Windows Programming - March 2013 (Page 4)

Dynamic Memory in Windows

(edit: ignore this post, it was user error) //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// I'm having trouble using vectors and "new" in m...
[2 replies] Last: Huh, I tried rewriting the program from scratch because it was too lon... (by newbieg)
Restore Minimized Windows

How would you restore a minimized window back to the screen from code instead of by user input? I have a stopwatch/alarm-clock type program that I'm wo...
[2 replies] Last: Woohoo! That function was the last touch I needed to the program. Th... (by newbieg)
[Deny Process] SetKernelObjectSecurity [Deny Access]

Hi, I am going to be releasing many sources and tutorials for some time to help others. Anyway today we are going to deny access to our program using DACLS. Th...
[no replies]
I need help with sockets.

I get an error which is supposed to mean I have an invalid socket handle. I will copy a post I posted on SO without getting an answer. Edit: I believe it ha...
[9 replies] Last: InDustWeTrust the best way is actually simplest way. Take your full p... (by Stormhawk)
Use dll file

Hi, I want to develop an application for send some APDU commands. In this case we are using a smart card reader. So my problem is I want to use a particular ...
[6 replies] Last: It all depends on what IDE( what compiler you are using for making you... (by Stormhawk)
windows api for the console

I am writing a code for a game using windows api for the console. the code i have so far moves a char left, right, up or down depending on which arrow was press...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/96242/ (by kulitafak)
by dp1
why doesn't it work?

Hello everybody, I'm trying to develop a simple app with WinAPI, and I've already created the main window and the menus, but when I create the toolbar I get o...
[no replies]
Trying to make a healthbar with windows.h

I'm having a bit of trouble, thought I could ask here rather than failing a few more times. I'm trying to make a circular healthbar for my player using windo...
[2 replies] Last: That sounds like a good idea thanks for the suggestion. So basically ... (by garanon)
checking?

so im making a multiple choice quiz... how do i count the radio buttons that were selected, so i can see the total score that i got
[2 replies] Last: so how do i do it i just started i dont know how to code it yet (by linEmoguy)
by Phiru
Launch IE in a control?

I have a dialog, which has a static and a button control. when I pressed the button, I want to launch internet explore in my static control. And I did lik...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks. freddie1. your link is probably what i am looking for. It loo... (by Phiru)
Graphical Group Buttons

I have a black main form and I want to add a group button with a gray background. I do so using the BS_GROUPBOX flag. However, the background color turns out to...
[no replies]
by Elven
Windows programming and Windows Phone

Hello ! I'm new here . Just registered yesterday . So I started C++ with Turbo C++ because I heard it's easier to learn . I've made some Dos games like Tetris ...
[4 replies] Last: It may actually be worth not learning C++ (yet) and start with C# and... (by Oria)
by dp1
TOOLBAR ERROR?????

Hello everybody, I'm trying to develop a simple app with WinAPI, and I've already created the main window and the menus, but when I create the toolbar I get o...
[no replies]
tabcontrols?

how do i code for the tabcontrol thing? because i want to switch to the next tab using a button, is possible?
[no replies]
API

Hi, I am developing a application using c. Using this application someone can do some operations. Now I want to give my application as a API (I don't want to...
[4 replies] Last: Hi tath, Thank you for the help. Finally i created a ".a" file and li... (by dushantha12)
Flowchart to source code project?

So here's an idea for a project that I might make. The idea is to ask user to input a flowchart and then produce its equivalent source code. The approach i...
[no replies]
tellg() moves unexpectedly

I am writing a program with a class that has an fstream member. The functions for the class is to open a file, read and print the last line of a file, and close...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah that makes more sense. Just trying to learn why the error occurre... (by Op3rate)
by Savage
C++ API

Soon, i have to start my college project, but before i start i need an advice. I want to make a desktop application for flowcharts drawing. I need an advice abo...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Stewbond] Win32 is provided in C. It is certainly worth learn... (by thejman250)
problem with std::thread

im trying to do a c++11 tutorial on threading, but i dont think code::blocks (i know its not a compiler but it comes in a package with mingw already installed i...
[3 replies] Last: You have 5 options: 1) Find and install a compiler that supports C++... (by Disch)
Compilation error

Hi All, I am creating a metro application on windows8.I am using vc++ programming language. I am using mssoap toolkit to communication with the webservice( w...
[no replies]
March 2013 Pages: 123456... 8
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.