General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 44)

by cppct
Synchronization Objects

Could you please explain mutex, semaphore and condition variable with the help of example code. With the help theoretical example I understand what all these ob...
[1 reply] : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=condition+variable+example (by kbw)
Server Socket Program

What all the ways to implement a server (takes multiple client request) socket i.e. fork, multithread etc and which one is efficient? Please explain with the he...
[1 reply] : Sounds like homework. (by kbw)
Vectors of vectors of objects

Hey guys, so I need some help with manipulating a set of containers. I created a vector that contained vectors of objects: std::vector< std::vector<Terrain>...
[10 replies] Last: @hanst99 They (ideone) updated the compiler to gcc-4.7.2 (by naraku9333)
MVS AntiVirus Issues and More

My first inquiry is about my AntiVirus software. I use Kaspersky, it came with my laptop. I also use MVS 2010 Express for my C++ class. Sometimes Kaspersky b...
[5 replies] Last: Could you link to some of this "talk"? (by LB)
x and o symbol generation

I have program. I need programing one game. char girl; char computer; cout << "Girl choose one of symbol x or o"; so girl choose x. problem : i need ra...
[1 reply] : Why do you need a random symbol for that? Why can't you just use rand... (by MrHutch)
by vickyp
Functions of type vector<double>

Hi, I am working on a project in college using Visual C++ 2010 and I would like help with an error... error C3861: 'dataV': identifier not found. It seems ...
[1 reply] : C++ compilers don't do look-ahead. All identifiers must be declared b... (by hanst99)
Using boost with qt

Hi guys I have an issue getting boost libraries to work with QT IDE. Here are relevant lines from my .pro file... INCLUDEPATH += c:/users/bob/desktop/boos...
[2 replies] Last: I do. I've got it working fine with other IDEs. (by elohssa)
by Clavas
Best way to compress a 2 way sideway scrolling shooter.

You are programming a sideways scrolling shooter. This used 2D cell based maps that are very long (over 100,000 characters per row long, 24 rows of 40 character...
[2 replies] Last: Well it was just a general question on one of my homework assignments. (by Clavas)
ERROR MESSAGE: Access violation reading location 0xccccccc8.

Hi i have been fighting with this for hours now and i can't seem to get it. i am getting the message Access violation reading location 0xccccccc8. when i try t...
[4 replies] Last: Wow i am so dumb. haha by changing the Person * crew = new [planeTyp... (by tag104367)
Trying to make a perimeter calculator!

Hello! I am working on a calculator. In this calculator I want to have a perimeter calculator. Everything was going good, until I wanted to get the perimeter!!!...
[4 replies] Last: Oh. Thanks for the help! =) EDIT: For an area calculator would I do t... (by CppCoder101)
Wheres the best location in cpp file or hpp file for a namespace declaration?

Hello been coding in C++ for 3 years using Notepad++ but still need some information so my question is wheres the best location for a namespace declaration? ...
[4 replies] Last: Awesome Thank You! :D , Header files always mostly for namespace decla... (by Noobscratcher)
by Veltas
BigInt class

Does anyone have a portable BigInt class written in C++? If you've got your own code I'll be sure to respect copyrights if any. What is a BigInt class, Velta...
[5 replies] Last: It comes with examples. Though you should also check out Boost as Cubb... (by LB)
Problem in filling int array using binary file

I am trying to do binary filling This is the Constructor code, you will see a couple of integer arrays: Doc::Doc ( int useridValue , string firstnameValue ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank You Very Much :) (by mtalhajamil)
C++ Program Help

I'm having some trouble with my output file. I want it to output such as this: James Reed 1/13/2010 Pay to: Home Depot $45.30 Fourty Five and 30/100 d...
[3 replies] Last: One issue is that you seem to have a return statement in your NumberSp... (by jlb)
Many smaller files make it run much faster?

When we split C++ program into smaller files, does it run faster during executing time? My experience is that it runs significantly faster. My workstation is ...
[5 replies] Last: I have seen significantly different speed executables generated depend... (by mik2718)
change _cdecl for Win32 switch to x64

Hi, I wrote a program based on Win32. Now I need to switch it to x64 to be capable to take benefit of x64's computing power. During the switch, there is one ...
[14 replies] Last: Oh, it's ok, no harm. I already have checked about building boost 1.... (by dekeenfrance)
Could someone explain pointers please?

Hi! I have watched quite a few C++ tutorial videos and a few text explanations, and one of the parts that always confuse me are pointers! But I may understand t...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=CppCoder101]So basically, with health2 pointing to the memory a... (by LB)
Clearing Screen

Hello all. I am having a problem with my c++ code. I am attempting to clear the text off of the command prompt screen in a text based game program. I put a rest...
[7 replies] Last: When I used system("cls"); it did not work, however when I added #i... (by yfactor)
Do-While Loop Error

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { int DAY1, QDAYS, DAYNUM, COL; //Intro cout << "ONE MONTH CALENDAR" ...
[2 replies] Last: Line 26: while ((DAY1 < 1) && (DAY1 > 7)) A number can't be less tha... (by Branflakes91093)
Print score in SDL with opengl using ostream??

hello friends i am using the following code to print in SDL screen SDL_GL_RenderText( timer, font, color, &position); sprintf(timer," Time : %d...
[1 reply] : std::ostringstream ss; ss << "Time: " << time; std::string timer = ss... (by LB)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 4243444546... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.