Windows Programming - January 2015

My Own Onscreen Keyboard

I am attempting to develop my own onscreen keyboard for Japanese Hiragana. I am OK in making the GUI for this keyboard (OK meaning capable and not skilled) and ...
[1 reply] : Actually after some time of googling I found something and will post i... (by closed account 2hfG1hU5)
string to String^ conversation

Hi people, I'm practicing Windows Phone App development and am writing a test app at the moment. I'm having issues with converting string/char or any other ...
[1 reply] : Why not just work with a Platform::String^ instead of a std::string... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
RS232 with printer

hi all, Good day. I am very new to Visual C++. How to start windows programming. And i want to communicate via serial port com(RS232) interfacing with printe...
[8 replies] Last: Good day. its Okay Jaybob66 . Thank you so much. I will also use tutor... (by sasireka)
by I14R10
Program stopped responding

I finished my program so I went to test it on other computer. And it stopped working as soon as I started it. The problem was that I put "Sleep" function inside...
[10 replies] Last: All is well that ends well. (by Computergeek01)
by I14R10
How to show updated variable to a window?

I have window running that shows one variable. I would like to increase that variable every few seconds and update it on a window. I don't know how to do it. I ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you modoran. That worked! (by I14R10)
by Willi
Win32 API - Having more than one instance of a window

Hello guys, I have been using C++ for half a year now. Until now I have always used Java for graphical things. I have learned how to create a window, renam...
[9 replies] Last: That's the tutorial that's most often recommended around here. Note t... (by freddie1)
by net740
c++ to vb.net

I need help converting c++ code to vb.net. I don't know any c++ but am fluent in .net. here are the two i need help with: http://pastebin.com/P2LEFb5a http://...
[1 reply] : I think you will have big problems with that. first .NET is not a lan... (by Jaybob66)
Unconventional Use of a USB?

Hello everyone, This summer I took apart a printer and took off the linear optical encoder. I managed to hook it up to an arduino's analog ports and read ...
[2 replies] Last: I didn't know Arduinos could be so cheap. Thank you for your response.... (by TaylorCoons8798)
Wininet does NOT send in Parameters.

Good afternoon, I been having some problems with this for sometime now, how do i do this? i been trying to make this code work to send information as this t...
[2 replies] Last: Why not use libcurl ? Using it will make your life much much easier. h... (by modoran)
Visual Studio 2012 C++ program hanging/freezing

I have a visual studio 2012 C++ program that is hanging when I assign the SelectedIndex for a drop down list. The strange part is that it only happens to certa...
[2 replies] Last: What I have always noticed is that intermittent problems such as that ... (by freddie1)
detect network drive remote and use as variable?

Hello! I have about 75 offices all with slightly different configurations as far as how their network drives are. Some of the hosts are named building-office, b...
[5 replies] Last: It took me a minute, I didn't know this function was a thing. But it l... (by Computergeek01)
Need better environment than console for game

Hey Guys, Im making a text based rpg. current;y using console, but i want more functionality, like full screening, text size and font manipulation. Yet, I ...
[3 replies] Last: If you want to make a game, use a game engine. If you want to make a g... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by MexUK
Initial filename text for open-file dialog

Hi there I am trying to show an initial filename in the open-file dialog, but my program is crashing. I attempt to convert the std::wstring to non-const wch...
[6 replies] Last: I have solved that problem by using wmemcpy instead of wcsncpy, for th... (by MexUK)
Data from flight sim using a dll

Good Day, I am developing a small home cockpit (as a hobbyist and not as professional) with Microsoft Flight Simulator and the Aerosoft Airbus X. I use a V...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, when it runs within the sim, it shows the actual data and the for... (by elektroby)
to experts

hi two days ago when i put k-parameter which is soLagaDaSeStoriAga for janjuaplayer.com ,link played in simple tv rtmp://$OPT:rtmp-raw=rtmp://91.109.247...
[no replies]
by I14R10
Best way to combine few c++ sources

So, I have written source that extracts binary data from wav file. And I have written another source that displays that data in window. What is the best way to ...
[3 replies] Last: I managed to do it, all in one file. I also managed to do it with head... (by I14R10)
Undefined reference, linker error

I am an absolute beginner. This is my first C++ code. Taking from the default project in Dev C++, youtube tutorials, and some intuition, I came up with the simp...
[3 replies] Last: When you write a program using an API, such as WIN32, you always have ... (by Differintegral)
.substr having trouble with spaces

Hello, I'm working on a text-based game, but I'm having some trouble with importing some data from a textfile... for some reason it all works fine without spac...
[7 replies] Last: I will illustrate an important difference between >> and getline: #in... (by kevinkjt2000)
by anhnha
Windows Programming Books

Hi, I have just ordered the book MFC Internals : Inside the Microsoft Foundation Architecture by George Shepherd, Scot Wingo from amazon. However, at present I ...
[5 replies] Last: you can learn c++ language by practice more and more.create your own s... (by petermark)
by Okdiat
Small error Help

Guys im trying to compile one .c code but this error pop out anyone help me D: http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z396/Squirtward/2e21421.png Do you guys nee...
[no replies]
January 2015 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [dec2014] [feb2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.