UNIX/Linux Programming - March 2014

by Ceset
Cross Compiling from Linux for Windows

Hi guys. i m not much experienced in Linux and i m trying to cross compile from my ubuntu based ElementaryOS Luna dist and trying to create Windows executabl...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks for the information @Blakek. I will check it out. (by Ceset)
by mogha
Shell Script

Hi I have one doubt while calling a shell scripts from another shell script. suppose i have two shell script abc.sh and xyz.sh i call many instance of xy...
[1 reply] : You shouldn't expect each call into another sheel script to be run as ... (by kbw)
calculator problem

can someone to help me with this calculator? i want the user to be able the press A for add and B for subtract etc. how would i do that? am using BASH HERE I...
[1 reply] : Study this snippet of code and complete it: #!/bin/bash clear red='... (by condor)
ALL UNANSWERED FOLLOWED Ask Your Question 0 How to detect the shape of an object whilst the object is moving?

I have wrote the following shape code, but i'm having some difficulties regarding how it works. I want to be able to track the shape of the object whilst the ob...
[no replies]
by MrUser
C++: Traverse DBUS message to find BlueZ 5 adapter using iterator

I am trying to find available BlueTooth adapters using the BlueZ 5 updated Dbus API. Unlike BlueZ 4, which has a method exactly for this (i.e. org.bluez.Mana...
[no replies]
by HAAS87
Simplest way to establish an IPC mechanism in C++

Between different types of IPC mechanisms in Linux for local host, what's the most efficient way in terms of data exchange speed and code simplicity in C++? ...
[no replies]
system ("clear") for xcode

I just started programming with Xcode in C + + and i have a little problem with the command system ("clear"). When i build and run the program it start but, ra...
[6 replies] Last: So, what can i do for clear the screen ? (what function can i use for... (by long double main)
Problem whith gnu compiler

Iam creat class the code is //////////////////////// ebd.h//////////////////////////// #include <iostream> using namespace std; class ebd { private...
[4 replies] Last: Just some advice, "using namespace std;" would be more appropriately p... (by BlakeK)
need to save all of the text that is on the screen to a file

alright so i have my program mostly running off of ncurses and you are a little dude (cursor) and you go around and you can place 'o' and delete 'o' and just ki...
[3 replies] Last: moved to here http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/unices/127018/ please go ... (by gopro2027)
HTTP Request fails with argv[1]

When I make my HTTP request this way, it kinda works. char *httprequestdata = "GET / HTTP/1.1\r\n"; send(socketforsending, httprequestdata, strlen(httprequ...
[1 reply] : When you pass \r\n in a string, it's translated to 2 binary characters... (by kbw)
c++ parent process killing child process

I am stuck on a piece of code similar to the following ... pid_t pid = fork(); if (pid == 0) { //in child process do_something(); } else ...
[3 replies] Last: Nice Linux-only API I didn't know about.. from man 2 prctl, PR_SET_PD... (by Cubbi)
IDE for remote development?

Something I can connect to my VPS with. I generally don't use IDEs (coming from wedev) and I'm generally at odds with the amount of setup, since I bounce around...
[3 replies] Last: Do you have a GUI on the remote box? If so, just connect over X. You... (by kbw)
ocation of core file

HI All, I ran a c++ executable in my home directory and pressed ctrl-\ and it prompted the message core dumped and ended the program. But I am unable to loc...
[4 replies] Last: @keskiverto .I wil try that...Thanks (by venkatacplpl)
SDL2 in MacOSX 10.9

I try to create applications using SDL in Netbeans, but it doesn't works. I try to compile a simple test code, and I suppose that anythings is wrong. This is th...
[14 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by fernialex)
Simple moving characters

ive done a bunch on my little program so far. ive also had some help from another youtuber who watched my video on it. but right now im looking to have a grashi...
[5 replies] Last: i have realized the only way to do stuff like i asked is with ncurses.... (by gopro2027)
by zakkor
compiling SFML with cmake problems

I successfully cloned the latest SFML version from the git repository, but when I try to compile with with cmake, i get the following error: command: edwar...
[2 replies] Last: Did you install the development package libudev-dev? (by naraku9333)
Daemons and audio output

Hi all, I'm writing a Linux C++ program to drive son external devices. All seems to work correctly working as daemon, but no audio output I found as expecte...
[3 replies] Last: Doh! Seems it was a speech-dispatcher process wrong method to initiali... (by robertomilani)
need help compiling this

// Write a nested-if statement that prints an appropriate activity // depending on "temperature" and "humidity" as recommended in the following // t...
[2 replies] Last: are u purposely leaving out a bunch of lines of code? i really cant te... (by gopro2027)
by axtyax
allegro with png's on linux

I am trying to make a game with allegro and i am getting very frustrated that i can only use bmp's so if somebody could just walk me through how to be able t...
[1 reply] : There are 2 ways: Use the image addon: http://alleg.sourceforge.net/a... (by NoXzema)
socket connect: no route to host

Hello All, I am facing an issue while connecting client to server using socket. client's connect function is giving an error, no route to host. Anyone hav...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply. I got solution for the problem. I got the IP a... (by shadabpundeer)
March 2014 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.