Any Ladies on Here?

Pages: 12345... 10
hey, im a femenist, I know more than you :P

Speaking of "glass ceilings", numerous studies have been done on the subject. It is a provable fact that women make less money than men do in the US. Granted it's unlikely that all of that is due to gender discrimination... a sizable portion of it must be... and there is evidence which strongly suggests discrimination is a significant factor.

Sfunny I worked for an agency and they asked me ig I knew anyone looking for a job, I mentioned a friend who was female she said no, I said she worked for a demolition company and we done plenty of tarmacking together she still said no! I said I could get references she still said no! you know why?

there aren't many women working on building sites for similar reasons women don't wind up being CEO's and some.

did you know that CEO's are also a lot taller than the average tallness?

Did you know that women cost more in pensions? you know why?

I have read about rape culture and reclaiming the word "rape" and the writers who write about it ARE psudo femenists, rape culture is a joke of an idea and more of a marketing thing to sell books rather than genuine sociology or anything that will help equality freedom and understanding around the world.

Your doing what people do when it comes to feminism and racism, presume that because your a moral person that you have a better understanding of it than a twisted individual such as myself.

Last edited on
devonrevenge wrote:
I said I could get references she still said no! you know why?

You mean your friend didn't want to apply for the job? I'm assuming she said no because she didn't want that job?

Not sure what this has to do with women consistently making less money than men for the same job.

there aren't many women working on building sites for similar reasons women don't wind up being CEO's and some.

I know that women and men are different... and that men will gravitate more towards certain fields than women will. But men and women who work in the same field should be treated equally. Currently, there is a lot of evidence to suggest that is not the case.

did you know that CEO's are also a lot taller than the average tallness?

I fail to see what that has to do with anything. Do tall people tend to get paid more than short people?

Did you know that women cost more in pensions? you know why?

No I didn't. Why? (typically after these rhetorical questions I would expect an answer ;P )

I have read about rape culture and reclaiming the word "rape" and the writers who write about it ARE psudo femenists, rape culture is a joke of an idea and more of a marketing thing to sell books rather than genuine sociology or anything that will help equality freedom and understanding around the world.

Do you remember the Steubenville trial a few years ago?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57574728-504083/steubenville-rape-trial-verdict-judge-finds-both-teens-guilty-of-raping-16-year-old-girl/

That brought it to the limelight... but it's not exactly rare. There's an entire subculture where this is the status quo. It didn't even dawn on those kids that they had done anything wrong.

And really... the only reason they got caught was because they took pictures and put them on the net. If not for that, it probably would have gone unnoticed.

Your doing what people do when it comes to feminism and racism, presume that because your a moral person that you have a better understanding of it than a twisted individual such as myself.

I guess you might be right about that.
Last edited on
closed account (o1vk4iN6)

What correlation could you possibly conform between women not working at physically demanding jobs and women not being CEOs ?
YES! Tall people in america and Europe are actually paid slightly more on average!!

women cost more in pensions because they live longer, a common reason for not getting the posh office job with the good pension.

My friend did want the job, the agency didn,t want men mixing with women at work!!! they thought it would be a liability of some kind, thats why im worried about "rape culture" , like some femenists want to make crying rape falsely not a crime, in order to encourage women not to be scared to sue!

and then what about male rape? that's a lot more common than people realize and in some cities its higher than female rape! plus prison, is that rape culture? theres a lot of rape in prison?

then theres hairdressers, they wouldnt cut my GFs hair at a barbers, even though she pretty much wanted a standard mans haircut, this is because men will pay less than women where women can pay more! whats the correlations you ask? well its accepted inequality that no one cares about, the point is that not all these arguments are valid, that femenists are venting anger and hate and not doing anything good for their cause.

What correlation could you possibly conform between women not working at physically demanding jobs and women not being CEOs ?

Simple,CEO is a physically demanding job of another kind; you have to be aggressive and imposing to be a CEO, that is why they are taller, gentle people fail at cut throut jobs, women tend to be gentler and not used to the same kind of mind games, you could say thats not true but they are, it may even be down to differences in the sexes and not culture, it may even be...testosterone!

But the most important thing about the feminists glass ceiling issue is this...why does everyone care about the poor potential CEO? what about the many millions of women who are let down by a lot more common things, if anything the CEO issue detracts from reality.

reality really needs to be spliced in to the modern feminist movement, its turning into a sell out industry.

Do you remember the Steubenville trial a few years ago?

yes this was awful we had a worse thing recently;
here http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/rosamund-urwin-the-girl-was-13-she-cannot-egg-on-her-abuser-8751646.html

Its not "rape culture" Its plain old patriarchal society laden with arseholes.
Last edited on
Wow! This derailed pretty well in two days. I was just kind of curious, not to single them out or anything, I guess this could be seen as that but I was just curious.
Wow! This derailed pretty well in two days. I was just kind of curious, not to single them out or anything, I guess this could be seen as that but I was just curious.

Well, where there's a mob of whiteknights, there's probably some ladies too.
twiggystardust wrote:
This derailed pretty well in two days.

Damn! Two days?! That is slow, we normally have them derail in the lounge on the first day. Guys, we are slipping! *cries*

Don't have time for a full reply, but...

devonrevenge wrote:
Its not "rape culture" Its plain old patriarchal society laden with arseholes.

