)
An odd segmentation violation

Hello, I am doing analysis of a monte carlo simulation. I am using the Root libraries from CERN, and I am coming against some odd problems. I am having a ...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry, the code was finishing the for loop, then trying to make a chec... (by Feymanismyhero)
Need help on file reading problem

Hi, I'm not a C++ programmer but I do know simple C++. I'm creating simple console application using Code::Blocks to allow me to pass parameters from other appl...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks cire! It works!! so basically 'feof' is only useful after it ha... (by crystalcoder)
How to use mouse in Win32 Console

Hi guys. I want to show and control mouse in Win32 Console. What should I do? And I want to learn MFC programing. Who can give me ebook? Thanks so much!!
[3 replies] Last: You need to turn on mouse events with SetConsoleMode() and then list... (by Duthomhas)
by Chubby
Question about this! (1,2)

I am kind dont understand what is this ask! read 10 integer values use them to initialize elements of the array and find the number of positive elements in ...
[31 replies] Last: Is there a reason you're editing your previous posts to remove their c... (by cire)
by Kauto
Error C2100: Illegal Indirection

After a lot of research I found out some things that I would like to verify and use in my homework. When passing a 2D array to a function as pointer, it is trea...
[4 replies] Last: Have your definitions match your prototype: // These are your proto... (by Disch)
some questions

1. I want to do 2 while at the same moment. Exactly I want one while which is checking the time and it should di something every X second and the other should c...
[3 replies] Last: 1: Running something every X seconds is stupid and wasteful. I persona... (by Computergeek01)
Reading records from files

Is there a way to indicate how many records exist in a given file? For example, vectors have the vector.size() command to show the number of given elements. Is ...
[6 replies] Last: Ohhh yeah. True true. Read the contents of the entire file back into t... (by alee4408)
Grr... Errors... why?

Why am I getting this error :( main.cpp:22:81: error: declaration of ‘button::button(int, int, int, int)’ outside of class is not definition [-fpermissive...
[no replies]
by Eixim
Lua table out of order

Hello, I am fairly new to C++ and I have a function that for some reason is mixing up the order of the table that I make in Lua. Here is the function in C++:...
[1 reply] : Two things: A Lua table is almost certainly a dictionary (hash, unorde... (by PanGalactic)
by Ceset
About Pointers

Hi everyone i have a few questions about pointers and even though i have made research my humble mind failed to understand. 1. what are the benefits of us...
[4 replies] Last: thx to all of you. now i understand quite better (by Ceset)
Intermediate book?

So ive done quite some C++ tutorials, and i am familiar with plenty features(also did some practice with SDL). But, while i continue to work on SDL i dont know ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, you don't want to be learning from the people that have already m... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Regression library

Hi, I am looking for a free to use regression library. What I need is a function to fit data into a linear equations which multiple independent variables. ...
[no replies]
by Kauto
2 Errors in passing values/references to function

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <math.h> #include <time.h> #include<iomanip> #include<array> #include <algorithm> using namespace std; const ...
[2 replies] Last: Given int *Array , what is the type of &Array ? Your swap expect... (by keskiverto)
by Dmaz85
Genetic Algorithm Library

Hello, could anyone suggest me a Genetic Algorithm Library in C++? I looked for in the web, there are a lot of them, have you tried some? Is there one up to d...
[1 reply] : look at boost: http://www.boost.org/ (by coder777)
by Kubani
using loops for drawing a checkers board

Hello all, This is the text of exercise 4 of chapter 12 of PPP; Draw a checkers board: 8-by-8 alternating white and red squares. Is there a way to use the l...
[9 replies] Last: I have a hard time believing you weren't introduced to containers of ... (by Kubani)
What does the backslash do in this case?

Hello, I'm sorry for using a vague title. I've been learning about OpenGL shaders and came across this example: const GLchar *vertex_shader_code = { "#versio...
[6 replies] Last: That cleared everything up, thank you all for your help :) (by Sythical)
C++ plz help.

Hey guys I am really lost on how to do this problem. Plz give me some inputs. The program must evaluate the truth value of the conjunction, disjunction, and...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags. It is the button that has '<>' on it. This makes... (by snow 56767)
January 2014 Pages: 12345... 25
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.