Windows Programming - December 2014 (Page 2)

doing a break while reading a .txt

I am reading a Textfile and It looks like this: //*test.txt*// brick1 10,11 20,20 30,30 ///////////// I want to break the read of the file, if it reads ...
[4 replies] Last: Im sorry, thank's for help. I have forgotten to write "pos =" in wh... (by SkillsXP)
How to check if program is already running

I only want my application to run once at a time. If it's already running and the user runs it again, it should close automaticly. Basicly the program should ge...
[1 reply] : you can create global synchronization point (like event or mutex) whic... (by tath)
Function that counts unique letters in a string

Well I'm trying to make a function that reads a string from a vector, counts the number of unique characters in each string, and places the results in a new vec...
[5 replies] Last: then i think (if i understand) you need a std::map in your counts func... (by mutexe)
Execute .bat in windows service

I have the code. void CSampleService::ServiceWorkerThread(void) { // Periodically check if the service is stopping. while (1) { // ...
[no replies]
MFC gui and plotting

Hi! I have to write a c++ app that imports data from excel and using a mathematical model I have to generate a plot in a gui. The gui should have a menu for s...
[1 reply] : try to download chart director it comes with example applications pret... (by rafae11)
print variables to windows form?

Hi I'm relatively new to windows forms, and c++ in general. I was wandering what the best way to print a variable to a windows form would be? This is the ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for all the help! (by Doodayer)
LNK2005: Symbol already defined

I scanned the other questions concerning LNK2005, but I did not see my situation represented. Here is the first of 16 very similar errors: 1>atlsd.lib(atl...
[no replies]
Why don't I need a prototype for sqrt???

Hello All. I apologize if I sound a bit dim-witted. I'm just diving into C++ (and programming in general) over the last week. I am using C++ Primer Plus as a g...
[3 replies] Last: When I run that through the C++ Shell tool, I get: In function 'int ... (by Homberto)
by anhnha
Newbie about MFC

I am reading a program (MFC) and there is a lot of .cpp and .h files. I can't find where the code starts. Normally, in C, it is main function and the code will...
[6 replies] Last: Find the event handler code for your START button and trace the code p... (by mutexe)
hello

here is simple program that count pow of number from 0 to x vysledky means results in slovak language but i just care how do i get time how long it takes to my ...
[1 reply] : You never actually posted your code :P But you can use either the time... (by giblit)
by sambos
dataGridView

Hi, I have a dataGridView and I'm using it within a windows form. It displays a heap of data, both string and numerical values. I need to colour code the valu...
[no replies]
by nnxen
Microsecond Timer Interrupt

Hello, I'm trying to simulate some code that I will be using on a PIC microcontroller in Visual C++ 2010. My microcontroller will use a timer interrupt to...
[no replies]
Windows patch Uninstallation using WUA API

I tried uninstallation of patch using WUA API IUpdateInstaller::Uninstall Method( Following link describes it ) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your reply. I have spent lot of time for this t... (by knkumar93)
by alican
cmd.exe + normal functions work together

Hi all, I would like to make a program, it will work with cmd.exe. if i write, "func X" it will run X function, if i write any cmd command, it will work li...
[no replies]
Need help

Hey guyz i am new to coding scene never did programming or coding i have to change windows class name of a progam in one forum one guy posted this Open OllyDBG...
[3 replies] Last: I can either ignore my moral outrage about helping to facilitate cheat... (by Computergeek01)
[Linker error] undefined reference to 'CreateSolidBrush@4'

Hi, DevC++ gave the following error: [Linker error] undefined reference to 'CreateSolidBrush@4' Windows does define a reference to CreateSolidBrush(). So w...
[1 reply] : If you are working within the constraints of a project set up as a con... (by freddie1)
by rfresh
Winform inter-communications between apps

I have a game app that has a window in it and was designed to be interacted with using only the keyboard. I find it very difficult to do this and was wondering ...
[6 replies] Last: So you are trying to get events from a window outside your app? I ever... (by zoran404)
SDL + OpenGL + Boost : IDE ?

Hello everybody, I would like to dev a game in 3D, developing on windows 8.1. I have 2 ideas in mind : Developing the game for : windows or/and android ...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Spikerocks101]but OpenGL, imo, has more potential for phone dev... (by Avilius)
by Erhy
user switch actions

Hello! I have an application with audio, which don't like user switching. How I can recognize user switching. I traced the windows callback messages ...
[1 reply] : the solution to get messages according user switch is, to call after C... (by Erhy)
setup my development environment?

I am new member in cplusplus forum . I have a question to ask and I hope for complete answer. Please can you give me tutorial or the steps to setup my develop...
[no replies]
December 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.