General C++ Programming - October 2018 (Page 4)

Paramerize constructor

How we call parameterize constructor which is taking input from user
[1 reply] : type object_name ( parameters... ); (by ne555)
Chef and Periodic Sequence

What is the logic to solve this problem? Let's define a periodic infinite sequence S (0-indexed) with period K using the formula Si=(i%K)+1. Chef has foun...
[1 reply] : Competetive programming https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Competitive-Pro... (by Thomas1965)
Algorithm design using conditional statements

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Algorithm design using conditional statements Exercise 2. Complete the following program so that it reads three test scor...
[1 reply] : https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=max+of+three+numbers+c%2B%2... (by Thomas1965)
by PacR
How to get values from array of const char?

Hello i'm making a program witch calculates age gap of humans. I need to pass name and birthday to my Human class and i can't figure out how. Here is my code:...
[8 replies] Last: Still where are you allocating memory for those pointers? The code yo... (by jlb)
QT undefined reference to VTable

Hi guys, I am getting aUser\Documents\doHttpTwo\main.cpp:15: error: undefined reference to `vtable for Downloader' error when I try to build my project in QT, ...
[3 replies] Last: It is a known issue with GCC and with Qt. https://stackoverflow.com/q... (by Duthomhas)
NEED HELP IN PERIODIC

Let's define a periodic infinite sequence S (0-indexed) with period K using the formula Si=(i%K)+1. Chef has found a sequence of positive integers A with len...
[1 reply] : anyone please give some hint to solve this problem (by cool123dude)
Hashtable to convert decrypt message

I'm trying to convert Morse code to the alphabet and numbers. So I have an encrypted message that I got from a file. I've created a hash table of morse code and...
[1 reply] : What I'm having trouble with is decrypting a whole string of morse co... (by Thomas1965)
PLEASE HELP

i have a project due in two days and im having an issue with my array, i need to have the user enter the data into the array, and that part works perfectly, but...
[1 reply] : The variable j is not an array. What is the code suppose to do? #inc... (by chicofeo)
NEED HELP IN ARRGRAPH

You are given a sequence of integers A1,A2,…,AN. You may change any number of its elements (possibly zero), obtaining a new sequence of positive integers B1,B...
[2 replies] Last: Double-posting is not going to entice people to reply, just FYI. http... (by helios)
Please help me out!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME BY TELLING THE DIFFERNCES IN THE TWO CODES IM SUBMITTING BELOW IN THE FIRST CODE I GET A GARBAGE VALUE,BUT IN THE SECOND CODE I GET THE REQUIRE...
[1 reply] : Your asking why this one doesn't work: void Total :: total_of_three_... (by tpb)
Changing Binary to Morse code

I'm trying to convert my code from binary to morse code. So what I want to do is read two bits at a time then use the key I've created to change the zeros and o...
[3 replies] Last: i is going through the sequence 8, 6, 4, 2. b8 is indexed by i-1 and ... (by tpb)
ascii art

How to used or generate ascii as output art in c++? Thanks!
[2 replies] Last: Ascii art, as the name suggests, is an art, not a science. How you wan... (by Ganado)
Accessing object in an object?

Hi guys, so I'm new in OO C++ programming. Lets say I have two objects - object A and object B defined at global scope in main.cpp file. If I want to Access fun...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, please post your complete code. The error you post and the code... (by doug4)
C++ convert function to unsigned char array

How to convert function to unsigned char array (*void pointer) I'm sorry if I do not understand correctly what is *void pointer For example i have functions...
[5 replies] Last: Well, a pointer to a function is not different from any other pointer.... (by coder777)
How to handle wrong type of input in switch statement

Hello! My program runs successfully but when the user enters characters the program exits. I want to give the user another try and go back to while statement. ...
[1 reply] : bool stop = false; do { switch … default { … etc stop = true; /... (by jonnin)
Encryption Program Help!!

The program instructions are as follows: For years, the Radio Orphan Annie's Secret Society has entrusted their members with special Little Orphan Annie deco...
[5 replies] Last: To test your program, I modified it to create decode(char ch) whose jo... (by dhayden)
Encryption Program Help!

For years, the Radio Orphan Annie's Secret Society has entrusted their members with special Little Orphan Annie decoder pins so that they can decode secret mess...
[1 reply] : Duplicate of: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/244316/ Please ... (by MikeyBoy)
Code converter

Hello! I'm new on forum and sorry if i created this nonsense topic. I searched on google and didn't find anything. I don't know what kind of code is this ...
[4 replies] Last: What is the filename extension of the file? (e.g. .docx, .bin, .pdf,... (by lastchance)
Strncpy Error

Im receiving a error C4996 and says it is unsafe to use "strncpy", how can I fix this?
[5 replies] Last: That strncpy is unsafe and deprecated is Microsoft's own opinion, it s... (by Thomas1965)
by stfs97
MAIN LAB 5 - HOT PLATE

Hi! I'm working with 2-D arrays and my output for the final plate is off. Ex: 49.874 is supposed to be 49.815 Part 1 - Initialize and Print 2D Array (20 po...
[3 replies] Last: @stfs97 You haven't actually stated why you think your answer is "wron... (by lastchance)
October 2018 Pages: 123456... 10
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.