Windows Programming - February 2013

2D Platform Games

Hi guys Im new to these forums but I need help. I'm kinda okay with game programming for the most part and was looking for any tutorials of books that help w...
[10 replies] Last: I'm actually trying to make a platform game of my own! I thank all of ... (by Pranay Venkatesh)
Serial communication - loopback

Hi, I have loopback on my serial port and I am trying to send byte via this port and receive it immediately. It has to be done overlapped (asynchronously) to s...
[no replies]
Outlook 2010 code

The problem is, I know nothing about C++ but I have everything I need to make the script I want. The problem is, I don't know how to put it together. The scri...
[no replies]
Programming for Mobile Platforms

I was wondering what the difference between programming for windows desktop and programming for a mobile platform like kindle-fire or android might be. Do those...
[3 replies] Last: There are numerous ways to program in C++ and distribute across any mo... (by MrHutch)
Seg fault when deleting queue, only when large

I'm new to the forums so if this should be posted in a different category, let me know. I have a program that uses a dynamic queue to store some data, and occa...
[2 replies] Last: Oh I didn't even think of that! How would I fix this? EDIT: I wrote a... (by opusGlass)
by huike
Need help with SDL error

I recently started over on a project I was doing in SDL so I created a new project but now I'm getting this really weird access violation error when I try to di...
[no replies]
What is the difference between Viewports and windows view coordinates?

Question is in the title been reading about mapping modes and I don't really understand them.
[1 reply] : I can vaguely remember this, I will have to open my Petzold, he did a ... (by guestgulkan)
How to change the background of a readable edit control

Hey, I am working on this project where I need to update an edit box every couple of seconds with a status and based on the status I need to change the color o...
[1 reply] : An example I just knocked up in Codeblocks. One thing to note is the ... (by guestgulkan)
Looking for realtime Win32 pixel control.

Dear Reader, I am looking for a way to accurately set pixels in a Win32 window. I'm pretty sure you'd start thinking about SetPixel() right now, but t...
[6 replies] Last: So the primitives and bitmaps get passed to the underlying system, whi... (by Niels Meijer)
Winsock question

Hey. I'm now learning how to make simple server-client applications, and I'm having hard time understanding how it's supposed to be so I have a few general que...
[2 replies] Last: I'll check it out. Thanks! So, the part that I'm missing is Multitask... (by Northern)
Floating toolbar problem

I am trying to fix a toolbar related problem. My program is Single Document Interface, MFC based, written in VC++ 5 and I have created a second toolbar. Either ...
[no replies]
by lmsmi1
FreeImage WinAPI PNG Image Loading

I am still confused about how to successfully load a PNG image using FreeImage. My code below compiles successfully, but the image doesn't show up in the win...
[3 replies] Last: Inside what window ?| Window have SS_BITMAP style to a static control ... (by modoran)
Why and how much stackk size to give in CreateThread api

Hi, I am trying to learn thread programming using C++ and Win32 thread API. CreateThread() api takes DWORD dwStackSize as it second parameter, and if ...
[4 replies] Last: When will stackoverflow occur? When you've used it all. As I said be... (by kbw)
Undefined Reference to a private HINSTANCE in the Header

Header #ifndef MAINWINDOW_H #define MAINWINDOW_H #include <windows.h> class MainWindow { public: MainWindow(HINSTANCE hInstance); ...
[5 replies] Last: You have to initialize the static variable outside the class definitio... (by AHCFan20)
May I have help with windows Programming please

Hi I'm relatively new to C++ I understand the basics OK. I would now like to move onto windows programming. When I create a new windows project in Microsoft Vis...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=newbieg]One thing to keep in mind is that windows api is set to... (by modoran)
client area is moving to screen (0,0) position

Hi, I am creating one parent window, inside that one child window.Now i am displaying an image inside child window client area. when i launch it first tim...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Disch and EssGeEich, I solved the issue. (by rajvesh)
Displaying Image from stream

I'm trying to display an image from a stream data. But there is no image when getting image::from stream. It's my source code: IStream* pstream = NULL; ...
[no replies]
by lmsmi1
Changing text in Static control

I have some static text on a window, and want to change it after a progressbar gets to a certain point. I've got the progressbar set up and everything, but what...
[5 replies] Last: All I needed was brackets around the WM_TIMER case code. Now how do I... (by lmsmi1)
MadWizard winsock tutorial

I found this really nice winsock tutorial online, and I'm still struggling with it but I need a working client example to play around with. The one he provided...
[6 replies] Last: You need to link with ws2_32.lib (by kbw)
by Things
Detour Trampoline help

Hello there.. IM having a problem with detours automatically calling "int WINAPI my_send". I need to be able to call this from my GUI, That i call externally...
[no replies]
February 2013 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.