To-may-to, to-mah-to. We're talking about the same thing, whereas you're just referring to it as "patriarchal" and I'm referring to it as "male dominated" and/or "objectification of women" and/or "rape culture".

The central point of the issue is that many (though not all, and I doubt even the majority of) boys are raised in a way which depicts this as normal behavior. That's what "rape culture" is.

There was some study done that I read a while back... I'd have to look at it again to confirm and to make sure the source wasn't hogwash... but the jist of it was that a bunch of men were interviewed and something like 60% admitted to behavior that the law defined as rape, but that they did not think was rape. I'll try and remember to dig that up when I get home.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
The central point of the issue is that many (though not all, and I doubt even the majority of) boys are raised in a way which depicts this as normal behavior. That's what "rape culture" is.
Since when was rape considered a normal thing? It's only normal in prison...

lel
have you heard what a majority of south african men (i think this was st petersburg) you would think it would be something more like australia (which has some of the highest kidnappings!)

were fucked up animals.

@lumpkin, true, good point.
Last edited on
devonrevenge wrote:
south african men (i think this was st petersburg)

Since when was St. Petersburg in South Africa?

I think you mean Johannesburg...
devonrevenge wrote:
australia (which has some of the highest kidnappings!)

Lies, statistics, and media that quotes statistics without understanding that a different countries report noncomparable values.
Since when was rape considered a normal thing? It's only normal in prison...

Well that's the thing with rape culture. The people in the culture don't recognize what they're doing as rape. They think it's perfectly fine.
Last edited on
yup Johannesburg lol, i wanted to go to the diamond museum in st petersburg, im gonna eat me a faberge egg.
chrisname wrote:
I'm talking about that minority of girls who play video games that make a big point of telling everyone they're girls as if it's impressive that they play video games. Especially when they then follow it up with "but don't hit on me". This is what Cheraphy was getting at.

I have several female gamers friends and I know for a fact that three of them make a big deal they are girls and have it end with "but don't hit on me". Lisa, has that on her profile for a few games, and in the game I played with her before she joined the Army, she was in the top 3 players in our guilds and usually the top player in console FPSs. She pawns my ass in Starcraft 1 and 2 on a regular basis.

Also, in male dominate area such as playing games it is impressive. Just like it is impressive to meet female programmer due to it being a male dominate business.

devonrevenge wrote:
there aren't many women working on building sites for similar reasons women don't wind up being CEO's and some

You sound anti-feminist. Fact is that there are a lot of female CEOs who start their own companies and end up successful. I follow a few on Twitter that are in the programming field, and the new series Modern Dads, one of the husbands is married to a woman that is CEO of an IT startup company.

Lumpkin wrote:

Since when was rape considered a normal thing?

It isn't a normal thing. The rapists have warped mentality, same as pedophiles. I've heard rapists use the logic of "Well she was dressed provocative so she wanted it." or "When women say no, they mean yes." Criminals break the norm, but mentally justify it, even in prison.
Still I think that general human liberty is a bigger issue than femenism at the moment, its all very well in the fifties when ideas about men and women were extreme, but now awarness of what is happening to our liberty is too low wheres a views on the differences of the sexes are milder.

We are about to have a firewall placed around the internet like china has in the UK!

and our government is using anti terror laws to detain journalism exactly like the stasi did.

people are going to prison on terrorism charges for joking about things too close to the bone on facebook even if they add "only joking" at the end they still get done for making terror threats! scared of criticism much?

new laws are making it illegal to protest, people in the UK can now be arrested without having to have broken a specific law.

Its now an imprison-able offence in the UK to receive money to advertise criticism of the government; https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/speakout/gagging-bill-write-to-mps charities that critisize the government have been criminalized.

Face it this isnt all just a coincidence, what is it thats making all this happen though?

femenism isnt the number one issue here just yet, the new in-equalities are about wealth and class and being a prol is bad.
Last edited on
BHXSpecter wrote:
Also, in male dominate area such as playing games it is impressive.

Not really. Girls play games as much as men do, it's just that girls are more likely to play flash games as well as puzzle games and time wasters on a phone whereas men tend to be more invested and thus more likely to buy expensive AAA games and games consoles. Besides that, basically every girl I know plays video games at least on occasion. I don't know any who play totally rad hardcore Xstr33m 2deep4u games like Dark Souls like I do (snarf snarf), but I know a lot of girls who like games like Castlevania and LoZ.

Anyway, being a girl and doing something that not a lot of other girls do is not impressive. I don't think even those girls who are into it for the right reasons - because they simply like it - would want to be thought of as "special" or "impressive" just for playing games while simultaneously owning a vagina. Actually I think that's exactly the kind of backwards thinking we should be avoiding. These girls don't want their gender to define them, they want to be considered on their own identity, their skills and their personality. So no, it's not impressive to be a girl gamer, it's every bit as mundane as being a male gamer.

As for the attention-seeking girls I was talking about... the fact that they're girls isn't any more important than the fact that most of the obscenely racist people you meet on video games are men. They have the same problem - being a fucking asshole - it just tends to manifest differently partly depending on gender.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
I just found this on reddit.com/r/programming, seemed pretty relevant:

https://www.usenix.org/blog/my-daughters-high-school-programming-teacher

And the related comment thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1m2paq/to_my_daughters_high_school_programming_teacher/
Here you can find all the ladies.

http://community.babycenter.com/

evil manga.
Pages: 12345... 10