General C++ Programming - July 2012 (Page 7)

Weird errors with pure virtual functions

I've got a strange problem here. Platform is Ubuntu oneiric 64 bit, g++ 4.6.1-9 I have a bunch of utility classes that I've developed over my career that I ...
[16 replies] Last: This is a really interesting problem :) Can you try removing all of yo... (by rollie)
multiple inheritance ambiguity that I can't resolve

G'day all, I have a situation with some libraries I am using whereby there is an ambiguity with the function to be called due to multiple inheritance and nam...
[7 replies] Last: Of course! Thanks very much, m4ster r0shi and JLBorges. Graham (by Graham Menhennitt)
Creating new string class function?

I'm not sure what the name would be, and a Google search returned no related results, but I was wondering if you can add functionality to an existing class. ...
[9 replies] Last: viliml knows what I'm trying to do, they were helping me on another th... (by Volatile Pulse)
Multimap overkill?

So I was playing around with some of the STL containers, and ran across the multimap, so I decided to give it a whirl. My first attempt at using it, I came up w...
[16 replies] Last: @bartoli I did switch to initializing a vector instead of using the sa... (by Volatile Pulse)
Precompiled header stdsfx

Hi all, I am a newbie that is teaching myself the C++ language. I have a question that maybe someone out there can answer. I use windows 7 (64bit)as my OS, and...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply coder777, Usually, I do shut that switch off whe... (by therry1)
by takzee
Access structure in a structure with template

Hi guys , This is one of my school work that requires me to read a customer.txt and stores the information inside into a list . I'm doing the readfile function...
[12 replies] Last: Hi guys , I'm now working on the delete record function , I'm facing... (by takzee)
by dev101
Help Calling dll passing char pointer.

I need to call a function in zipf.dll passing a Source Path. And this function waits for pointer of a path string. But the compiler can not pass the pointer o...
[4 replies] Last: The decomplied function doesn't make to much sense. It seems to be a ... (by coder777)
Need help with input a number of random numbers to generate and to output a chart showing the random numbers in a histogram.

Write a program to the following specifications to input a number of random numbers to generate and to output a chart showing the random numbers in a histogram,...
[2 replies] Last: works fine. thank you ..i messed up on algorithm. (by trex123)
by mesi
About Sinogram

Hi I have problem to create sinogram in C++. I have come X and Y data. These are our geometry of detectors and I want to convert these data in to sinogram or ...
[1 reply] : Why you don't try it by yourself? Just with copy & paste you won't lea... (by shadow123)
Better Functions to check for a symbol, operator or number.

I have tried to create functions to check whether a given character is a symbol or an operator or a number. These functions will be used in a program to convert...
[3 replies] Last: char enterYourKeY; cin>>enterYourKey; int ascii = atoi(enterYourKey);... (by HiteshVaghani1)
I don't understand how a variable and a matrix are affected in this program

I copy paste part of the code: int MaxHour = 24, Blocks = 10; int ThermalUnits = 40, HydroUnits = 17, Imports = 5, Exports = 5, PumpingUnits = 4; ...
[3 replies] Last: That may be true, but there's no way anyone else can check that. I, d... (by kbw)
Need Help with this program

Please help. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Here is the assignment plus the code that I have so far. It's not doing what I want it to do. Creat...
[4 replies] Last: LowestIndex = 0; LowestScore( GradeArray, LowestIndex ); Total = 0; ... (by HiteshVaghani1)
Question 2: cin doesn't work!

Well, I create the void function, let’s say `Press1`. So I write: void Press1 ( ) { int a; cout << "Please press 1"<< endl; cin >> a; if (a==1) { cou...
[4 replies] Last: You're using a before initializing it. What you did there is equiva... (by Nexius)
GUI code crashes but compiles

Hi Guys I am new to pgramming for C++ and trying to create a GUI where a box color changes when a button is pressed (it has some radio buttons as well which ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi ne555 Thank you again for you help. After playing with when ... (by nessamae)
palindrom

I have been testing a few number to find error help me debugging... #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> using namespace st...
[3 replies] Last: oh idk this is acm problem i thought everything is correct but onl... (by jake eum)
Templates receiving objects

Is it possible for a function or class template to receive an object as its type?
[2 replies] Last: Oh... I did not know that. (by Windwhistles)
by ostar2
reversing encrytpion done by xor

I was wonder I figured out how to decrypt in xor with this #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> int main() { char z ; char y = ".`}}w8_'&D_dk...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks I fixed it and uses a password of 48 characters. (by ostar2)
Why do these curly brackets make a difference?

This is in VC++. First, here is the code, it is to check whether a number is prime or not. #include "stdafx.h" #include "iostream" #include "math.h" ...
[6 replies] Last: This topic should be sticky'd for how well the question was laid out a... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Gaussian Smoothing

I have written a gaussian blurring function in c++ (Actually systemC) and i am writing the pixel values to an output file. However my output image has overlappi...
[no replies]
recursion

when i input 231 -> base to is 11100111 it pass all the false and returned true but after return true it returning false again... i thought after u return so...
[4 replies] Last: Basically, recursive function call is the same as any other function c... (by KRAkatau)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 56789... 30
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.