Lounge - May 2015 (Page 2)

do you believe that a Physics course will help a computer science major?

The title explains itself.
[3 replies] Last: There are a lot of things you can do under the umbrella of computer sc... (by htirwin)
Do my homework. Times Infinity plus one. (1,2)

Is it just me, or has this kind of thing become more common? I mean, I know it has always existed since the very beginning, but lately it seems that I am ignori...
[29 replies] Last: To be honest, I've noticed that plenty of people who ask for help in ... (by Ceset)
Deleted post

Nvm.
[no replies]
Make C/C++ team online

Anyone want to make a C/C++ team online? I don't know where to start.
[5 replies] Last: [quote=IWishIKnew]Is that group still active? I also think that sound... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Paranoid conspiracy theorist...or am I?

As many members of this community know, I was previously employed for YEARS as a welder / mechanic while pursuing computer science as a mere hobby with the occa...
[5 replies] Last: Glad to hear your doing (close to) what you love- hope that opens lots... (by ultifinitus)
What is the most universal scripting language?

Regardless of platform, what is the most common or universal scripting language? By scripting language, I mean anything that is written in plain text, gets proc...
[18 replies] Last: @htirwin - human spam bots exist now...they're called marketeers. The... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
If Life is a Macro Neural Network, What are we Converging Towards?

Loosely speaking one could view life itself as a neural network, literally on the micro scale and more figuratively on the macro scale. We have diseases, mutati...
[2 replies] Last: we are still ultimately being fine tuned by something in order to con... (by helios)
Dreaming in Code (1,2)

I know everyone dreams about stuff going on in their life. I rarely dream, but last night I had these extremely vivid dreams about programming. It was such a we...
[20 replies] Last: I don't find any of this weird at all. To me it makes sense you solve ... (by megatron 0)
by yj1214
Did I remove Ubuntu correctly?

I downloaded ubuntu few hours ago but I didn't like it. So I decided to remove ubuntu from my computer. By the way, i'm using Windows 8 and it's installed, not ...
[3 replies] Last: It wont make it anymore clean. The only thing left is to get the boot ... (by NoXzema)
What are some other cool programming forum websites just like this one?

I could use something as great as this site, but for VB 2010 Express or VB in general. -Thank you.
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, I'll check it out and register. Hopefully it's active. It took... (by RelentlessChaos)
The Future of Programming

It might just be because it's easier to look back and see everything that has been accomplished but I look at programming and software development these days an...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=htirwin] I would like to have universal coding-convention stand... (by Gamer2015)
by Disch
The Legend of Korra - initial impressions

Note: There are some mild spoilers for Legend of Korra here (but not many as I haven't gotten very far in the show) Let me start this by saying I freaki...
[6 replies] Last: So I finished the entire series. Over time they pretty much improved ... (by Disch)
Blogs

Does anyone here have a blog? I recently started one about technology. The URL is: http://lukethetechman.wordpress.com . If anyone has any tips/suggestions for ...
[3 replies] Last: Two personal tips, now that I have some free time: 1. Add http:// to y... (by S G H)
Freelancing

This is for those who have freelanced, or who are currently freelancing: I'm thinking about freelancing, but I want some accounts first: What website do/did y...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies. I believe I have a good idea what freelancing... (by IWishIKnew)
how to completely wipe all your history on a computer

How do you completely wipe all your history off of a computer, like all history of you being on one? I've had to use a relative's laptop for a while so I'm...
[12 replies] Last: [quote=tath]then the best option is to write 0's in every sector ;) O... (by Computergeek01)
Project Euler - Ethics?

Hi, I am doing Project Euler and I got a quick question which I feel has been killing me for a while... Well, I have been attempting to do some problems there...
[5 replies] Last: If you don't look up formulae then you have a lifetime of pain ahead. ... (by chouhaizi)
Free lance programming question

I really want to do free lance programming (in either c++ or java) although I am discouraged by the commitment required. I am willing to put the time in althoug...
[no replies]
CodeChef SnackDown 2015

HI all, I would like to introduce Codechef SnackDown 2015. This is one of its kind event, aimed at competitive coders from India, but we encourage programmer...
[no replies]
how to determine whether you are already proficient in c++?

I just graduated in associate degree in Computer Science. I want to get a job ASAP, but I have this worries that I might be incompetent at work because every to...
[11 replies] Last: [quote=mrVariable]What I meant is that I cant program because my lapto... (by Cheraphy)
Website not working in IE

I have been working on a website for a while and I recently noticed that in IE a couple of boxes show up diagonally across the screen when they should be lined ...
[3 replies] Last: Consider using a CSS Reset in your site styles. http://cssreset.com/ (by Duthomhas)
May 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [apr2015] [jun2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.