Windows Programming - March 2013 (Page 6)

by exus
Text RPG Parser?

I have been learning C++ for some time now, and would like to take a shot at making a text-based rpg. I have made a text rpg with choices (not a parser) but wou...
[3 replies] Last: goto Google.com cin >> "text based rpg in c++ tutorial" cout << Man... (by cnoeval)
by aj3423
why message reflection?

Hi, I wonder why win32 controls use message reflection, for example, button doesn't get the click message, instead the message is sent to its parent window a...
[1 reply] : Because its the parent than handles a button press, not the button. T... (by kbw)
by jens
compiling functions using opencv library to 64bit dll

Hi, I wrote some simple routines using opencv 2.4.4 and i had no problems to run the code. The development environment is MS Visual Studio 2010. My original...
[5 replies] Last: Didn't knew that I have to add the opencv projects that I use in my fu... (by jens)
Making sound in windows

Is there a function that is somewhere between playsound() and Beep()? I'm wanting a function that you can output a sound without causing a lag in message loops...
[5 replies] Last: Just to reiterate / clarify: Or maybe a way to create a sound file ... (by Disch)
Transitioning from console applications to windows applications

- Hello, I've been doing console programming for a while and I've just started to transition from console programming to windows programming. - I've been rea...
[6 replies] Last: The best approach here depends whether you are a "top-down" learner... (by freddie1)
Accessing network drive through MFC

I a created a network drive on my system and mapped it to Z: drive letter. Just the explaining the problem I've created a simple program in MFC for accessing...
[2 replies] Last: It's a typo. Sorry for this. In actual code I have is correct I have v... (by dearvivekkumar)
Limiting Memory to increase efficiency

The way I understand it, declaring variables inside functions will cause a program to create an instance of that variable evry time the function is run. Is the...
[13 replies] Last: ok. Well, that was the only concern I had, because I just could not a... (by IWishIKnew)
by colbra
Application not responding,apphanging

Hi everybody im new here not new to C++ just catching up on it, Im writing alarm program, the program works and does the job, but hangs in the process heres the...
[no replies]
WINSOCK PROGRAM TO PERFORM A BASIC MATH FUNCTION

I have an assignment that takes existing client and server code that's currently able to connect over an address and port and share data. We're asked to add ...
[no replies]
help with sfml

so i downloaded sfml to use with code blocks (its the one you get with the c++ for dummies disc) and got it all set up according to how the sfml tutorial told m...
[17 replies] Last: You have to "register" it or it stops working in 30 days. Registering... (by Disch)
by kw1991
how to create a client server in MFC

I have never used MFC before, just c++ console applications, and c#. I just created a client server program in a c++ console application but now i need to make...
[13 replies] Last: Have you added the controls and mapped them onto objects in the dialog... (by kbw)
Direct3d vs direct2d versus directdraw for 2d games?

Which one is best for 2d games? I will need to use bitmaps and sprites a lot if that has any influence.
[4 replies] Last: Direct2D is a separate API. It was released with windows 7 and backpor... (by geran6)
by Zamuel
Program not responding message when trying to exit

Hello, I am upgrading an older program that is divided into several processes, there one is just a command window that handles some serial communication. Eve...
[8 replies] Last: Can't you port the code in the console program to be contained inside ... (by ajh32)
Directory functions not available

I am running Visual C++ 2010 Express on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32-bit. I have written a small program aimed at reading the contents of a given directory. Howe...
[2 replies] Last: opendir, readdir and closedir comes from POSIX world and are available... (by modoran)
I'm about to trash my computer - Tried to find the problem for hours

I have left some //Comments to help you navigate through the issue I have Main.cpp int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInst, HINSTANCE hPrevInst, LPSTR lpCmdLine, i...
[2 replies] Last: I got the answer from StackOverflow. I should have written this instea... (by InDustWeTrust)
I want similar code for this porgram

ChangeInstruction(address, "push eax"); I'm making a trainer in C++, and I need these kinds of functions. I know, ChangeInstruction isn't a valid functi...
[1 reply] : Not really so straightforward. To "transform" 'push eax' into valid by... (by S G H)
WFA Windows Form Application Programming

I am currently using Visual Studio and I started a Windows Form Application. I was just wondering where do I find the description of the classes that this GUI i...
[no replies]
MFC and ActiveX HWND

Hey guys I got a pretty unique situation here and I was wondering if somebody could enlighten me. I have a full-fledged application contained in a dialog-bas...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks man, I can't believe I didn't think about EnumChildWindows() (by aaron1a12)
Read Process List Name that contains multibyte characters

Hi everybody, on the microsoft page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/ms686701(v=vs.85).aspx I can use source code to get all runni...
[2 replies] Last: Hi everybody, could already resolve my own stupid question. I have to... (by funkmunich)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 45678
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.