Windows Programming - December 2011

by caruga
One code works one bugs, yet functionality equivilent?

The following works without error: size = get_key_value_int("font", "size", 10); weight =get_key_value_int("font", "weight", f_weight); italic = get...
[no replies]
Entry Point must be defined

I am starting a roguelike game, and the code is pretty simple. I am using Microsoft Visual C++, and I don't get any errors in the code, but when I try to build ...
[4 replies] Last: The problem is in your project setup. Check that you have the correct... (by Stewbond)
Copying data to clipboard to be "Paste" into Excel / word

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I am running a windows C based program and there is data being held in memory. If i hit a buttin on the keyboard i wo...
[3 replies] Last: I'm now sure why the data is going missing. But Excel won't know anyt... (by andywestken)
Pointer to a function

Dear, I had done an event handler which is simply a structure that has 2 members: 1- message code (i.e. mCode) 2- pointer to the function to be executed (...
[10 replies] Last: I asked about DLL_BSOLEVENTMANAGER as I've never seen it applied to a ... (by andywestken)
Set focus not working

I have a very simple child window that contains 2 edit box and 2 buttons. However, I'm not able to set the to one of those edit boxes by clicking on it. When I ...
[9 replies] Last: I've taken another look at the original styles you posted Ahmed and I ... (by freddie1)
by caruga
Help with my macro

Sometimes I feel that the C preprocessor is worse than merely fundamental/simplistic but down-right crippled. Anyway... So I have this macro that defines a bu...
[4 replies] Last: I'm struggling to see how this would help... EDIT: I was stupid enoug... (by caruga)
by seth23
GUI tutorials?

Is there any good C++ GUI tutorials on the web some where? I may have just missed them but I can't find anything relevant. Thanks for the suggestions.
[5 replies] Last: You won't have the problem WebJose described with CodeBlocks because i... (by freddie1)
by Phiru
change OS?

I just came up with an imagination about changing path where software's installed. When I setup an application on Windows vista(or 7), the installed path i...
[9 replies] Last: mscoree.dll is .Net. (by webJose)
by evb
What is the windows equivalent of clnt_call

I am trying to do a remote procedure call in Windows. I have successfully 'bind-ed' to the server and now I need to execute a 'client call' to the procedure on...
[1 reply] : I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer, but I have a source of do... (by roberts)
by caruga
RegisterClass; "Parameter is incorrect"

I get the rather cryptic error message "Parameter is incorrect" when trying to register my window class via a macro I made, designed to define a window and a ma...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I added that today, how careless of me. :) (by caruga)
by caruga
File not open for writing

I'm working on a Win32 app in Visual C 2010. If I run the app through the debugger (F5), close it, make a change and then try to compile, it seems the executab...
[10 replies] Last: Possibly anti-virus software involved??? (by freddie1)
A question about AdjustWindowRect()

GPUs work best with certian resolutions like 800x600, 1024x768, and so on. My question is: Should I, or should I not, use AdjustWindowRect() when turning full s...
[1 reply] : Your problem is solved by knowing the screen resolution. 1. Use Moni... (by webJose)
by caruga
Icon as a constant

Is it possible to convert an icon/image to a string or array literal and obtain a handle to it that a Window/Window-class can use?
[5 replies] Last: Well, if you have the right kind of array of bytes, you can feed it to... (by andywestken)
how to build and run sample credential provider

hi, i m using 64 bit windows 7,windows SDK 7.1,samplecredentialprovider samples for windows vista. i have followed all instuctions as given in the word docu...
[3 replies] Last: Windows Vista and Windows 7 virtualizes certain areas of the Windows r... (by webJose)
Book For Windows Programming

I already know the basics of C++ and I was wondering if anybody knew any good books for learning how to do Windows programming. Your help is appreciated.
[3 replies] Last: Thank you two so much! (by James352)
by Daniil
Excel automation in C++ (1,2)

Could some please share a working example of C++ code which performs the following: - connects to running Excel if any, otherwise throws an exception, - connec...
[29 replies] Last: By the way (and this is a bit off topic), if you only need to read dat... (by freddie1)
by caruga
"The system cannot find the file specified"

I am using LoadImage to load an icon, and it keeps getting this error. I've vetted it for Unicode/Ansi compatibility and typing the pathname into the windows s...
[no replies]
problem creating a process

I am trying to learn how to create a new process using CreateProcess. I found some code online and it works to start the notepad application: if(CreateProcess...
[4 replies] Last: Always use NULL as first argument and use PathQuoteSpaces() API export... (by modoran)
D3DXCreateTextureFromFile does not work.

Hi! I am learning DXAPI (currently DirectX9) and c++ using Visual Studio 10 and currently I am trying to set texture onto my sqare that I have already rendered...
[5 replies] Last: Shit, hanst99 was totally correct, the texture was in my project's fol... (by cubr cubrman)
by Anddos
Where do you update the progress bar

I have made a progress bar using a resource diaglog control , its up and running fine but how do i update the empty bar now? Thanks
[3 replies] Last: Not in WM_PAINT but whenever the progress changes, like in the loop of... (by webJose)
December 2011 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.