General C++ Programming - September 2014 (Page 3)

Good Direct2D tutorial out there?

So, after the past week or so I have been searching for a good 2D game programming book / tutorial in Direct2D. Why D2D, you ask, and not SFML, or SDL? Well, I ...
[13 replies] Last: I would imagine. In OpenGL you do it by setting the transformation mat... (by helios)
How to add spaces to this output?

I want to separate this binary string every 4 characters..I am trying to get a better understanding of how variables are stored in memory and I am looking at th...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <bitset> #include <cstdint> #include <li... (by JLBorges)
by S G H
Going crazy behind OpenGL (1,2)

I'm trying to solve a run-time error since a lot of time (around three or four months?) The crash point is at glDrawElements, a SegFault, and the binary code s...
[21 replies] Last: If you're asking for my code, it's way too much to be posted easily an... (by S G H)
by RRW
Opinions on simple Gaming Project

Hey everybody . I have a computer science project due in about two months. I want to do a simple space game. features: - A main menu - a singl...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks miinipaa ...i appreciate your help (by RRW)
BigInteger Class

This is my code so far. I was wondering if anyone would offer any advice on what I have or what I should do. I'm trying to get two numbers longer than long long...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=MiiNiPaa]first of all 8 in your formula is technically wrong. U... (by a k n)
please help me it doesnt work , i dont know whats wrong

4. Write a program that reads positive integers until a –1 is entered. Once input terminates, the program should report the total number of even numbers enter...
[5 replies] Last: @cire thanks for info. sorry for not being good at expressing my er... (by deepestblue)
i need your help :(

hi we have this homework which involves an input of a username and password. i figured i should use string because there are letters involved. i was playing aro...
[1 reply] : You need to use strcmp() to compare strings. (by helios)
Programming Assignment - I dont understand what he wants me to do?

Design a computer programming experiment in C++ to determine what happens when a variable of type int is incremented above its range or decremented below its r...
[7 replies] Last: Im just a beginner, He wont let me turn all of this in like that. He p... (by Corey21Woods)
question about boost::multi_index_container

I used to use map to access elements. map has a good feature that it sort the element automatically. Now I need a map which can access element through multiple ...
[3 replies] Last: > re the elements sorted according to the first key, > then the eleme... (by JLBorges)
Birthday Program

Hello, I have an assignment in which i must create a program which prompts for user input of current and birth date, which will compare said dates and output i...
[1 reply] : In the class, you have the month as type int. Instead, try having it a... (by sherre02)
overload delete[] operator with specific arguments

We're trying to overload the delete operator with specific arguments. Which is the right way to call it? We use the GNU compiler and obtain compiler errors wit...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much cire for your time and your answer :D (by ncomputersorg)
C++ Dictionary

I would like to make a dictionary in C++, but I do not know what kind of coding would be used for a program like this. If anyone could point me in the right dir...
[no replies]
by poteto
Boost asio multicast, but through the internet.

For these examples: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_56_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/cpp03/multicast/ I got them to work, but I found out that they're only f...
[1 reply] : Never mind, multicast cant be used over the internet, or it's not gene... (by poteto)
HELP!!

I am inventing a product that requires my own Internet Browser. This is probably the most difficult situation throughout all of the process of my invention. Can...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks ill look into it (by JBossman)
'Native' C++ string performance

I am not a fan of string classes, even though I have written several of my own. Especially when programming Windows I feel the hassle of having to expose the c...
[9 replies] Last: > Each thread might have its own copy of the string thinking it can ma... (by JLBorges)
c++ - how use GDIPLUS library?

i'm trying use the GDIPLUS library. i did the include and i add the library to link options. but the image isn't showed: hdcimage = CreateCompatibleDC(NULL); ...
[15 replies] Last: using Image, can i get\set the pixels colors or i must use the Bitmap? (by Cambalinho)
by Kubani
Debugger in visual studio

Hi, When I would work on C++ Win32 console application s I would use of F11 for step into and F10 for step over in debugger ( DEBUG tab of visual s...
[8 replies] Last: I don't know what do you mean by entry point but if you mean entering ... (by Kubani)
by heepoo
passing data structures to function pointers and get there values

hi all, please see this example and say what should i do typedef struct example_dt_struct { int a; float b; char* c; }; typedef void(*func)(example_dt...
[5 replies] Last: In my example func is a typedef. (by MiiNiPaa)
Threading with Inheritence

I've made a background worker which uses a queue to hold events. If an event is added, a conditional notifies the worker to started processing events until the...
[2 replies] Last: Am I understanding correctly? Indeed. That is an interesting idea, ... (by Lowest0ne)
by poteto
Boost pTree json parser, how does it work?

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_56_0/boost/property_tree/json_parser.hpp I think that this example is well documented, but I don't know how to approach it. ...
[2 replies] Last: Got that xml parser to json very easily. Lot more easier than I expec... (by poteto)
September 2014 Pages: 12345... 28
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.