Windows Programming - March 2013 (Page 8)

Wierd Idea

Is there a way to get the handle to the client area of an opened folder? Say you open a folder on your desktop, there is the client area where files in that f...
[2 replies] Last: You can use a Desktop.ini file and set the folder as a system folder, ... (by LB)
Media Foundation unresolved external symbol

Hello. I am trying to create an application which captures video input, uses the differences between the frames of the video stream to construct a virtual repre...
[2 replies] Last: That works wonderfully, thanks! I assumed that those were automaticall... (by DethRaid)
Any ideas for a work around with LogonUser?

I'm making a lockout system and I just found out that I can't use a blank password with LogonUser. I know that windows is able to tell if you have a blank passw...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much. Out of all the sites I looked on google, I never ... (by Michael Lathberry)
Help for a program knowing the free memory space in our OS

Good afternoon, I'm in trouble. I've been sent an assignment for getting a C++ program to know my our OS's free memory. In our case, we own windows 7. Could ...
[1 reply] : http://bit.ly/Z7l1IX First result: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/... (by LB)
SetFocus

Hello, I'm trying to perform a check to see if a window is open or not. If it is, SetFocus on it. I'm not too sure how to use the function. Here's the code: ...
[no replies]
Help making a program

I want to make a program to hold information. Like a console application to store data in. I don't really know what to use! :( I don't know where to hold the da...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much i will get started on that! :) very good idea from... (by zBrianHD)
SetSecurityInfo() Help!

Hi, I am currently programming Security Applications in Windows OS & I need to Deny access to any users who try kill my Process. This I found was hard but ther...
[no replies]
Toolbar problem

I have written a Single Document Interface, MFC based program in VC++5. It has a lot of features and I want toolbar buttons for most of them so I have had to cr...
[no replies]
Win32. Get string from pasteboard.

Using OpenGl, I've created my own edit box. However, it would be nice if the user could paste into the edit box. I'll be fine at setting up an CTRL + V event th...
[1 reply] : It's straightforward. The clipboard can store data in a number of for... (by kbw)
My arcade game open source project

I wanted to share my version of Asteroids I created using C++ using the Allegro library. I call it Vector Asteroids, as it does not use textures, it harks back ...
[no replies]
New look of buttons

Hey there, I'm new to Windows C/C++ programming, and I am making a program of mine. So I need your professional help. I know how to make these buttons http://ww...
[3 replies] Last: This will work for visual studio: #pragma comment(linker,"\"/manifes... (by Stewbond)
Making something opaque over the screen

Dear Everyone, I'd like to know how to make an opaque screen that I can drag across the screen with C++. You'd be able to see the background clearly behin...
[1 reply] : Use the AnimateWindow function AnimateWindow(hwnd, 0, AW_BLEND); h... (by blackcoder41)
Windows 7, ITaskbarList3 implementation

Hello all. I'm trying to add the style of a progressbar win7 application. Follow the code; I'm using codeblocks with the gcc compiler 4.7.2 #include <...
[1 reply] : I forgot to call CoInitialize(). Getting well: #include <iostream> #... (by theafien)
C# programming, removing a value from an int array?

in c# how would one remove a value from an int array ,but only if that value exists in the array? here's my code so far: //returns a copy of the array where all...
[1 reply] : return clone not array (by naraku9333)
by Alitoh
Printing 'to printers' in windows.

Hello, I have a text file (in the future it might be a PDF, but right now a TXT will do to learn) that I want to print in my usb001 printer . I have its driver...
[7 replies] Last: Or, you could use a library that already has this done. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Multithreaded HTTP server in C

I have a problem with my code. I am trying to write multithread server http on windows. I do not know what i am doing wrong when i started the server and trying...
[no replies]
.exe icon

Hi Guys! I have an icon for my Windows Form but I want to use the same icon for .exe itself, too... I couldn't see it in properties. How can I manage it? Than...
[2 replies] Last: It is not that easy. I managed it but I cannot explain why. Because I ... (by Flashbond)
Cygwin problems

I am having trouble getting my cygwin dev enviroment. i install it, but i dont have any of the compilers.I have installed 1.7.17. does anyone know anything that...
[1 reply] : Yes to compiler in cygwin enviroment you need to get a GCC compiler su... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
Child Window and Input Priority

I'm having trouble with my child windows, when they overlap then the window that was opened first is getting the mouse input. The way I understand SetFocus is ...
[5 replies] Last: Well that's kinda weird but... As long as it works. (by S G H)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 678
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.