Windows Programming - January 2012 (Page 7)

Window unfocus when MessageBox must be shown

Hi, this is so weird, so I have no other option than asking for a little help again. I have a button BUTTON2 created while WM_COMMAND (when I press a button ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, it was that. I used the hWnd argument of the messages handler in ... (by alexbnc)
by drfrev
GetRValue returns 255 every time

First to start off I understand this has been asked repeatedly: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111015170327AA8vHmY http://cboard.cprogramming.c...
[1 reply] : Got it to work, I needed to declare bmi.bmiHeader.biSize = sizeof(BI... (by drfrev)
Program with file reading falls in an infinite loop when executing in one machine, nor in another one

Hello, I have the following Problem: I help a friend programming a game for a class project. The program must load the previously played games from a text f...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, your solution works! (Well, it avoids the infinite loop) In late... (by closed account 10X9216C)
OpenGL rotating and translating issue

In my project, i have a guy which is a square in the center. i have him moving around, and he can move towards wherever the mouse is, the thing is, the red squa...
[5 replies] Last: The whole rotate and translate thing can be pretty weird for opengl. S... (by jpphelan)
array calculation with C++.

Hello everyone, please i need to know how to perform mathematical operations with the 1d array and 2d array. for example I have two arrays: array1...
[5 replies] Last: alright, I asked my friend and he told me. What I mean is this: ... (by profprog)
PostMessage not working?

Dear reader, I am trying to send some keystrokes to an already running application. Everything works fine if I use any other function then PostMessage. When I...
[7 replies] Last: No clue what lparam does (my english is to bad to fully understand it)... (by devbizz)
Create control while WM_COMMAND

Helo again I have a window that has some elements on it created inside the WM_CREATE case. Everyting is OK. Now, when I click on a button, all the elements mu...
[2 replies] Last: EVRIKA! It works. Thanks man! (by alexbnc)
by joeka
IO bad character

i created a console application that reads from a file line by line, each line has values separated by ',' when i debug my application everything works fine bu...
[3 replies] Last: hi guys, i'm using VS2010 to compile the .exe file on my computer and... (by joeka)
Process creation and monitoring

Hi, In the code below I have created a process and want to monitor that process whether the created process get closed or not. If I have a single document...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks a ton! I have build this code and understood a bit about the l... (by dearvivekkumar)
Too few arguments to function

I'm trying to display a picture based on a random generated number. void apply_surface(int x, int y, SDL_Surface* source, SDL_Surface* destination, SDL_Rect...
[8 replies] Last: Oh man, Thanks !, I had a random applysurface in it (by Assassin7257)
Arrays and lines

Ok, I know arrays can store numbers and characters, but I'm having difficulty understanding how to make the program (when a file is open for input)shift to the ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks. I appreciate your help and will look over your code. (by IWishIKnew)
Fullscreen screenshot by another process

Hello, I have the following Problem: I have to take a screenshot of an 3D fullscreen application(for example an game) by another Application, to analyse the p...
[5 replies] Last: The same Problem, i tried the example aplication and recorded an avi. ... (by Dominik Thalhammer)
by Phiru
how to make transparent check-box?

I add an event WM_CTLCOLOR and code like blow in it. if(pWnd->GetDlgID() == IDC_CHECKBOX) { pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); return (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(N...
[3 replies] Last: Check out WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. (by freddie1)
image comparisson (1,2)

ive made a program in vc++ 2010 that automaticly takes a photo with my webcam every 2 seconds. i did this using opencv. now i need to compare the 2 images to s...
[20 replies] Last: You're welcome mate ;) Good luck with your project! (by Ramses12)
by Kuci
Render .GIF animations using DirectX

Hello, how can I render .GIF animations using DirectX please ?
[1 reply] : You don't need DirectX Use IE COM, for example (by george135)
An alternative to libcurl?

Hullo guys, I am trying to use cURL to access the files on an ftp: server - At this stage I am dearly hoping that there is an alternative that doesn't involv...
[4 replies] Last: You never need any lib on Windows, everything is included Just use ... (by george135)
by Mats
Automatically Compiling a File

I have the following code, which opens up a file in CodeBlocks, after having written the program with another program. #include <iostream> #include <fstre...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much Ramses! :) (by Mats)
Help making Tic-Tac-Toe Game

So I'm making a Tic-Tac-Toe game, I've got up to where x can be placed on the board but I don't know how to decide which player turn it is. I would be highly ap...
[1 reply] : Here is one way you could do it... First add a bool checking which pla... (by Hippogriff)
Need Multiple File Selector Function Designed

Hello, I'm not very skilled with using the <windows> API. This led me to ask here for someone to help me design a function that will allow me to select multiple...
[1 reply] : Use GetOpenFileName(). http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/window... (by webJose)
Recursive Locks

I was doing some research into problems caused by recursion, and stumbled onto recursive locks. I understand they can cause a whole host of problems, but when I...
[1 reply] : If it is what I think it is, it is a topic for multithreading. A lock... (by webJose)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 56789
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.