Windows Programming - March 2013 (Page 7)

How to draw a line with the mouse

So the point of the program is when a person left clicks its meant to emulate the line function in paint. Im new to windows programming in general so im open to...
[no replies]
Changing WinProcs

I'm trying to change the winproc while a program is running, I have it set to do this when the user clicks the mouse so I can test it, but nothing happens, any ...
[6 replies] Last: I knew I had posted something about using function pointers somewhere,... (by freddie1)
Garbage in my Char buffer

I have a program that when i push a button, i want it to get the text from 3 different text boxes and then concatenate them then change them back to a char arra...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the help for anyone who may have the same beginner issue u... (by nathansmith72)
commission

how to get the total commiossion for a sold amoun?
[no replies]
This code from msdn won't work

I've got this in DemoApp.h: template<class Interface> inline void SafeRelease( Interface **ppInterfaceToRelease ) { if (*ppInterfaceToRelease != NUL...
[1 reply] : Ah man... I missed a capital "I" template<class Interface> inline v... (by InDustWeTrust)
Not understanding How to Enumerate Child Windows.

HEADER #ifndef CHILDWINDOWTOMAINWINDOW_H #define CHILDWINDOWTOMAINWINDOW_H #include <windows.h> class ChildWindowToMainWindow { public: ...
[1 reply] : Hi edumoette, EnumChildWindows() will walk the tree of child windows ... (by vigo)
Drawing a rectangle PROBLEM !!!

Hello, before I explain my problem I just wanted to say that I am quiet new to the programming. I'll be quick and just describe the problem really briefly, I...
[4 replies] Last: : ) Don't worry about it. (by opProgrammer)
Winsock Win-8

I have tried to find some documentation on winsock for win-8 on MSDN but i cant find anything. i want to use socket programming in C++ in win-8 but come from ot...
[6 replies] Last: They're still the same send/recv functions and I find nothing so bad i... (by S G H)
Using a native C struct in Managed C++

Hi I am trying to make a C wrapper around some native code so that I can use it in an Azure Web Service. As far as I am aware, Azure only allows pinvoke on ...
[no replies]
why Linux doesn't support Component Object Model (COM) ?

Why Component Object Model (COM) is not supported on linux. Plz anyone brief me through its technical perspective. I know COM is a standard developed by microso...
[2 replies] Last: @hamzaali906: For heavens sake please stop with the duplicate posting!... (by kbw)
Fractal painting inside window

Hello, i am making multi-threaded fractal generation program, but i run into problem how to paint it. Right now i am using simple SetPixel command, but it's too...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, all problems sort out, now only one is left. I need to be able to ... (by kilohercas)
Sending LOWORD/HIWORD WPARAMS

How do I send an LPARAM or WPARAM with a HIWORD and a LOWORD value in PostMessage()? Do I have to send it as a union, or is it done in some other way?
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, That's exactly what I needed for my program. (by newbieg)
by gws923
Any method calls on an std::list resulting in a segfault.

Hello everyone. I am having a super weird problem. I'm using std::list to keep track of all the actions an "Actor" should take. It doesn't really matter wh...
[4 replies] Last: L B, yes, definitely. Honestly I just used the top and bottom nonsens... (by gws923)
by Phiru
How to call DrawItem manually??

I have a dialog which has 10 buttons in it. And those buttons are drawn with their own background image. So, I draw them by using DrawItem function which is cal...
[no replies]
Unhandled exception error in my compiler?

I'm having an issue in my array practice problem. I intialize and print out a 2D array using random numbers, and then i'm supposed to rotate it 90 degrees. I ge...
[no replies]
by Nybble
VirtualQuery issue

Well I'm trying to figure out why this app keeps crashing... Basically I'm going through memory reading every address to find a value, right now I'm reading ev...
[9 replies] Last: I figured out what it was, I needed to filter out pages with the PAGE_... (by Nybble)
by geran6
How can I load a 32-bit png resource?

I added a 32bit png image as a resource. Now how can I load it with either GDI or WIC? Edit: I found this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/des...
[2 replies] Last: would use OpenCV (by Darkmaster)
ReadProcessMemory

Hello, I am using "ReadProcessMemory" to view variables from other applications, but the problem is, the addresses change every time the other application is op...
[6 replies] Last: Nybble, I have the base pointer ("example.exe+01D3A1"). How do I pass ... (by SoapChicken)
by kw1991
don't know whats the problem with code

I'm trying to create a button using Win32 case WM_CREATE: { CreateWindow(TEXT("BUTTON"), TEXT("testing"), WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD, 10,10,80...
[2 replies] Last: i defined the button the the top of my code #define ID_BUTTON ... (by freddie1)
forms application standard i/o

I am writing a program and when a certain button is pushed i want it to get the text from a text box and create a txt file and put that string in it. i tried us...
[no replies]
March 2013 Pages: 1... 5678
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.