General C++ Programming - October 2015 (Page 5)

What's the word for "left or right" ?

I can't seem to google the answer. For example, parity is the word for odd or even. Because of the repeated patterns for all the left and right actions in b...
[11 replies] Last: State writher/writhe technology would indeed be an interesting way of... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
brute force attack. need help with this assigment

create a program that will do a brute force attack to crack passwords. program should ask user for a password and program should fin the password. experiment wi...
[8 replies] Last: thanks all. its really helpful (by triplef00)
Opening and processing many text files.

Hello, I am almost on my last leg with an assignment. I have 10 thousand text files, each with a random amount of chars. I need a program that opens each text f...
[2 replies] Last: $ ./a.out *.txt Then you will have the filenames on argv (where K ... (by ne555)
Need help on Clue game

Hello! I need help fixing this clue game. #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; int rightguy(char ans); int rightweap(char ans); int right...
[3 replies] Last: Line 15: Move this line inside your loop (line 18). You don't clear... (by AbstractionAnon)
Finding how many same strings are in an array:)

Hey, so i came across this little problem today. I cant figure the best way to find how many same strings are in an array. I tried checking every second string ...
[5 replies] Last: @JLBorges Wow, thanks. I'll check this, for sure! :)) (by matkenis)
how can I Inherit from 2 classes?

how can I Inherit from 2 classes I have 3 classes derive 1 , derive 2, derive 3; derive 2 Inherit from derive 1; derive 3 also Inherit from derive 1 and deriv...
[9 replies] Last: ur welcome (by Ericool)
c++ to solve the maze...Please help

I am asked to complete a recursive function given only its function name[find_path_basic (int row, int col, char maze ] to solve the maze. I tried to write the...
[2 replies] Last: You never test your recursive calls to see if they succeeded. The who... (by AbstractionAnon)
how to do switchs correctly

how do you make the switch work with this program. please and thank you. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cha...
[8 replies] Last: you do know that 'a' to 'z' and 'A' to 'Z' are continuous values in th... (by Ericool)
by vinny1
Fahrenheit to Celsius output problem

I'm having trouble finishing up this part of my project. I supposed have created a multi dimensional array that got 10 random numbers and then treated as they ...
[2 replies] Last: @vinny1 Seem to me, that your array of ma on line 5, is way too small... (by whitenite1)
Procedural programming paradigm GUI HELP!

Hi can you explain to me and also if its possible give me some negatives and positives? evaluate the suitability of procedural programs for graphical app...
[no replies]
Questions I can not find

Can anyone explain what a lost object is in c++? The difference between NULL and NIL? and How does heap management work?
[12 replies] Last: Nil is for pseudocode , null or NULL refer to a pointer but you can us... (by Ericool)
Boolean Stack evaluation

Write a program in C++ to evaluate boolean expressions. The input expressions for this program will use the operations &&, ||, and ! (the "not" operation.) The ...
[1 reply] : Note that many of the operators consist of two characters so they can'... (by Peter87)
so im stuck

Basically I have burned out my brain doing 4 other problems just fine and I have no idea what so ever how to begin or even do this problem. Write a functi...
[3 replies] Last: Please wrap your code in the appropriate tags. http://www.cplusplu... (by integralfx)
by tnt980
persistence how to make user input

how would i make this where the user puts in a number instead of having a default number #include <iostream> #include <sstream> us...
[5 replies] Last: If you listen to my advice, and remove you, you will have to put std:... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by dzenis
Guess the number game homework

So my homework is to edit this code. I need to make it so that the player can have limited tries for ex. the player can only have 3 tries, if he fails the game ...
[3 replies] Last: And listen, we don't do your homework. It's YOUR mission to learn at c... (by closed account 1vD3vCM9)
by Durpo
Question regarding reading and writing from/to file

#include etc. using std::etc int main (int argc, char** argv) { ifstream inputFileStream; ofstream outputFileStream; string one, two, three, four, fi...
[2 replies] Last: That should get you to understand the basics. If it's not enough, sear... (by closed account 1vD3vCM9)
Programming question

Hello. I am a beginner in programming and wanted to know if someone can help. I have no idea what I am doing or where to even start. If anyone can help me on wh...
[12 replies] Last: Looks pretty good. One small point, cin doesn't display the user input... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Searching through Vector MyContainer

I am a No0b so please forgive my idiotic questions I may have. I am learning about Polymorphism, Classes/Objects, and vectors(containers). So, my professor deci...
[3 replies] Last: I cannot figure out how I am going to search the words that are being... (by kbw)
cMake error. GMP (BIG NUM)

Hi I have the following code. #include <iostream> #include <gmp.h> #include <gmpxx.h> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello, Worl...
[no replies]
Web server - Dynamic page loading/compiling

Hello, I'm currently building a small, lightweight web server which won't be used commercially (only educational/fun). The webserver exposes functions...
[2 replies] Last: That's a good point, thanks! (by thefatshizms)
October 2015 Pages: 1... 34567... 27
  Archived months: [sep2015] [nov2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.