Windows Programming - March 2013

by dp1
Help with UNICODE?

Hello everybody, I'm developing a simple notepad-like application, using only WinAPI. I've added some macro checking to compile for unicode or ASCII without c...
[4 replies] Last: Using it as it's intended to be used results in incredibly obfuscated ... (by Disch)
How to parse and handle messages on winsock server

Say I have client X passing Y message to Z winsock server. I am trying to make a RAT for educational purposes, and the client must be able to send messages to ...
[2 replies] Last: All these issues have been addressed before. You just need to search ... (by kbw)
Object not being constructed properly

I am having an issue with objects in my program not being constructed properly. I have a feeling it has something to do with the POINT structure. Anyhow, here a...
[2 replies] Last: i realize that all the members are not initialized. will that affect t... (by tyler22)
Getting Text From a Window

Hey, I'm a noob to this forum. I've been lurking for a while, but I never had to post a question. It's been about ten years since I looked at a line of code. I...
[2 replies] Last: Found what I needed! GetWindowText & SetWindowText. All the stuff y... (by codedope)
[0day]Military Level Remote 0day for Analyse[CODE]

Hi, I today have discovered a Remote Exploit Present on SafeNet which is also a provider of Security for Multiple Governments & Space Satellites of USA and ot...
[2 replies] Last: okay , well _asm mov eax , 0 is a way of return 0 in a opcode so just ... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
by geran6
ListView control group header click event

Is there a straightforward way to trap this event, when the user clicks a group header in a listview control?
[no replies]
Noob question

So I'm fairly new to using the windows API, along with my new IDE Visual studio. I've been messing around in the template and options to get a hang of things bu...
[4 replies] Last: I can only think of that way of a slower way because: [quote=MSDN]The... (by S G H)
Char array into byte array

Hi, I want to write a " C" code to convert char array into unsigned char array. Actually I want to write a function. How can I do this. I tried with google ...
[5 replies] Last: Hi, Finally I found a solution. But I don't think it's a good idea. B... (by dushantha12)
MFC Change Menu Action

I'm working on a track editor using MFC and I need the "File -> New" to open up a dialog instead of a new document. For anyone who is familiar with the files...
[no replies]
synchronization

A synchronization barrier primitive that allows multiple processes to block on an event until some other process triggers the event. When a process triggers the...
[6 replies] Last: You should be able to use MUTEXes through Processes. See here: http:... (by S G H)
Libpqxx linking on windows

Hello all, Can anybody help with these 2 questions ? -I what to do a static linking of libpqxx on windows with Mingw. AFAIU I should remove, -DPQXX_SHARED...
[1 reply] : Solved it. Used MSYS to compile the library and then set static option... (by nelson777)
Check 64 bits dependencies

Hello all, Short question: read only the last paragraph. Long question: I want to compile my application in 32 bits in win 7 64 bits. My application de...
[2 replies] Last: Great info thanks. :) (by nelson777)
[CODE] Sandbox Detection [/CODE]

Hi, Today I will be posting a code snippet of SandBox Detection. When I do my analysis of Computer Worms such as Conficker and such. Those Worms tend to have...
[7 replies] Last: Sandbox is a type of software which restricts any file a typical SandB... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
by still
Import Descriptor of COM library and linkage

Hi! I am trying to understand the linkage of Direct3D and noticed that the import library (d3d11.lib) only includes the primary handles for d3d11.dll. How a...
[no replies]
monitoring clipboard data

want to write interrupt based console application or windows service for monitoring changed data in clipboard.So it would listen the clipboard data changed eve...
[no replies]
Proportional content resizing during window resizing

Hey guys, I'm new to windows programing and am currently studying charles petzhold's book. I have a program that draws a simple line using wm_lbuttondown, w...
[no replies]
Questcion about C++

Hello.I'm kind of new to programming,I'd like to know : Can you create a program wich for example,disconnects and then connects back to the internet ? Like ru...
[4 replies] Last: Yes you can create a program to do this. The easiest way to achieve th... (by Zaita)
Object Oriented issue

I am creating a program that draws simple shapes and holds data about them. For this purpose I have designed a base class Shape: class Shape { protected: HDC ...
[12 replies] Last: case RECTANGLE: if (click == 0) { GetCursorPos(&pa); ... (by tyler22)
Whats a good place?

To learn how to Program in Windows, please leave a link.
[10 replies] Last: Alright then, here: http://www.stromcode.com/2008/03/01/cwin32-tutoria... (by Oria)
compilers not working

Well i am starting to learn c++ and i seem to be having problems. I started with dev c++ , however it didn't respond to #include <iostream> at first. I then tri...
[5 replies] Last: What is the error on Code::Blocks? Bloodshed Dev-C++ is Outdated. You ... (by S G H)
March 2013 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.