General C++ Programming - November 2012 (Page 10)

Linker Error: undefined reference to `vtable`

Hi! I am trying to compile and start testing an agent based simulation of a zombie apocalypse, however I use inheritance and I keep getting a linker error that ...
[2 replies] Last: The problem was I did not have an implementation of Human::Attack(Grid... (by bennigan88)
by NeoXxx
Help with writing a code

Hello I want to write the following equations in C++: Note: USI: UltraSonicSensorInput USIwidth: UltraSonicSensorInput distance x: distance travelled b...
[7 replies] Last: This should be close to what you want to do : void UpdateDistance( c... (by toum)
any help

I want program with flowchart and algorithem 1- write c++ program that converts a given number of inches into the equivalent length in centimeters by reading t...
[1 reply] : And how much will you be paying for this homework service you are tryi... (by webJose)
Object File I/O

Hello guys, I know how to do I/O with objects but I don't know if I can write in files an object such that I want to neglect some of the data of the object i.e,...
[no replies]
by ljs
references as attributes

dear all, sometimes when a class has attributes that are pointers, it can be confusing whether this object is responsible for deleting the object being poin...
[no replies]
by abera1
help with the function

function
[8 replies] Last: What result do you get? What result do you expect to get? We can't r... (by MikeyBoy)
by cech
Need C++ rows and columns program

Hello guys First of all to be clear I am not familiar with C/C++ so I need the full code of C++. I need a following program: To be a 100 columns and 20...
[1 reply] : This actually sounds like a very appropriate introductory problem for ... (by MikeyBoy)
parameterized function

Hi everyone, I am using a C++ library to simulate some physics. In order to do some batch processing, I need to generate automatically an array of function p...
[1 reply] : Maybe create your array statically, e.g. bool exampleFunc1 (doub... (by mik2718)
CODE int, string

What is the code to bring up an error message when someone types in a letter into an integer section in a console application?
[2 replies] Last: The extraction operator >> returns the stream you extracted from, and ... (by LB)
sting/integer

how to stop a string(letter) being entered into an integer? the outcome i want is a message saying "you cant enter that" how do i do that? eg the code i need th...
[5 replies] Last: that great thanks (by Rick Best)
Please help! R6010 -abort() has been called

Hi, The push_back of vectors for the first period works fine. But when I continue with period 2, surprise: R6010 -abort() has been called. Could someone...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. Actually, I just found out the reaso... (by dekeenfrance)
string class part two

So im building my own personal string class called DTSString but for some reason I couldnt get it to print on the standard output stream so i looked up overload...
[5 replies] Last: Nothing is going to "work" until you fix that constructor. You don't ... (by cire)
by kndmrl
How to fix this error?

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <cmath> using namespace std; void generateCoupon(int columnCount); void generateCoup...
[12 replies] Last: Whoops - my mistake. I get various programming languages confused some... (by LB)
Adding string to Dynamic Array

I have been working on this code for a dynamic array and we were inputting number, but now I need it to hold String. The program asks the user how many names yo...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you so much!!! (by Jessie W)
by TTT
OpenCV problem

Can someone give code for detecting profile face ??? This code works normal for frontal face when cascade == "haarcascade_frontalface_default.xml" CvRect de...
[no replies]
C2039 error that shouldn't be

I am getting an error that error C2039: 'iterator_category' : is not a member of 'City' the problem is, I'm not calling an iterator of any kind in my prog...
[8 replies] Last: Okay, it was the distance call that was messing things up. Thanks guys... (by Jakman217)
Friend classes in seperate header files

I am struggling to enable friendship between two classes in separate header files for a banking program. I am attempting to get the Person class to use variabl...
[4 replies] Last: Good work ne555 - you found the red herring!!! (by TheIdeasMan)
Help with pause statement.

My program i'snt taking the statement after the pause function properly. in my program when i pause the program at the begining of the program to prevent the...
[4 replies] Last: 1- for(pause=0;pause<100000;pause++) Most likely the compiler will... (by Imadatobanisa)
by doon
Queues

During the power crisis in New Zealand this winter (caused by a shortage of rain and hence low levels in the hydro dams), a contingency scheme was developed to...
[13 replies] Last: thanku all (by doon)
Digit Carry problem with adding Arrays

Hello there! To start, this thread may not be quite "General Programming" Material, however I posted it on the beginner forums a while ago, and apparently on...
[8 replies] Last: Hello. It is not bad thing to understand, and I feel a little sorry a... (by kg1992)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 89101112... 51
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.