General C++ Programming - September 2014 (Page 5)

by jodytj
Run time error.

//I am needing some help figuring out what I am doing wrong. //Quadratic.h //---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #in...
[15 replies] Last: Hi, Be very careful with double variables, they are not stored exactl... (by TheIdeasMan)
Getting name of file

Just a quick question. How can I find the name of a file? like "test.txt" or "chrome.exe"
[3 replies] Last: just ask your question in the same thread next time. (by jasonwynn10)
ALLEGRO and Box2D

Hello people! i'm making some tests with Box2D and ALLEGRO. but, i'm having a error, all it's ok in time of compile, but in the time of run the error begin. ...
[no replies]
Getting program version of google chrome

hello, I'm trying to make a program that checks if chrome is up to date. i came up with this code: code]#include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> void getversio...
[9 replies] Last: I feel your pain here OP, this is because specifically Google Chrome a... (by Computergeek01)
program #1

Need assistance with this HW assignment. I know my code to output is incorrect Here is the program requirements... Practice Exercise #1 Program Input ...
[no replies]
Custom Web Browser

Hi, Guys so i'm stuck in a situation. I NEED HELP . ive came up with an idea that INVOLVES me creating a fully custom web browser FROM SCRATCH . Yes thi...
[5 replies] Last: Check out WebKit for some ideas. Webkit is an engine used for render... (by Stewbond)
Logging in multiple files

Hi guys, I am working on one application that requires extensive logging so I want to create a log file of each day during execution. I tried easylogging...
[1 reply] : Do you mean something like this?: #ifndef EZ_LOGGING #define EZ_LOGG... (by Computergeek01)
Enum and Namespace mystery

Hi Friends, Am trying to work with enum + namespaces combined, I landed into some confusing problems, your clear explanation will help me understand this con...
[8 replies] Last: Omg amazing, thanks a million JLBorges... Gosh its so intimidating... ... (by sansoftaus)
Stack.h and Stack.cpp

Hi i am really struggling with this assignment and am not really sure how to begin. so we have to create a file Stack.cpp that will contain all the methods decl...
[15 replies] Last: That code is fine. Just remove the inline keyword and move the code f... (by kbw)
Can't figure out what to do with this code

I have to write this card game, SCAT or 51, using pointers and structs. I have to read in the deck from a file and read in the players from a separate file. I c...
[1 reply] : What exactly is the first thing that's not working properly? (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Why is read() not blocking or why is write() sending blanks?

**This is for HW** A little background on my project. I am writing a client/server program. My client is to spawn my server process and then send a filename and...
[no replies]
Header file list so ugly

When loading external map files the tilemap class loads each object from a string in a ObjectFactory map I set up. Even though they all inherit from 1 class it...
[10 replies] Last: Bump. Even after reading many articles on Composition/Entity design I... (by Hippogriff)
by Chubby
I need on making a make file

I am try to make a makefile. but didnt work i type touch makefile ---> makefile create ----> in the makefile i write this CC = gcc CFLAGS = -g -Wall ...
[1 reply] : I don't think you can start each line with 3 spaces like you have. (by Peter87)
Does this have a mem leak?

This is some quick code I wrote for demonstrative purpose...Not for efficiency or anything like that..just my "disclaimer" #include <iostream> using namespac...
[2 replies] Last: cool thanks haha crazy mem leak there! Im new to creating an array of ... (by novellof)
HELP! generating number and high or low game.

•Menu driven system to play 1 of two guessing games or exit the game all together. •In the 1st game, the user thinks of a number between 1 and 100. The sy...
[3 replies] Last: you need to start us with something to work with... And not "Hello Wor... (by jasonwynn10)
help with this

Write a program which stores 10 decimal numbers in an array. For these numbers accept input from the users. Once the array is populated do the followings: Di...
[1 reply] : No need to double post :) http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/14324... (by wildblue)
How to write a student grade book

HI! Im having trouble trying to figure out how to write a program that can calculate just one student's grade. My professor gave me some pseudo-code to help me ...
[2 replies] Last: are you going to show any actual code? (by jasonwynn10)
dynamically allocate memory to struct

et me start by saying I know this is a funky way to program, but my teacher is requiring us to go about it this way. also: I CANT use std::string, classes, ...
[1 reply] : while(fin.good()) { for(deckPointer=&deckHome ;deckPointer<&deckHome ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Chubby
Counting Word

a program to count the number of occurrences of words in a passage. The program will read white-space separated words from a file, convert all words to a ...
[no replies]
by jasmcf
setw issue, how to go about it?

I am trying to set the width of the data values which the user will input when using the program but I don't know how to get it to show the values when I tryto ...
[2 replies] Last: I think you are using setw properly, but you are printing garbage. Q1... (by doug4)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 34567... 28
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.