Public wishlist for cplusplus.com

Pages: 1... 34567... 16
http://www.cplusplus.com/user/twicker/ wrote:
Nice hack, EssGeEich. I'll try to fix these bugs next week, but no promises on new features for now...
Nice hack, EssGeEich.
Nice hack, EssGeEich.

I'm done with this. <3

There goes my contribution, Quote button for Chrome:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83943521/publicaccess/Files/CplusplusQuoteButton.crx

(If there is no Quote button, make sure you can see your Reply button on the bottom of your page! It may take a bit to quote a post because it needs to download the un-encoded post!)

Installation:
Download file to the desktop
Open Extension page ( chrome://extensions/ )
Drag-and-Drop!
Last edited on
Awesome! Thanks for this EssGeEich!

EDIT: Had to remove your quoted post, the forum software still doesn't support nested quotes.

EDIT: Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/B5QdiSv.png
(Taken on my school computer)

EDIT: Also, note that it only works on the last page of a thread (the page that has the reply button and reply box code) - I guess the only work around would be to do something crazy with the edit post box, but I think it's fine to only have it work on the last page of the thread. And besides, we can still get the source of a post with the hack.
Last edited on
Hmm... looking nice... did you create the button image yourself SGH?
Like all the buttons, it is the button background image with text on top and an image icon in the top left. The image icon used is the same one used for the Post New Topic button and the Post New Reply button.
Last edited on
Thanks, I didn't know that.
groovy
Catfish3 wrote:
I see you're doing your best to be a jackass and to derail this thread.

Oh well. I guess it served its purpose.

Well I don't have to do anything to be a jackass, just a natural thing to me. Though, I don't derail the threads, the derailment comes when someone replies to my remark.

For example, if I posted a post that Monkeys fly out of my butt once every two hours. So long as no one replies to it, I'm not derailing the thread. If you comment on it then the thread is derailed, until then it is just some oddball making posts.

@EssGeEich Nice. Doesn't seem to work on Chromium, but still nice.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
BHXSpecter wrote:
For example, if I posted a post that Monkeys fly out of my butt once every two hours. So long as no one replies to it, I'm derailing the thread. If you comment on it then the thread is derailed, until then it is just some oddball making posts.
I you think want reword to that...
@Catfish3: It follows EXACTLY the cplusplus.com's CSS style file. So if the REPLY button changes, the Quote button should reflect all the changes, as long as its style class does not change name.

Making it simple: It's a Reply button clone who just acts differently.
I like the fact you appreciate it :D

@BHXSpecter: I know really few about Chromium... I only use Chrome.
Are you talking about Chromium OS or some Google browser I haven't tried?

Because if it's simple enough, I may want to convert it.

Awkward how the Chromium Extension Developer page redirects me to Chrome Extension Developer page. Any info about that maybe?

To all the curious ones:
The .crx file is a zipped file containing all the source files/extension icon I provided myself, plus a unique plugin key to update it.
So, for new Chrome extension developers, feel free to unzip it.
The trick is done into the js/code.js file.

Oh, just noticed:
L B wrote:
Also, note that it only works on the last page of a thread (the page that has the reply button and reply box code)

Yep, I know that, but the reason why I did it is because
L B wrote:
the only work around would be to do something crazy with the edit reply post box.
[...]
And besides, we can still get the source of a post with the hack.

See above ^^
Last edited on
LB wrote:
I you think want reword to that...

Yeah fixed it, didn't realize I dropped out 'not' while I was typing it.

@EssGeEich: I've never messed with finding the exact differences, but for the most part I think Chromium is just the Linux version of Chrome. Though it apparently functions differently.
Dedicated homework button.

When I see a post like:
tehLazyStudent wrote:
Hi, I have a program to write. Here's the entire brief. I'm too lazy to learn howto do this myself, may I employ your free time and skills, good sir?

I want a huge homework button. With a biohazard sign on it. When I press it I want red lights to flash and alarms to sound. With a customisable reply of my choice, written in a bold, red typeface, size 72.

Thanks.

P.S. - The button needs to be yellow. Otherwise it's pointless.
Last edited on
In Ubuntu it would not let me drag-drop the extension to install, I had to extract it and check developer options (on extension page) and click load unpacked extension and it works.

Edit: Very nice feature, but I personally think every post in a thread should have the button not just the last page.
Last edited on
Im going to make you all a devonrevenge button its gonna be awsome.
Im going to make you all a devonrevenge button its gonna be awsome.

But then you'd be depressed all of the time.
How about a spoonlicker button -- which automatically reports all posts in the thread?
@Cire - very droll sir

@Catfish - I was going to say that but I thought you would shout at me, it would just be a report button as spoonlicker as the reason.
Last edited on
Didn't check the topic from some time... IDK why it didn't show up as NEW.
Anyways:
iHutch105 wrote:
The button needs to be yellow. Otherwise it's pointless.

Sadly this should be a picture, linked from the css style file, and I cannot change its colour. Unless I edit it manually and pack it with the extension.
naraku9333 wrote:
Very nice feature, but I personally think every post in a thread should have the button not just the last page.

@twicker:
Very nice feature the Reply one, but I personally think every post in a thread should have the button not just the last page.

naraku9333 wrote:
In Ubuntu it would not let me drag-drop the extension to install, I had to extract it and check developer options (on extension page) and click load unpacked extension and it works.

Kinda weird. Maybe they have two different crx formats?
It seems hyperlinks in posts are completely broken.

For those with modern browsers, just select the link (you can triple-left-click if it is on its own line) and right-click -> open <link> (at least it works in Chrome, I assume other modern browsers have equally excellent support)
EssGeEich wrote:
Kinda weird. Maybe they have two different crx formats?

No, I was able to copy it into Chromium under Ubuntu 12.10 with no problem. Just not showing anything in the page when I load the last page.
@twicker It seems the report button has been removed from the first post of every thread - that's not really a good fix.
Pages: 1... 34567... 16